*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Race Selection
« previous next »
: [1]
: Race Selection  ( 5549 )
Elijah

« : May 30, 2010, 05:17:55 PM »

I've just logged into AChat for the first time and encountered a minor problem.

There is no race selection within character editor and therefore the skin colour you choose becomes your chosen race on your profile. For example, choosing the third skin tone would change your race to 4 and choosing the last skin tone would change your race to 6, etc.

I have searched the forums but found no solution or mention of this problem.

Edit: It isn't that big of a deal but maybe separating your race and skin colour selection would be better.
« : May 30, 2010, 06:09:21 PM Elijah »
bobbler

« #1 : May 30, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »

Originally you could choose to be either black or white and then I think there were maybe 4 skin tones to choose from after that.  When the team decided to give us 8 colors, which color you chose determined your *race*, but why our race is now referred to as a number in some cases has made no sense to me at all.
Elijah

« #2 : May 30, 2010, 06:25:13 PM »

Thanks for replying, bobbler. I was worried this problem was only affecting me but now slightly disappointed there's no obvious workaround.

On a side note. I think it would be better if you could choose from a list of races rather than the current black and white. E.g. Asian, Hispanic, Indian, Caucasian, African-American, etc.
Lover
: 10350

« #3 : May 31, 2010, 04:54:41 AM »

Hi Elijah,

you are right, there is always room for proposals and improvements. So if you have any suggestions publish them here. In this forum you find a topic "Suggestions for a better AChat experience". We user are collecting and discussing ideas on this page. The link:
http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,160.msg3304.html#new (http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,160.msg3304.html#new)

Lover

Elijah

« #4 : May 31, 2010, 06:33:22 AM »

Many thanks Lover.

I have added my suggestion to the thread you highlighted and included a link to this one.
Carli
: 116

« #5 : May 31, 2010, 06:41:00 AM »

Hi Elijah,

Very good point!

I had the same problem myself. I have a fairly dark skin (because I'm a half blood), so I chose the one that fits best, but I'm definitely not black (as it sais in my profile).

Now I get people looking for some "black ass". Let's put aside the fact that I'm not interested in that kind of people at all, I don't have a black ass, and I don't want to, so if I could show that on my profile that would be nice.
« : May 31, 2010, 07:14:09 AM Carli »
Elijah

« #6 : June 01, 2010, 07:26:07 AM »

That's a bummer, Carli (no pun intended).

But a good enough reason to warrant a change.
AZNLoverV
: 97

« #7 : June 09, 2010, 08:39:56 PM »

Yeah, I think they should label the races clearly by name rather than some obscure numbers and have us guess what they are!  Also you should be able to change your race/skin color if the one you originally picked doesn't seem to suit what you wanted your avatar to be.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: