*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  profile picture
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: profile picture  ( 10052 )
jondas

« #15 : February 28, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »

I extend my due respects to the A-Team

A direct link may not be necessary, just a 'check me out on the forum' would be sufficient. Any 'seriously' interested player would go there.
Lover
: 10350

« #16 : March 01, 2013, 04:05:23 AM »

It's not perfect, but you can advise the forum in your profil as some of us already do.
You can use the banner or some of the profile info fields.

AnnieMay
: 31

« #17 : March 06, 2013, 03:34:16 AM »

Well as I noted in older threads the visual capacity of Achat is completely and currently mod capable, by anyone with time and ability. My only issue is they are using .win files -cringe- over xml templating. Though so much of it is purely visual. That modding it would make for a very nice representation.

As far as extending text and capacity of what is stored. That is currently doable. Thing there is the limits are most likely only software hardcoded, not server side.  I do not suggest doing that however. As Achat may not take kindly to storing more on their servers by a program, than intended. I do know how to do this myself, though I will not. I am willing to expand and help. Not annoy the devs. So I will only give help on how to visually change the client and nothing more.

As far as creating collapsable frames with information , etc. That is actually currently doable. That would require creating events and basic structure in the given .win files. To collapsing and expanding via clicks. To get some samples to examine to doing this. Examine the in-game clothing module, then find its like data in a .win. You could then design containers to placing the data in, and expanding as needed via clicks or mouseover.

In honest truth the devs need to switch to using xml templates. It is far faster than creating .win files and far easier when editing. Why for the great many years xml has been out, why people use it. You could design a xml template in a much shorter time than it would take you to do a comparable .win. And plus its also very easy to re-edit when needed. And xml can embed into other xml for reuse. .win you have to copy the data over etc etc.

As far as creating a linkable profile that would be nice. It may be possible to gather the user # from Achat as it populates data. Thus using this data to create a link to them. Currently this would be potentially doable. Thing here is if anyone wanted to use this feature, they would have to download the modded version that did just that.

As for customized profiles. You can add textures to .win files via .dds. A set of backgrounds, elements, schemes all could be loaded into a folder. Then pulled out when a user customizes their page with it. As far as anything that can be done, this actually is amazingly easy to add. Though with the requirement to save this data and show it to other users. Would need Achat to add it themselves. I played with a mock customization and was able to do one in just a few minutes of .win edits and .dds. So it would take very little time also for Achat to add this in.

Sorry I would comment more often if I could .. I'm an extremely busy girl =). Though had to peek into forums for a sec ^-^
« : March 06, 2013, 03:49:21 AM AnnieMay »
Lover
: 10350

« #18 : March 06, 2013, 03:50:49 AM »

AnnieMay, let's hope in the background they are working on AChat 2.0 using xml-templates.

Hope you can post more often.

jondas

« #19 : March 06, 2013, 05:59:56 AM »

That was a very informative post AnnieMay, thanks

I do hope AChat gods would peek a second as you did and check your ideas out
Kingdustin
: 598

« #20 : March 25, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »

Concerto I love the Idea and the why you presented it. I have given this idea as well but you did lot more with it. I would love to see it added to the game. very nice.

true beauty lies in great friendship =)
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: