*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Busy State
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: What do you think of the new busy states?
Great, I've been wanting this for a long time.   -9 (40.9%)
It's nice.   -8 (36.4%)
I don't care.   -0 (0%)
I don't like it (please specify why in a post).   -5 (22.7%)
: 21

: Busy State  ( 27261 )
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #30 : February 09, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »

It would be helpful to add an option to type your own personalized away message that replies automatically when you receive a message just like the default one. That way when friends try to get my attention, they know why I am busy and how long it may take me to get back.

Adera
: 3047

« #31 : February 09, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »

Maybe a cute Japanese smiley that says I'm busy in some way? I like Japanese smiley's, they are more expressive... though I don't bother writing them since they are kinda elaborate.

Something like this would be fun to have: ~(>o<")~... Sorry, busy
Keiko
: 316

Independent Fashion Designer

« #32 : February 09, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »

Kaomoji aka Japanese emotes. ヾ(*´∇`)ノ

bluedenim
: 3007

« #33 : February 09, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »

I have to say, I have used it and I like it.

It saves having to go into a room just to have a conversation with someone.

:)

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
Adera

« #34 : February 12, 2012, 04:24:54 AM »

Dancing in sheer clothing can excite though. ;)
Urban
: 329

« #35 : February 12, 2012, 06:48:43 PM »

the main drawback of the actual busy state it is we cannot filter message or invite independently :x
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #36 : February 13, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »

I personally think that's deliberate to keep us from abusing it.

I see it like the development team addressing things like wanting to character edit in peace, but not wanting to let us totally avoid the wider lists, and only talk to people we already know. As a chat program they need people chatting.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Adera

« #37 : February 13, 2012, 07:16:41 AM »

Your probably right Janine and I wouldn't have met a lot of wonderful people if I hadn't received their messages. :)
Pafe
: 548

« #38 : February 13, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »

Hiya's...

I voted for "I don't like it".  But I'm not sure if that's the right response.  When I first started on AChat, I started as a free user.  I was a free user for a couple of days in fact, and I would ask questions of the people here that I thought were Subscribers.  I would ask about the advantages of being premium, and the options that I would have.  Most were very helpful and kind, a few didn't answer and one told me to get lost.  My point is that if this option were available then, and everyone or almost everyone was blocking the free user, I would have thought it was a bunch of snobs and not have signed up as a paying member.  But... I too would like to block the cold invites, and those seem to come more from the free users than the premiums.  So I'm stll kind of torn on the issue.

My friend Sat makes a valid point about the free users, though.  She says that registering for free all you have to do is check the box for over 18 without proof of age, which makes it easier for someone too young to use the system.  Her point is that she feels safer that way by only rooming with premium members who are paying in some way and she figures that they're probably over 18 then.  I don't know if I made any sense in trying to articulate what she's thinking, and I'd love for her to get her butt in the Forum and write it herself.  :D  Hopefully I did.

I also think everyone who has posted on this have made valid points on the Busy State...   Let's hope this is just a start, and they will make some more improvements to it.

Thanks for letting me share,
Pafe 

TightFit74
: 2415

« #39 : February 13, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »

Pafe,

you have asked me question in game as well and have always been polite when doing so. I think that makes the difference. If everyone would keep to some form of decorum, I think the whole busy state would only be needed to be applied when changing clothes or banners.

The reasoning of Sat is not completely valid though. It doesn't work for female/shemale avatars. They can be gifted and acquite a subscription that way..I do think that if there is someone young, they are a free user...

I didn't vote because for the impementation is not completed yet..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #40 : February 13, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »

a good compromise will be that the option blocking free users , block only the invits and not the chat . its not hard to follow a discution even if we are submerged by many HI, hi there , fuck me , do you like bic cocks .... ect , ect  ;D

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #41 : February 14, 2012, 02:25:31 AM »

Agree.....and it will be perfect to have it for the invite of premium too. there are days when i just wanna chat and no matter if an invite come from free or premium member.

Lover
: 10350

« #42 : February 14, 2012, 04:49:37 AM »

Sat is right when she is talking about male avas, which definitely are majority and also are sending more cold invites. So you also are right Tight, when you explain about the fem/shem avas.
I also am sure many men first try to be free user. They have to right to prove and to see if it's worth to buy a subscription. At least they get very much for nothing if they are polite and use the right words ;)

Just wanna add my thoughts to this tool:
We asked for it and now we have it. Either our ask wasn't unique enough or it's still in testing mode. And at least I also think, some of our wishes are hard to do, because of technical issues.
I'm sure, the A-Team will read carefully and also wait some time how it's working before they change or even cancel it.
That doesn't mean you should stop posting your ideas and wishes here. I just wanna say, give them some time. Though I also wish, like said in othere threads, a bit more communication of the A-Team would be helpful. Especially as we have Suzy.

bluedenim
: 3007

« #43 : February 14, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »

I agree and i was being selfish saying that I liked the ability to "ignore" free users, the idea of just ignoring cold invites does sound a lot better. I have one free friend who's been on for months despite my best efforts to gt him to convert to premium.

I love to be dominated, my mission is to serve .
Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #44 : February 14, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »

i have many free friends to and i dont want let them away , and anyway , i never asked this button lol  ;D so i'll not use it  ;D

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: