*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  alternative background music.
« previous next »
: [1]
: alternative background music.  ( 6830 )
maggiemay
: 11

« : September 15, 2011, 08:06:06 AM »

I love anything which sounds like Enigma - THE music to make love  to, but just some variations on what we have. xx
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #1 : September 15, 2011, 09:08:09 AM »

It's actually pretty easy to change the music playlist to your own if you already have mp3s of your music. All the music files are .ogg files. If you google, "convert mp3 to ogg" then you should find a pretty handy online converter. Once you have the .ogg files, find the AChat folder on your computer, locate the music folder and just replace the existing .ogg files with your own.

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #2 : September 15, 2011, 09:13:57 AM »

a little quest, keiko: have i rename the new file, or i can just put it in the folder!?

TightFit74
: 2415

« #3 : September 15, 2011, 10:20:01 AM »

ms Keiko, you are wonderful! What an excellent hint! This would improve achat a lot, since I don't listen to the boring music they have in the room. And no breaches of rights (unless you downloaded illegally ;) ). Thanks!!

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Keiko

« #4 : September 15, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »

a little quest, keiko: have i rename the new file, or i can just put it in the folder!?

I don't have access to the directory folder at this moment so I'm not sure how accurate my instructions will be, but if I remember correctly, there should be a .txt document of some type among the .ogg files. Open that document and you should find a playlist listing of every file in order that they will play in the game. As long as the files in the folder match the playlist in the document, they should work.

The simple way to do it would be just to overwrite the existing file with your music file but keep the name the same. I hope this helps :)

Unhealer
: 560

MSN Messenger - the.versifier@gmail.com
« #5 : September 15, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »

lets all hack the game now muhaha... j/k.... or am i? pfff i dont care
TightFit74

« #6 : September 15, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »

I tried it and it works. My advice is to overwrite the existing file with the one of your choice. Editing the playlist resulted for me re-installing the game. At least make a back up of the original folder before you make any changes (I didn't *chuckles*)

Adera
: 3047

« #7 : September 15, 2011, 03:05:47 PM »

I play my music in an external music player... far easier that way. :)
strat
: 55

« #8 : September 16, 2011, 04:19:39 AM »

Well Thanks Adera, your solution is the best and easier way, lol. play whatever you want, whenever you want and as many different as you want...and changeable in one second...
I am doing the same.
TightFit74

« #9 : September 16, 2011, 08:33:21 AM »

well, my little old trusted pc gets very confused and extremely slow if I have another program running that is actively processing data.. This way the game doesn't lag fofr me anymore... Now if we could share our own playlist.... So my partner joining my room would hear the music I have chosen...

Keiko

« #10 : September 16, 2011, 09:04:15 AM »

Yes! I would make my lover listen to Benny Hill's Yackity Sax.   :P

: [1]  
« previous next »
: