*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Busy combined with auto-logoff
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Busy combined with auto-logoff  ( 9740 )
Lover
: 10350

« : January 21, 2012, 06:39:47 AM »

I know we talked about this in several threads before. So my idea isn't really new, but summarized and put together in one new topic.

What about a "busy-button" that shows you aren't able to chat at the moment. It should be automatic shown when you're changing clothes and you also can activate this when you're afk for some time.

But, as I see a danger with this button, an auto-logoff should be implemented. If you don't really change your ava or use the search (scrolling the lists) or don't start/answer a chat in between e.g. one hour, you are logged off from the system.
Sometimes it seems to me, people are away for one day but still shown online.

Next idea:
A message window as we've got with additional buttons: "Send message to all lovers", "to all friends", "to all spouse" (I know some of you have more than one ;) ) and "to everyone in your lists"

It also would be nice to have the option "Show messages with this person"

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #1 : January 21, 2012, 11:03:35 AM »

All are great ideas, but I will continue the cry for the "Busy" function. Especially since we all have had times when were logging in to say change a banner or an outfit, and our time is limited, but we end up juggling cold invites, which are invariably followed by them trying to talk AFTER getting you into a room.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
TightFit74
: 2415

« #2 : January 21, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »

I absolutely urge the dev-team to implement a busy-button, sign. Something to close yourself off from the main podium. It has been requested multiple times and the support has always been great.

I do have a but, which is small and a matter of choice. I know that some people like to spend the night together in a room, so that when they wake up in rl, their partner is still there.. It is a romantic gesture so auto-log off should not be implemented when rooming. For all other sinatnces, auto log off should work and be combined with the busy-button..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
sexilicious
: 2755

« #3 : January 21, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »

yeah it would be nice to have a busy button but would the busy button basically say you are busy?? I know from personal experience with people through different works and that that people just don't read lol. I know sometimes i might do a rp or maybe a lengthy chat with someone outside of the room and don't want to be bugged as much especially from the ppl who just are doing the "hi let's fuck"

Adera
: 3047

« #4 : January 21, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »

All of it would be nice though the ones putting themselves on busy should be sorted after the ones who are available when searching who's online.
medjai
: 415

« #5 : January 21, 2012, 07:05:20 PM »

That's a really good idea Adera or it would be nice if we could decide to show busy to everyone or just friends/lovers/spouse
Lover
: 10350

« #6 : January 22, 2012, 04:57:38 AM »

Adera, medjai... good idea and it's already next step using it.

Tight, your but is ok. For me it's unique - if you're in room there's no need for an auto-logoff.

Sexi, I'm not sure if we talk about the same. If you use the busy-button other don't have to read. They get the sign when they try to chat or invite you.
I also do it - sometimes starting a long rp outside the room... also I still went into room with someone just to chat, cause there have been to much disorders outside.

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #7 : January 22, 2012, 07:25:40 AM »

the "busy" button can work really similar to the offline pop up, but whitout giving the chance to send you message.

Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #8 : January 22, 2012, 01:21:05 PM »

Something like this?

TightFit74

« #9 : January 22, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »

mhm, something like that..

I agree that busy should be optional. Approachable for lovers/spouses/friends but not for the general public, and busy to all. Though it would be nice to be able to send messages fro your position as busy, and receive them from the one you are sending them too. So have one channel open and all others closed.

Bear
: 3856

« #10 : January 22, 2012, 02:28:07 PM »

I see a button like this useful when in wardrobe, or message answering,..

Not for the need of private 1-1 chat, that is what a room is for.

The concept I think the developers want here is accessibility ... what is proposed has with screening capabilities. has likelihood of creating a cliquish society, and that is not good for the health and growth of AChat.

Yes, we all would like to reduce some of the nonsense, but I know of  no social  program which will limit others from engaging a stranger in a common meeting area.

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #11 : January 22, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »

I agree that too much screening would be bad, but Keiko's "In Wardrobe" would be wonderful, because even the nicest of people wouldn't be able to know you are in Character Editor unless you tell them, and this would be a way to tell them that would make you split your attention, and as long as no one could talk to you while you are in wardrobe you wouldn't get people hiding in there to avoid talking to strangers.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
TightFit74

« #12 : January 24, 2012, 02:44:27 AM »

Bear, the point is being in that common meeting area as soon as you log in. It's not a matter of restricting or screening, but a matter of reparing yourself to go into the meeting area.

For that the button would wrok perfectly. But imo, anyone should be able to use the button as they seem fit. Even if only online to do a stripshow, try out new poses or answering messages.

Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #13 : January 24, 2012, 08:03:47 AM »

if they do a thing like this , it will be nice to have the possibility to activate it when we want , and not only when we are in the wardrobe . Sometimes , some discutions are really important , and its always at this moment that a flood of messages come  ;D

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #14 : January 24, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »

for that, you can use the room, Rukyia.......sometimes it help a lot.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: