*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Is there a solution for this?(FIXED)
« previous next »
: [1]
: Is there a solution for this?(FIXED)  ( 4852 )
Filtereyez
: 5

« : May 19, 2010, 01:50:24 PM »

So I downloaded the setup and installed and when I launch the program the loading screen comes up and loads all the way up to 100% and then crashes with the dreaded windows error report window. I tried un-installing and re-installing with a new fresh downloaded setup file and still the same problem. I believe my machine far exceeds the requirement to run the software but i will post it's credentials below just in case I', wrong:

System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Media Center Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

Compaq Presario

AMD Athlon 64  Processor 3500+

2.20 GHz , 2.00 GB of Ram

NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

So if anyone has any suggestions I sure would like to here them or try them cause as it stands I can't get the software to get past the loading screen without crashing..........could it possibly be a problem with the softwares compatibility with AMD processors? I know some programs did have a problem with amd's early on but one would thank that should not be a problem these days. Anyway I sure would like to give this software a spin so anyone help please?

in advance, thanks

Filtereyez

« : May 20, 2010, 04:02:32 PM Filtereyez »
bouli

« #1 : May 19, 2010, 03:30:30 PM »

Make sure your graphics drivers and DirectX 9 is up to date. Are other 3D applications and/or games running smoothly?
Filtereyez

« #2 : May 20, 2010, 01:07:49 PM »

Yes all other 3d programs run fine, and I run some pretty intensive graphic programs and games, Directx is up to date but I'm not too sure about my graphics card driver though it has been a while since I updated that so I will go and do that now and see what happens. Thanks for the tips it is very much appreciated :)
Filtereyez

« #3 : May 20, 2010, 03:27:32 PM »

Ok I have updated everything and I still get the error after it loads to 100% so I am at a lost here.........unless someone can give me some new ideas here guess I'll just uninstall and forget about it.

Am I the only one here with this problem?

Thanks for all the help thus far,

Filtereyez

Filtereyez

« #4 : May 20, 2010, 04:04:50 PM »

OK got it fixed......... Just on a whim I tried compatability mode switch. I right clicked the icon and went to properties then compatability and changed it to run in Windows 2000 compat mode and hurray it worked :) Now to play ........

Filtereyez

Lover
: 10350

« #5 : May 23, 2010, 06:07:17 AM »

Hi,
nice that gave us your solution. Maybe this will help other ones, who have the same problem.
And now:

Welcome and have fun :D

: [1]  
« previous next »
: