*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Pasting into the text box from Google Translate
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pasting into the text box from Google Translate  ( 5575 )
Concerto

« : November 03, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »

I like to talk to others in their native language. Obviously I am not fluent in all of them so I use Google translate to help me.

There is a problem at present with using Google Translate in conjunction with Firefox (not with IE)  when copying the translated output and pasting into AChat  it is causing Achat to crash. If you try pasting into Notepad, for example, it doesn't crash but nothing is pasted.

The general problem is known and posted on the Firefox forum and a temporary solution is to maintain holding down the Ctl-C key combination for a couple of seconds until the source text box starts to flash.

Unfortunately, as I said, if you quickly release the Ctl-C, although pasting (Ctl-V) to some applications may only result in nothing being pasted in the case of Achat it crashes.
Lover
: 10350

« #1 : November 03, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »

Thanks for your info.

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #2 : November 03, 2012, 04:51:28 PM »

i had use google translate with achat many times and this had never happend to me.......i am a lucky one, maybe!?  ;)

Concerto

« #3 : November 03, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »

hb I use it all the time too.

As I said/implied...

It is only since the most recent update of Firefox and it doesn't happen with IE (I haven't tested with Chrome but I guess that would work ok too). It is Firefox that is the problem not Google Translate per se.

It (failure to paste or rather failure to copy correctly to the clipboard) is a known problem as per the Firefox forum and, as I said, as well as failing to paste in (or, strictly, failing to copy to) other applications it causes Achat to crash.

It only happens if you marquee select the translated text and Ctl-C to copy releasing the keys immediately. If you delay the release a couple of seconds it works fine.
hentaiboy69

« #4 : November 07, 2012, 03:39:38 AM »

Monday evening i have this problem too......easily solved using explorer with the google translation!   ;)

Concerto

« #5 : November 07, 2012, 04:39:35 AM »

Yes, as I said IE works fine.

I also pointed out that if you hold the Ctl-C keys down long enough (e.g. until the source box flashes) Firefox/Waterfox works fine too.

These are not solutions but workarounds.

The problem is not with Achat except for the fact that, unlike when pasting into other applications, where nothing gets pasted, Achat actually crashes.
hentaiboy69

« #6 : November 07, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »

Yes, as I said IE works fine.

and i can confirm it now!

Concerto

« #7 : November 10, 2012, 05:16:24 AM »

This seems to have been resolved. The implication is that an update of Adobe Flash Player is the solution but I haven't updated mine and everything is working fine now.
Lover
: 10350

« #8 : November 10, 2012, 05:29:17 AM »

After a newstart of firefox it's working now. I also didn't update Flash Player.
« : November 10, 2012, 05:48:53 AM Lover »

: [1]  
« previous next »
: