*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Why does AChat moderate some profile messages?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Why does AChat moderate some profile messages?  ( 5330 )
doc1
: 2

« : May 05, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »

AS i browse users, sometimes i see the simeple message "I Love AChat". Now that i know, i realize thats what Achat shows when they moderate a users real message. The user posts a message like "Hi, I have pics for A$, contact me" and achat censors it to "I Love AChat" without letting the user know.

I always message them and explain, and they are able to fix it to work. What a pain iin the ass just because some developer thiinks this is a good feature. Cummon people, this is an ADULT site. If you want to moderate something, at least tell the user you did.

Doc
Sandra88
: 52

Life is good :)

« #1 : May 05, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »

Sounds weird anyways...AChat lose money that way...let ppl do their thing.
Well I havent any pics for sale...had a bad expiriance by share some (got crappy pics back)...So I'll  pass if ppl ask for sharing.

@Doc1    Yep..its Adult game Im told ;)

There is notting to be afraid of.
Virtuel reality will rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body.
You be allright...I promise......just concentrate.....
Adera
: 3047

« #2 : May 05, 2011, 02:24:32 PM »

I'd say its a try to stop a little of the whoring that is going on. I for one don't like all the whoring, I don't really see why I would bother selling myself for A$.
TightFit74
: 2415

« #3 : May 05, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »

Welcome Doc,

as far as we can guess, the censoring was introduced to at least dam the whoring. Though it doesn't help much. Unbfortunately the A-team is not very big on communicating with the community. I can give you a list of examples (my favorite being the arrival and disappearance of the general chat function) For instance, every self-respecting game has a nerwsletter, anouncing coming features, updates, etc. This game doesn't. That alone baffles me really. I'd like to get a preview of the coming update, and when it is coming. Instead of being surprised by the update bar suddenly appearing, with a surprise release. Why not flaunt with the newest creation?
Sorry, am in a venting mood today appareantly. Just want this game to grow up and  become better.

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
apollo13nut
: 262

« #4 : May 05, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »

There have been threads about this in the past. If you want to read what they really wrote without asking them, do a search and click on their picture. It will show their unedited post instead of "I Love AChat"....it's tedious, but I find it easier than having people call me names for saying their banner doesn't show up correctly (and some do get down right nasty).
Bear
: 3856

« #5 : May 05, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »

Vent away Tight,... they could use your insight.

I've noticed a significant drop of players in my time period. The fact that a few of my playmates have totally disappeared and moved on makes me ponder the value of continuing...

I tend attribute the drop from the development teams inability to catch the potential here. Though recent poses have shown remarkable improvements,..the basics ie: clothing options they continually roll out are lacking.  Here again, if more women spoke up and voiced the disapproval perhaps they would listen,... I know I am not enough of a metro  man to like what they have offered.

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #6 : May 05, 2011, 04:24:02 PM »

I know I'm not coming back until (unless?) they make it worth my time in FF(F), and I don't even say that in anger. It's just common sense.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
: [1]  
« previous next »
: