*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Should AChat have mentors?
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Should AChat have mentors?
Yes, definitely   -8 (34.8%)
No, why?   -10 (43.5%)
I don't care   -5 (21.7%)
: 23

: Should AChat have mentors?  ( 19179 )
Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #15 : March 23, 2012, 07:38:33 AM »

i dont see why someone who will use her/his mentor account must have so much restrictions . Adera , you say :

- a boring sex uniform . why ? it will be the mentor fonction too to explain how have the clothes in the shop

- cant make spouses , lovers and friends . i agree only with spouses and lovers , but making friends could help the newbee to retrieve this mentor .

- you say not be contactable with their normal account for 48 hours or more in case of talk/room . Again why ? When they will be in their normal account , they will be premiums like others , i dont see why they will be restricted in their friends list .

lover , you say a mentor could be a newbee too , i dont see how . For this , it need that they come read the forum , and i dont know any new member who come or even know that achat have a forum .

i'll change my vote to "dont care" , who is not a yes , but not a no  ;D

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
Adera
: 3047

« #16 : March 23, 2012, 08:51:25 AM »

i dont see why someone who will use her/his mentor account must have so much restrictions . Adera , you say :

- a boring sex uniform . why ? it will be the mentor fonction too to explain how have the clothes in the shop

They don't need to be able to change their own clothing to explain that to someone and there is no reason for the mentors to look sexy, rather the opposite because if they look sexy people will just pester them because they want to have fun with them.

If they have the same clothing they're easily recognized as well.

Mentorship should be seen as an official job where your helping out newbs, not a chance to meet partners.

- cant make spouses , lovers and friends . i agree only with spouses and lovers , but making friends could help the newbee to retrieve this mentor .

While a mentor is working they are doing a job and should concentrate on that, not flirt around with people. If they want to flirt and chat they should just log on with their normal accounts instead.

- you say not be contactable with their normal account for 48 hours or more in case of talk/room . Again why ? When they will be in their normal account , they will be premiums like others , i dont see why they will be restricted in their friends list .

Because they'll be able to abuse the mentor status they have and are able to build up their harem by giving people a false image of authority. If they are genuinely interested in someone they should have to wait before they jump into bed with that person.

Another thing I want to point out is that I think that everyone should be able to be a mentor, but that they should only have access to the poses they have on their premium account... if you want to be a good mentor you better unlock all poses. If mentors have access to everything it will immediately be abused.
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #17 : March 23, 2012, 09:18:35 AM »

Adera, so at last the mentor account its sorta linked whit your normal account!? NO WAY!

Sorry to say, but better if they have some random poses, even if it's not really necessary, cause a mentor don't have to show all the poses to a newbye, just one or two for giving better explanation about selecting pose and option.

mmmhhm, more i read and think, more this story look a little too complex to work all on the shoulders of users like us....mumble mumble.....

Adera
: 3047

« #18 : March 23, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »

The main problem I see is that this can hurt the community more than actually help it. It will probably help new users but if this can be abused it will hurt the other objective which is to keep users... that's why I want the mentorship to be more of burden to the ones who are mentors rather than a benefit or an elevated status.
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #19 : March 23, 2012, 09:43:23 AM »

I agree whit you......being a mentor mustn't be a privilege! and we need the right peoples to do it or at last it will be a total mess and all we gain is peoples worshipping a full idiot and leaving Achat.....mmm, really a good scenario!   >:(

Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #20 : March 23, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »

Ok, Maybe we are all looking to deeply into this -  Maybe Mentor is the wrong name and we just have " Friendly Face"  logo colour coded for the different languages - Bagsy  " Red" for UK lol

And basically volunteer members display it on their profile to show they are willing to assist in explaining

1) Profiles and how they work
2) Forum and what its for
3) Directions to Robot girl and Robot boy to see how poses / actions / exit / room works. Any questions come back.
4) Manners and  etiquette and Hot talk for some lol
5) Any other basic stuff I might have missed :)

Its something I end up doing most days anyway - damm I even started to tell the newbys a red rose is hot on their arm so they have been Brandybee branded lol . Check out the Newby guy  profiles - you'll see mine by the brand lol

Keep it simple Folkes. A coloured smily face or similar logo is much better , less time consuming and if you are playing, tell the newby, you are not available at the moment and to look for another volunteer or to come back in ... when ever time frame is convenient.

Simples :)

I'd volunteer for the above - I do it anyway :) 

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #21 : March 23, 2012, 10:58:56 AM »

I voted No to Mentor but Id vote Yes to a colour coded smiley face or similar  :)

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Bear
: 3856

« #22 : March 23, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »

I have to agree with Blu' I see a huge potential for abuse.  The mentor should be an official designation with a strict code of conduct.
 Official designated, or not at all.

Otherwise just banner your availability to mentor noobs... nothing stops one at this point. However representing oneself as  an "authority" figure should be a bannable  violation. That is opening the door to pandora's box of unscrupulous behavior.

I see no need for additional poses... they can demonstrate the options with the free ones provided. It might be a place where the speed bar and excitement level be available to demonstrate. This would serve as a sample for noobs of the potential for conversion to premium status.

Rukya
: 2891

Paddle Queen

« #23 : March 23, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »

Quote from adera :

Because they'll be able to abuse the mentor status they have and are able to build up their harem

No need to be a mentor to build a harem , have you look the number of lovers i have  ;D . I dont think peoples who will be choosen will be tempted to abuse of their power :)

STOP TO FAVORIZE THE MF ORIENTATION , FF PAY THE SAME PRICE THAN THEM AS ALL OTHERS ORIENTATIONS !!!!
Lover
: 10350

« #24 : March 23, 2012, 01:33:42 PM »

@ Rukya:
over , you say a mentor could be a newbee too , i dont see how
No, I didn't mean newbs can be mentors. I said, most of the questions will come from newbs and some also will come from elder members.

No matter how they could work: There have to be strict rules. There is a danger of abuse - I don't see any people of this forum to abuse it, but if there are mentors you need more then just 5 or 6.

Though one of my ideas was to offer a trial-membership I don't say, free user don't get enough stuff. There has to be a difference between free user and prem members - there won't be any reason to become premium if you get most things for free.
But this is another discussion.

The best would be, all members who brought up this idea (I just took it and made this poll) tell us about their thoughts. What do you mean mentors should be or do? Perhaps we are talking about something completely different...

Pafe
: 548

« #25 : March 24, 2012, 04:30:08 AM »

Hiya's...

I've been reading this for a while now, and I'm ready to put my two cents in, for what it's worth.  I think we're all mentors in our own way, without having to be designated as such.  Lately, since the quick start guides are here, I've been referring people to the Forum to get answers to questions.  Once the "Newbie Guide" is in place, I will refer them directly to that.  I tell them that they do not have to "sign up" to read the Forum, they just won't be able to post anything.  Some have told me that they have used the Forum to get their answers, so it seems to work.  (Others can't be bothered)

Thanks for letting me share,
Pafe

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #26 : March 24, 2012, 05:26:45 AM »

I guess the question becomes... what has lead us to think this is really needed? From what I have seen we're doing rather well with the resources we're providing. I'm thinking it was sort of a brainstorm kind of suggestion that's being explored, but the reception seems... cool at best.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Azrielle
: 262

NSPD - Retired

« #27 : March 24, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »

Once the "Newbie Guide" is in place, I will refer them directly to that.  I tell them that they do not have to "sign up" to read the Forum, they just won't be able to post anything.  Some have told me that they have used the Forum to get their answers, so it seems to work.  (Others can't be bothered)

I guess the question becomes... what has lead us to think this is really needed? From what I have seen we're doing rather well with the resources we're providing. I'm thinking it was sort of a brainstorm kind of suggestion that's being explored, but the reception seems... cool at best.

Personally, I think maintaining the status quo is easier than having some sort of special coding added to the game. Secondly. having some sort of OFFICIAL mentoring program will make AChat into too much similar to other games that are out there. AChat is unique... let's strive to keep it that way.

The Newb Guide is a work in progress and hopefully it will be something that the Dev-Team may consider adding into the game module to help newbs and experienced users alike to remember some of the finer points of the game features... again, it is a work in progress.

Mwah!
Az.

Coming Soon to a Shop Near You! Mwah!
AngelicDream
: 10

« #28 : May 04, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »

Achat is a basic program. Not complex to use at all. The only mentoring that I could see here would be the mentor being like a "pimp". And for me that just is not very appealing. To feel I'm subjecting myself to some man that considers himself a virtual Achat "pimp". So I will unequivocally state no.
TightFit74
: 2415

« #29 : May 08, 2012, 01:37:24 PM »

I can see merit in the idea of mentors when this game has over 500.000 active! users. They advertise they have 500.000 + members, but that is counting all accounts since the start of this program. I think it will serve a purpose when it takes you more as 20 minutes to tet through the profiles. Hoping by that time we have a more refined search filter ;D

I do think it is very important that the guides that are now being compiled, find their way into the download of the game and are sown during or right after installing the game. If the guide would be available through a button in the game itself, like a F1-help function, it would mean even more acessibility to answers. I think 90 out of 100 programs have such an option.

It is about making it easier for all users, but specifically new members. When I started this game, I had to find out everything myself and had the help of some nice free and subscribed members. It took me a few weeks before finding the forum itself and the help button didn't offer much solace.

If in the future mentors are needed, eg when the game becomes big enough, I'd rather see a mentor as a paid employee of achat so there is control over the actions the mentor undertakes in the game. The danger of abuse, mentioned multiple tmes before, is very current.

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: