*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Adding emotes.
« previous next »
: [1]
: Adding emotes.  ( 3439 )
Avalucia
: 36

Do you think me wicked?

« : September 01, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »

Some online games, namely the less-erotic MMORPGs, have an emote feature to say what a character thinks and feels or acts. This I think could add a great deal to the interactions as the animations in game for various things are fairly limited, and this opens up a whole extra dimension.

Instead of it being something like:
Avalucia: Where have your clothes gone?!
Man: They just sort of fell off when they saw you. lol

It could be more:
Avalucia gasps in alarm
Avalucia says, "where have your clothes gone?!"
Man rubs his stiffening member
Man says, "they just sort of fell off when they saw you."
Man laughs.

If you get my meaning. I don't think it would be that hard to implement, but then I am not a programmer. I just believe it could add so much more without a lot of work.

Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #1 : September 01, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Avalucia! I think I know exactly what you're talking about and it should be simple enough to add into the game. No doubt it will visually separate speech from actions and it will be much more appealing to read.

Like Ava's example, right now this is what you see:
Avalucia to Man: Where have your clothes gone?!
Man: They just sort of fell off when they saw you. lol

Maybe with a simple key command, you could type this:
:gasps in alarm

And in the chat window it would appear:
Avalucia gasps in alarm

It would look much better than:
Avalucia to Man: gasps in alarm

Could anything be more simple than that?  ;D Oh, and I would also like to suggest the option to export a chat session with a partner to a file like maybe a .txt file? Some of my experiences were so exciting and arousing that I wish I could go back and re-read everything again. It would also be useful as a reference if reporting a user for abuse or inappropriate conduct.
« : September 01, 2011, 09:15:50 PM Keiko »

Adera
: 3047

« #2 : September 02, 2011, 12:28:08 AM »

Some chatting programs use /me for this kind of stuff.

As it is now I use ** for this or if me and the other person is really into RP:ing those things are just written normaly, what we say with "" and things outside the play inside ().
Avalucia
: 36

Do you think me wicked?

« #3 : September 02, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »

Thank you for the welcome, Keiko!

Normally would just use the triangle brackets for emotes    <jumps up and down>   but while that does get the message across, it just isn't as immersive. Star Wars Galaxies did emotes beautifully, and it was just very simply done.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: