*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Cold Invite OFF Button
« previous next »
: [1]
: Cold Invite OFF Button  ( 7912 )
AZNLoverV
: 97

« : June 11, 2010, 08:39:16 PM »

That's right, I said it here first.  How hard would it be to implement a character editor option with checkbox - automatically reject invites from people that don't have a relationship to you?  That would make things SO much easier don't you think?  And if someone chats with you and you like them, you can just invite them yourselves or make them a friend.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #1 : June 11, 2010, 08:57:05 PM »

I wouldn't mind it, but I can't see it coming any time soon. If they wanted to do something about cold invites they would have. I think it's a low priority issue for them, and I wonder if it's because they worry slowing the flow of invites might make AChat seem less inviting to new members.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
sinnnn
: 1379

« #2 : June 12, 2010, 12:25:35 AM »

I laugh at cold invites, HAHAHA. 
That said I like your idea.  Cold invites don't bother me as much as the same cold invites over an over again.  Really if I didn't answer the first time you think you can make me go in a room with you by sending me 6 or more invites, DUH.  The other thing that annoys me slightly is the semi cold invites, where the person sends you a HI then a invite.  You want me in a room a HI just againt going to cut it.  I'd enjoy that button. 

But since it is a button we can turn on an off I can't see how it can slow anything down.  Ppl who want just want sex don't have to use the buttons and they can get all the cold invites they want.  And I can devote(hey spell checker, check this ;D) all my free time to a sexy someone ;).
apollo13nut
: 262

« #3 : June 12, 2010, 01:16:42 AM »

I'm torn on the idea......on the days I want just to play, cold invites help. On days I want to talk, the button may be helpful.

And as mentioned, the semi-cold "hi' then invite before response is annoying, but hey, there is the ignore button.

Personally, for the people that have enough of an issue with it usually ignore these people anyway.
sinnnn
: 1379

« #4 : June 12, 2010, 01:51:29 AM »

True.  But sometime it'd be nice to use the ignore on the nasty ppl, an use the button on the ones that just do cold invites.  Somethings are annoying but I don't think they deserve the ignore button.
bobbler

« #5 : June 12, 2010, 07:45:50 AM »

I've said this before and I'll say it again, putting a person on ignore for one cold invite is ludicrous.  I get the cold invites too, not as much as the girls I'm sure, but it doesn't bother me at all...unless I get 3 or 4 from the same person, then I will use the ignore button.  Or if they spam the chat box I use ignore.  But  a lot of times cold invites are from people just starting to play the game for the first time.  Have a little p-a-t-i-e-n-c-e people  ;)
AZNLoverV

« #6 : June 12, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »

I think the cold invite off button would mainly be used to filter out the invite spammers so you wouldn't have to resort to the ignore button.  Just a thought.  It couldn't be that hard to implement and it would be very convenient.  PLUS you can turn it on or off, so it's optional.
Janine Dee

« #7 : June 12, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »

I have to again vote for the gender invite filters. While I'm willing to talk to guys their invites are a waste of both of our time. I know there are many hetero guys who would also love to filter out invites from men.

It's almost TOO Much like real dating to have to fend off guys who can't grasp I have no desire to have sex with them.

I still get some cold invites from girls, but the percentage is WAY lower.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

bobbler

« #8 : June 12, 2010, 12:04:16 PM »

janine, i proposed gender filters a looooooong time ago and they have yet to be implemented.  maybe one day...?
Janine Dee

« #9 : June 12, 2010, 01:46:46 PM »

Let us hope. Again though I just wonder if they want to keep the "image" of a large group of people open to everything.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Lover
: 10350

« #10 : June 13, 2010, 03:43:12 AM »

I am sure, a filter is a very easy job to do. As they don't have done this yet I think they (A-Team) do not want it. There are some questions I have, some easy things to do and they don't do it. For example, new clothes for us all, gifting for men...
It seems they are not interested in this. Maybe it's against their values? Against their idea of business?

Butt_LegGirl
: 16

« #11 : June 13, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

I not the programmer, but I think, the program will not distinguish Cold invite from the usual invitation. cause they are activated by one button. Cold invite is possible to regard as the impolite ratio to other person, if he/she against the similar ratio, or as an everyday occurrence for other person . And to reduce all to that prompts can be accepted only from friends/lovers/spouses extremely silly

Be polite, cause ignor list does not doze)))
P.S. sorry for my english, Its foreign language for me
Janine Dee

« #12 : June 13, 2010, 02:43:53 PM »

Do not worry about language barriers honey. Far too many of us native speakers stumble over it from time to time.  ;) So there is nothing to apologize for.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

AZNLoverV

« #13 : June 13, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »

The way I suggest it work is, when you would receive an invite, the achat program checks to see if that person has a relationship with you (friend/lover/spouse).  If your cold invite button is off and there is no relationship between you too, the invite is automatically declined by the system and you never even find out about it.  It would take the hassle away by just filling in a checkbox.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: