*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Ignore/Block button?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Ignore/Block button?  ( 17647 )
tom
Administrator
: 336

« #15 : August 19, 2009, 07:02:16 AM »

Hi,

one possible ignore/block solution would look like this:

- On the screen of partner search result there were another button (next to the 'invite' and 'send message' buttons): the ignore/block button.
- If you press the ignore/block button, the selected person will be ignored, and gets only automatic system response, if sends personal message or invitation.
- The ignore state of the selected person will be displayed on the screen, and the ignore state can be canceled with the same ignore/block button.

That would be the basic functionality.

Additional features:

- Ignore/block button in the chat window, to be able to put on the ignore list the sender of actual messages.
- 'List of ignored persons' icon, which could list all ignored persons in a separated window, and clicking an item could display the selected character in the search result window, where the ignore state could be canceled.

That is not only an opinion, that is a development plan, which one I would like to share with you.

The carma system would work independently of this ignore/block feature, and also the A$ balance will not be effected by this system.

Regards,
tom
LessonInSexy
: 20

« #16 : August 19, 2009, 10:15:38 AM »

Thank you Tom, that sounds great  :D.  I also hope it stops the person from sending multiple invites as well.
« : August 19, 2009, 10:17:22 AM LessonInSexy »
bobbler

« #17 : August 19, 2009, 06:11:29 PM »

Hey Tom,

All of that sounds good to me.  Would the "automatic system response" tell the user that he/she has been put on the sendee's ignore list...or some message to that effect?  & I see that system would work for sending personal messages, too.  Cool.

It does sound like the windows will be getting a bit busy, though...

How soon before these features will be implemented?
Nicoquin
: 159

« #18 : August 20, 2009, 08:08:55 AM »

Hi Tom,

that sounds really great !
Thank you for thé excellent work and for sharing the developpment roadmap.

Nicoquin, happy premium

Nicoquin, happy premium user and husband of Friskette
AChat is for fun, not for business !!!
go to hell, you A$ seekers
Rab
Administrator
: 111

« #19 : August 27, 2009, 02:05:25 PM »

The ignore list function will be available in a day or two, we see how important it is.
LessonInSexy

« #20 : August 28, 2009, 06:23:54 AM »

The ignore list function will be available in a day or two, we see how important it is.

I can't wait Rab  :D
tom
Administrator
: 336

« #21 : August 31, 2009, 06:31:48 AM »

And there it is...  ;D

http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,194.0.html

Regards,
tom
LessonInSexy

« #22 : August 31, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »

:-*
It's working great thanks guys.
bobbler

« #23 : June 20, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »

for those of you who are unaware of this (probably 99% of you), LIS was the one to really *push* to get the ignore button implemented, along with a few others of us who got on the bandwagon  ;)
« : June 20, 2010, 07:30:06 PM bobbler »
sinnnn
: 1379

« #24 : June 20, 2010, 08:10:02 PM »

I love the ignore/block button.  I don't try to be rude but when I do break down an say Hi, I'll explain that I am busy an I just wanted to return their greeting.  Then the greeting turns into an invite after I already told them I am busy.  When I explain again that I am busy, they ask,"How bout later?"  Their definition of late is 5mins later.  Or they will keep trying to chat when I already told them I am chatting with someone else.  They make being rude an ignoring greetins look so good.  I had one lady that sent me six invites after I told her no, an declined every1.  I have even received some nasty little comments when I turned down some offers.  I love the ignore button, it brings back the fun for me.  If it wasn't for that, the constant cold invites, insults, an harrassments would have made me leave.  This is suppose to be fun.

Now as for the Karma system I have one little problem with that.  You have some ppl who can be vendictive when their invites are declined or mad because their greeting was not returned.  If you are going to do something like that, I think the accused should be able to have a right to defend themselves.  I pay real money for my A$ an I would be really ticked off because my A$ was reduced by some vendictive immature little minded person, to the point where I would come back to Achat. 

thanks again for the button. ;D
apollo13nut
: 262

« #25 : June 22, 2010, 01:45:41 AM »

I signed up for AChat back in March 2010 and the ignore/block feature was already there, so I don't see why it needs to be re-requested....
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #26 : June 22, 2010, 04:43:26 AM »

I don't think this was so much re-requesting, but more talking about it, and about the related Karma feature that was being suggested in and around the same time.

I will also say that the Karma System has too much potential for abuse.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
bobbler

« #27 : June 22, 2010, 01:53:21 PM »

yes janine you're right.  i only brought the thread up again for a little history...not to re-request it???
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: