*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Problem taking photo
« previous next »
: [1]
: Problem taking photo  ( 5322 )
Clara
: 2

« : December 22, 2009, 04:38:58 AM »

I seem to have a problem with taking a photo of my avatar. If I click on the "Take photo" icon, the picture under "Your character" changes to "MISSING      CHARACTER EDITOR     PICTURE". Saving and logging out and back in don't do anything either.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Carla
Susanne
: 19

« #1 : December 22, 2009, 04:48:18 AM »

You did log in the game, before taking the photo?
Not only starting the game client, but really logging in before taking the photo?
Clara
: 2

« #2 : December 22, 2009, 04:57:39 AM »

Yes, I logged in, changed what was visible of me in the lighter frame that is visible when hovering over the "Take photo" icon and then took the photo. Instead of the picture "MISSING      CHARACTER EDITOR     PICTURE" is displayed.
Susanne
: 19

« #3 : December 22, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »

I have no idea then, sorry....
tom
Administrator
: 336

« #4 : January 06, 2010, 06:49:57 AM »

What am I doing wrong?

It should actually work... What kind of Windows do you use?

tom
SueCB
: 49

« #5 : September 21, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »

I have a similar issue with AChat on WIndows 7 x64 Home Premium. I use the Take picture button, click to save changes, and I get a black image (not a missing picture image). Outfit changes work just fine, however, and are updated.

I emailed AChat support and they somehow fixed it remotely but without saying what the cause is/was/could be, but since a few patches ago, the problem recurred and I was hoping this time for resolution without having to do the whole support email route.

AChat has been reinstalled (clean) several times, the app and the directories have been given all the privileges they need, so it's not likely a Windows permission thing, a anti-virus thing or the like. I don't know, in a way it's kind of cool having that black box  :D It makes me sort of distinctive (unless maybe somehow they're implying that I'm in the dark and clueless lol).
: [1]  
« previous next »
: