*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Three New Outfits
« previous next »
: [1]
: Three New Outfits  ( 3181 )
sinnnn
: 1379

« : August 06, 2010, 12:55:20 AM »

Finally, I was almost out the door and what do they do?  Pull me back in.  But damn they are expensive, guess thats there way off making sure we get rid of our A$ so we won't use them to buy monthly or have to purchase more A$.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #1 : August 06, 2010, 01:04:46 AM »

They're all pretty nice, but YES there's a bit of sticker shock.

Sadly I think this is AChat undergoing inflation. The spanking position was a A$199 when previous new positions were A$150. I think their increasing of the A$ to go with the increased prices has caused the "economy" to grow too quickly and now prices are increasing to match it.

This isn't even the cynicism talking when I say I don't see this going well.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Bear
: 3856

« #2 : August 06, 2010, 08:03:21 AM »

I was rather surprises at the sticker price on those too,...the het set poses have risen over the past month Janine Dee, so I agree it's probably here to stay.

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #3 : August 06, 2010, 08:28:25 AM »

I think that the worst part is that it's self-inflicted. The most basic economic theory teaches that if your economy is growing too quickly you need to slow it down (like by increasing interest rates), by the same token if it's sluggish you need to get more money in (say by lowering those same rates so people are willing to borrow).

Right now AChat seems to be entering a boom, but unless something is done they will bust. While the A$ is a fictional money it is a money and follows the same rules, and just printing more never works. Increasing prices is a stop gap measure at best since the market is so limited (what they can implement vs the monthlies getting more A$ each month).

While this is a virtual economic structure it is still a economic structure, and it's showing stresses.
« : August 06, 2010, 08:30:11 AM Janine Dee »

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
: [1]  
« previous next »
: