*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  version updater.exe
« previous next »
: [1]
: version updater.exe  ( 7104 )
lauren96
: 4

« : December 10, 2013, 12:48:38 AM »

when i went to open achat the updater didnt update at all , so wouldnt open the game. i uninstalled then reinstalled and now it tells me. " an error occured while trying to replace the existing file" deletefile failed code 5. access is denied".

please help  ???
Jensen

« #1 : December 10, 2013, 12:55:57 AM »

1. What version of windows are you using.
2. What antivirus/Firewall are you using? (Security suite such as AVG, Norton, McCaffee, etc.)
3. Have you gone to the default file location and deleted all Achat files? ("C:\Users\===USER PROFILE===\AppData\Local\AChat")

lauren96

« #2 : December 10, 2013, 01:21:10 AM »

i have vista :(
as far as i know just windows stuff
i deleted everything except the version updater , it tells me i need permission to do that :(
lauren96

« #3 : December 10, 2013, 01:45:28 AM »

i got it working now, thanks for the help.
Concerto

« #4 : December 10, 2013, 01:52:56 AM »

Glad you got it working. I think that sort of error occurs because AChat is still actually running, although you can't see it, so Windows won't update the program because it is already in memory and being used. A reboot followed by a re-install would normally resolve that problem. I guess that is probably what you did.
lauren96

« #5 : December 10, 2013, 01:59:31 AM »

ya i just restarted and it fired right up
: [1]  
« previous next »
: