*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Character Updates Not Saving
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Character Updates Not Saving  ( 12276 )
Manny_Avatar
: 12

« : June 22, 2010, 03:47:34 AM »

Dear Admins and computer boffins... 

I am unable to save changes to my profile since the last update. 

I am running Win Vista 32 bit, no UAC, program is run as admin. 

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received. 

Manny
Lover
: 10350

« #1 : June 22, 2010, 11:49:11 AM »

What are you not able to do? Are you not able to use the button (not active) or don't you see your changes?

Manny_Avatar

« #2 : June 22, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »

I make some changes...  and then click save. 

I get the two yellow arrows like it is saving....  and it never stops.  I am unable to enter chat room while it is "working".  I have to logout and in again. 

I have good ADSL connection, and fast enough system.  Think it is just a bug... 
Let me know if u need more info. 
Lover

« #3 : June 22, 2010, 10:36:06 PM »

Just to be sure, do you take a photograph after you change settings and before you click "save"?
Your client hangs after saving? How do you logout? Do you use shortcuts or dou you close it by using the buttons? Did you change more then 1 things? At last try to reinstall the client, almost this is the best way.
Good luck

Manny_Avatar

« #4 : June 23, 2010, 08:17:43 AM »

Have just done a re-install. 
Problem is still occurring.  If I take a picture the picture saves and when I view my own profile (not character edit screen) the new picture shows. 
I have tried various combinations of changing one thing or the other but no positive result. 
I only operate by buttons in the top ribbon.  Didn't know there were any shortcuts... 
Lover

« #5 : June 23, 2010, 08:42:04 AM »

Sorry, there are no shortcuts (I don't know if there are). I meant, do you use the the buttons or is the client hanging up and you have to use STRG+ Alt + Del   (German keyboard, I don't know if you have the same terms).

Manny_Avatar

« #6 : June 24, 2010, 08:59:58 AM »

Program does not "hang".  There is no need for "ctrl+a;t+del"  (ctrl = control). 

Simply logout and then log in again.  But nothing is saved.  There is no "crash".
I have given it enough time to work...  5-10 minutes in case connection to server is slow (I have good 2mb connection here).  But nothing happens...  simply shows the "working" arrows... 

Thanks for all ur help so far.  Let me know if u need more info. 

Lover

« #7 : June 24, 2010, 09:56:17 AM »

Sorry, very strange. Did you delete all of the old files after you uninstalled? Did you make a restart of your computer after that? Are you able to enter the room and do all the funny things, including new scenes you bought?
It seems you are from Europe, do you speak German?

Manny_Avatar

« #8 : June 25, 2010, 11:31:41 AM »

Hi again...  after uninstall I did not delete any extra files...  will try this again...  but first please list locations, incl. any temp files where they may be found and then I will try again.  What is the default folder the progam extracts to? 

Yes, I am from Europe...  used to be UK but now living in Asia for a short while... 
I took one year of German at High School...  and remember yes, no...  and the verb to be...  but that is it...  sorry...  the English are notoriously lazy when it comes to learning other languages! 
 :-[
Lover

« #9 : June 25, 2010, 02:26:25 PM »

You can see the installation path by clicking the right mouse button on the AChat symbol. It might be better to delete it with using the windows software program (I don't have Vista, so I can't tell you the right term).
See how to delete temp-files by searching in google. Sorry, but this is the best tip, cause I am German. I can tell it on German, but this doesn't help you (this is the reason I asked).
And don't forget to restart your computer.

cakegirl

« #10 : June 28, 2010, 11:27:51 PM »

This is slightly different than Manny's problem but needed to voice my opinion about it anyway. I know several people who have been playing Achat for around two years now. Apparently when they initally started to play, there were many options for clothing before it was a paysite

Now they can not modify what they are wearing with out losing there previously saved clothing items.

These older members should be grandfathered in and be allowed to use what they have saved already, not be forced to become premium members to keep what they have.

Please grandfather them! Let them keep what they have and maybe they will decide to become premium on their own.... :o ;)
Lover

« #11 : June 29, 2010, 07:03:40 AM »

I understand you Carli. But I think, to give them a wildcard, just as they are free members for two years isn't correct. I don't believe they will become premium members then, as they didn't subscribe up to now. Why should they change their mind?

By the way, did you  notice, they nearly doubled the fees. If you buy A$ if you have a membership they price didn't change.

Carli
: 116

« #12 : June 29, 2010, 08:54:08 AM »

Carli?

I'm over here Lover, I think you meant cakegirl :P

But it's nice to know I'm somehow on your mind ;D
bobbler

« #13 : June 29, 2010, 08:58:19 AM »

yeah i saw that too and he had me looking all over for you  :D
Lover

« #14 : June 29, 2010, 09:01:37 AM »

So sorry Carli :-*

Of course I mean cakegirl. Of course you are in my mind ;)

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: