*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  How about a "Tabbed" chat system?
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Would you like tabbed chatting?
Yes! Great idea   -18 (52.9%)
No, I'm used to this   -1 (2.9%)
YES! With General chat as a tab!   -15 (44.1%)
: 32

: How about a "Tabbed" chat system?  ( 19138 )
Pafe
: 548

« #15 : March 07, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

Hiya's...

I don't have much experience with other chat systems, except the old America On Line one, and I haven't use that one in a long, long time.  I will leave this discussion up to those of you who can speak from experience, but I will keep reading it.

Thanks for letting me share,
Pafe

P.S.  What is SL?

Lover
: 10350

« #16 : March 07, 2012, 07:09:39 PM »

@ Pafe: I think she is talking about Second Life, another virtual reality game. I can't telly you more about it, I just know, it cannot be half as good as AChat :)

I just wanna remember about the general chat we had: IMHO it was awful and the best A-Team could do was to stop it. I like the idea of another chat system including several groups, but a general chat like the old one would kill any fun. A big hullabaloo made me feel standing in between 1000 people and everyone is telling something.

Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #17 : March 07, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »

personnaly , i think the idea of medjai is the greatest solution . True the one of the game fate mentioned is good , but i think its little more harder to realise than the one proposed by medjai . but maybe i'm wrong , i know nothing in programmation thing  ;D

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #18 : March 08, 2012, 02:51:17 AM »

Lover, the general chat i mention, work like the one we have now, not a chat where you can read all the users message even they are not for you

FateInfinity
: 51

« #19 : March 08, 2012, 06:22:38 AM »

Lover, the general chat i mention, work like the one we have now, not a chat where you can read all the users message even they are not for you

Obvious.

However yes, i was talkin' 'bout Second Life, also if, for fairness i had avoided to write clearly the name. But since someone else posted it, I can say that SL has a very good chat system for a 3D world. It has a TOTALLY DIFFERENT target than ACHAT, not same purpose: Second Life is a whole 3D world used for social, multimedia publishing, universities, games and of course sex but as secondary branch. It is a multipurpose platform, very very advanced and with the most advanced graphic level nowadays. But it is very complex. ACHAT is something different, it is a single purpose platform, adult oriented. For this, in example, i am in both places, Second Life since 3 years and now in ACHAT.
There is no comparison between the two things.

"I just know, it cannot be half as good as AChat"... well... ok. I am not sure you can compare your "microwave oven" with a "train", they are totally different tools. One makes good food, the other carries you somewhere else.

Achat is the best software for its own purpose.
Second Life it is something else.

The purpose of my post however was just the way SL faces the chat problem.
SL targets to a powerful chat system oriented to multiple continuous private messaging + a fast local chat. When i was playing as DJ in clubs in SL, is was bombed by 100 and more messages from the people in the club and from my own friends.
Here something like that is quite useless.
But, nevertheless, the tabbed messaging is however a very good approach to the problem.
I will post a screenshot as soon as possible.
FateInfinity

« #20 : March 08, 2012, 09:34:56 AM »

Here it is. To avoid showing third party screenshots i made a little photoshopping to the normal ACHAT chat section:

Maybe not 100% clear. Sorry.

Everytime one of the friends writes a new line, the relative tab label flashes to show "your buddy wrote something new". If the tab is hidden (over the edge of the window), the >> button flashes so I know I've to scroll to see the tab updated.

This is so easy, fast and clear to use.
« : March 08, 2012, 10:34:03 AM FateInfinity »
hentaiboy69

« #21 : March 08, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »

mmmmh, it seems clear and easy to use......maybe this can be the right solution!

Rukya

Paddle Queen

« #22 : March 08, 2012, 10:44:59 AM »

playing this game , i must say its a good one , but , yes sorry there is a but  :)

personnaly i found not so easy to follow a conversation when one of them is in the next chat tab (i found easyer to have the tabs vertical in place of horizontal , hope you see what i mean fate  :))

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
hentaiboy69

« #23 : March 08, 2012, 10:50:24 AM »

Rukya, it's not so different having it in vertical or horizontal, both work good, but in vertical position, it's gonna collide to much whit the chat scroll

Rukya

Paddle Queen

« #24 : March 08, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

yes i suppose it work the same way as vertical or horizontal , but in vertical you can see more conversations before have to scroll tabs .

i mean is this game i tryed horizontal first , and with more than 4 conversations you need to scroll tab . in vertical , with the same size of window you can follow around 10 simultaneously .

After , in achat , i think we could be able to follow maximum 6 conversations (including the general) before scroll the tabs  ;D . so maybe its no use to have them vertical .

hentaiboy69

« #25 : March 08, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »

In vertical, we can see 8 tab: one for the general chat, one for scroll and six for the current chat.

At this point, i have a doubt.....is general chat really needed if we gonna have something like this!? mmmmhhhh

FateInfinity

« #26 : March 08, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »

Indeed "General" it is quite useless.

About the vertical chat, I agree with you, Rukya. Probably it is better than horizontal, in Achat.
I preferred the horiz in the other "game" because of the names like "Silver dragon king of the empire of darkness" or something like that....  A vertical tab with that name will cover half of the chat window. Not good.
In Achat fortunately we have limited length for the names. Much better.
Rukya

Paddle Queen

« #27 : March 08, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »

loll i imagine the name hehe  ;D . but to be true in vertical it will be writed : Silver d...  ;)

Bear
: 3856

« #28 : March 08, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »

Well a global channel imo is a useful option... a method for new folks to introduce themselves into the community. Yes, it might lend itself to some idiotic postings... but that is the nature of the beast and one is not obliged to read it. Chat wise I am not certain if 50 threads for each account are necessary in this environment, a function like that serves better in an active RT environment like DJ'ing would require...  even if they limited it to 10 active chat  it would be an improvement. (50 at some time frames might be pretty much the whole population of a gender at this point)

I think 10 would work if the chat box expanded...and fit nicely horizontal or vertical (Don't think I have seen a vertical application used yet... since most chat boxes tend to be longer horizontally when collapsed.

However the capacity to create a private "group channel"  ... a function that Red light has... for multi chat with specific groups , would be the feature I would want (yeah I know I mentioned it before... but I do like that function). HB that would serve in lieu of the "guild channel"...

Creation of those channels show as a normal chat option on the lower  horizontal bar.

FateInfinity

« #29 : March 08, 2012, 01:47:38 PM »

Group chat in the "other" game was called conferences and yes it can be useful. I is funny to talk all together with all my friends. I think this idea is good too.
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: