*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  a block for surtain ages
« previous next »
: [1]
: a block for surtain ages  ( 7137 )
Cats
: 36

purrrrr me hazz fun

« : August 17, 2011, 01:55:38 AM »

i was thinking  i got a limmit bout with who i would go in a room .

lets say it a bottom limmit and well also a top limmit is it possible to make a block for them so they cant  make contact then i don't have to be rude .
or not reply at all.

it would be nice if we can put ages  in our status who can contact us and who kant.

im 38 and well i don't want  those schoolboys who could be my own kid .

but tht is my thought i kno some would jump the occasion  but then we could say  yea ppl between uhm lets say  30 and  46 can contact me others can't
or 18 till ... 34

i kno we got it in the search but that only narrows it down for us and we can still get invites often cold ones from ppl who are younger and so on

life is simple u have to make choises  and dont look back
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #1 : August 17, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »

Cats dear, I'm 24 and I like to think fairly worthwhile, by the same token I've been with women into their 40's who were worthless in a room.

So while I get what you are saying I will just reply that I have yet to hear of a single reasonable filter to determine if a specific person is a worthwhile lover other then interacting with them.

I'm gay and I've met women here (who COULD have been men, but were just as likely unimaginative women) who were a waste of my time, while I also have male friends who if I were inclined to have sex with guys I would have them right on top of my... ummm to do list.  ;)

It really is all about the individual.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Cats

purrrrr me hazz fun

« #2 : August 17, 2011, 09:05:07 AM »

oh yea i do understand and respect others and it isnt bout the preformance of the person i might be a bit well weird in it but i don't want to young ppl i got it posted  also under 30 = no chance so don't even try

but the most don't read or maybe can't read i don't know

but then i got the same with the poor kids i say kids cos most of them are still teens or early 20 who come with want to see my real cock and that bs.

i don't give them a responce but it is annoying like wtf if they are so intresting ...
yea if they can work it it is nice but....

overal it is annoying and i think there are more ppl like me who want to keep it close to there own age and so on so some sort of filter would be nice

Janine Dee

« #3 : August 18, 2011, 12:58:43 AM »

Oh, well as far as the profile. I have gay in mine and I still get guys sending cold invites.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Cats

purrrrr me hazz fun

« #4 : August 18, 2011, 01:57:01 AM »

that is can be anoying yea i know that but what if u could well block them i dont mean chat but the invites that would be a good thing isnt it

Janine Dee

« #5 : August 18, 2011, 10:31:39 AM »

I think the fear might be that if the blocks got TOO prevalent people would start leaving because they have even less chance of finding partners. At least our going theory on here is that they want you in the list as visible as possible as soon as possible so AChat looks as busy as possible. We figure it helps AChat look more appealing to those considering joining.
« : August 18, 2011, 10:34:10 AM Janine Dee »

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

TightFit74
: 2415

« #6 : August 22, 2011, 04:19:58 AM »

@Janine

actually the dev-team has admitted to that, as well as admitting that gifting was instigated to lure more girls to the game. As the bulk of members in any sex game are men, and it is men who spend the bulk of moeny in the sex-industrie, they are the ones they want to bring in to generate an income.
Giving members too much influence on blocking people will make it harder to get in touch. Guys will find it more difficult to approach a girl if their chat invites (or colds) are denied based on age or other filters. It all (should) start(s) with a welcome..

I have to agree with Janine that age doesn't say much about hoow an individual will act in a room. I have friends ranging in age between 18 and well in their forties, and as being selective they remained friends because we have something tooffer to eachother. It is always a matter of trial and error when meeting someone.

I hardly ever room the first time I meet someone. I chat, probe borders and boundries and try to find out what drives the other. At the same time, I express my wishes and expectations for a meeting, to get it as clear as possible. If the other person doesn't connect to those wishes, then I hope to have had a nice chat, say goodbye politely and move on.

I know how girls can be drowned in cold invites and chat requests and at some points I am not proud of being a male, as others are insolent and rude beyond belief. The difference between girls and guys is volume. I have met too many girls who are/were as rude as some guys can be.

I don't see any changes to happen until the community is large enough to offer everyoone to have ample choice with partners. UNless the game gets as big as sl for instance, the search options will remain the same.

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Unhealer
: 560

MSN Messenger - the.versifier@gmail.com
« #7 : August 22, 2011, 08:25:27 AM »

Cats dear, I'm 24 and I like to think fairly worthwhile, by the same token I've been with women into their 40's who were worthless in a room.

So while I get what you are saying I will just reply that I have yet to hear of a single reasonable filter to determine if a specific person is a worthwhile lover other then interacting with them.

I'm gay and I've met women here (who COULD have been men, but were just as likely unimaginative women) who were a waste of my time, while I also have male friends who if I were inclined to have sex with guys I would have them right on top of my... ummm to do list.  ;)

It really is all about the individual.
you totally didnt mention all the men pretending to be women who are good in the rooms. I did that once and then told the chick after and she flipped out lol
Bear
: 3856

« #8 : August 29, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »

Well I had a friend who was disgusted by the number of older gents posting they were in their mid 30's but in reality were in their 40's and 50's.  Seems to me if that unless you are hooking up on RT visual, you ought to just be looking for partners who can give you the experience you want regardless of the age. Being "99" I figure I am out of the cap for any who think age matters in the virtual word play world. But I have had some dynamite partners in their teens, with whom age wasn't the issue it was the quality of play that mattered.

alstott
: 635

« #9 : August 29, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »

well said Bear...that's it...all what matters is the quality of play...of course i understand when someone say i don't wanna young guns who only wanna have a quick fuck or whatever but i always have a conversation before i went to room so i know what i'm going to do...age in my case doesn't matter so long they're not telling me they're young.

there`s  no right or wrong....just the consequences of your actions
: [1]  
« previous next »
: