*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  More Keyboard, Less Mouse
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: More Keyboard, Less Mouse  ( 12485 )
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« : July 04, 2011, 09:33:24 PM »

Hiyee everyone! My name is Keiko and i'm new to AChat and I am loving it! I've never posted on the forums before and I've tried to read most of the topics that have been discussed so if I'm posting in the wrong place, posting a suggestion that already has been implemented or trying to beat a dead horse, I deeply apologize.

So my suggestion to the Dev Team is that it would be so nice for the avid keyboard users of the game to have the option for complete control over all selections using keyboard shortcuts.

• The general chat area where you can chat to new users would be easier if I had the option to use, for example, "TAB" to bring down the list of user's names that I am currently having a conversation with  and select using the arrow keys instead of clicking multiple times to select the correct user. I get alot of messages and I would like to quickly and easily switch conversations with my fingertips.
  • Now when you're in a private room with another user, instead of clicking the different poses, what if they were numbered? So you could tap a number key to select a pose. Then the different animations within that pose could be done in a similar way.

Those are just a few suggestions I have that might make the game much easier to use for those of us who arn't quick with a mouse. I mean, our fingers are spent most of the time on the keyboard anyway, right?

Thanks for listening and hope to meet all of you sometime on AChat! ^_^ <3

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #1 : July 05, 2011, 06:30:49 AM »

Actually, I REALLY like this idea.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Adera
: 3047

« #2 : July 05, 2011, 07:18:13 AM »

I think some more use of the keyboard could be nice.
lady_kalina
: 32

Try a little tenderness

« #3 : July 05, 2011, 09:47:32 AM »

Excellent idea may be the num pad keyboard could be used for the poses on the right of the screen ... But it could be difficult to chat a lot while using poses .
As i always typing during a room party i don't know how to have shortcuts for all the poses on the left side of screen by using the arrow of the keyboard ? .. But an good idea to explore

See you on Achat !
Bear
: 3856

« #4 : July 05, 2011, 11:07:44 AM »

Well I have to chime in agreement. A very good idea, especially if time is taken to make certain the keystrokes are easy to use one-handed. ;D

apollo13nut
: 262

« #5 : July 05, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »

Well I have to chime in agreement. A very good idea, especially if time is taken to make certain the keystrokes are easy to use one-handed. ;D
Well I knew SOMEONE was gonna say it....just didn't expect it to be you Bear
Bear

« #6 : July 05, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »

After a year and a half I have gotten pretty good typing left handed.. ::)

one comment...I would like caps lock enabled in the room chat...
« : July 05, 2011, 11:42:37 AM Bear »

Ardeur
: 198

Ardeur and ... sitting in a tree, K-I-S-. oh my...

MSN Messenger - mellisardeur@hotmail.com
« #7 : July 05, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »

When you're typing left-handed, the caps-lock key should be within reach, papabear. For reference: on just about all keyboards it's located between the tab and the shift key on the left side of the whole bunch of buttons...   :P :-*

I don't play two sides of the fence, I'm all over it. ;):-*
Bear

« #8 : July 05, 2011, 01:14:20 PM »

Perhaps it is my system, but it is not enabled (though I have had others remark the same of problems with the cap lock)...I have to use the Shift key...

Adera

« #9 : July 05, 2011, 03:47:03 PM »

It wont help when both hands are busy... which is quite often for me. ::)
Keiko

« #10 : July 05, 2011, 04:31:57 PM »

I never realized how many one-handed people use AChat  :P

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #11 : July 05, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »

Heck with AChat, I have to say it's nice to see another anime fan on the Forum.  ;)

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Keiko

« #12 : July 05, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »

@Janine Dee Tehehe, yes. Otaku and proud!  ;D

lady_kalina
: 32

Try a little tenderness

« #13 : July 06, 2011, 01:59:03 AM »

It wont help when both hands are busy... which is quite often for me. ::)
@adera
Try the "nose-typing" it's an old ancestral technology , a little bit hard to use at the begining but i'm sure you will enjoy  ;D
If you have glasses use adhesive to fix it on your head !

ps: ah i forget there is some hoods for nose-typing beginner !

Adera

« #14 : July 06, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »

Oh I don't know about nose typing... would be neat if I could type with my feet though. :D
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: