*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  AChat Loads to 100 percent, then fails to connect then crashes
« previous next »
: [1]
: AChat Loads to 100 percent, then fails to connect then crashes  ( 5276 )
Harley1956
: 42

Ride it like you stole it

« : September 03, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »

Upon starting Achat, the programs goes through the version update and verification process. Then it goes to he loading page and the "ticker" goes all the way around to 100 %. Then a message box pop up.... " Achat has encountered a problem and needs to close"....... and now matter which button you click...... it shuts completely down. I have been running AChat just fine for the past month and to my knowledge nothing on the computer has changed. To correct this problem I have uninstalled and reinstalled achat about 4 times. Same problem. I have done a system restore to a point that I knew Achat was working correctly, still no luck. I have run every virus and adware scan that I have which include AVG, One click maintenance registry cleaner and Tune up Utilities... still no luck... Im running windows XP service pack 2. everything else works fine. Anyone have any suggestions?
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #1 : September 04, 2010, 12:53:52 AM »

When I was having the exact same problem I downloaded a fresh version from the site after the uninstall. Other then that I have no suggestions.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
bandit
: 2

« #2 : September 04, 2010, 10:55:06 PM »

I am having the exact same problem, I have done everything you have tried . If you figure something out please let me know.
bobbler

« #3 : September 05, 2010, 10:03:46 AM »

try this:

go to the home page, at the top right you will see "download free full version".  under that in small brown letters you will see "other download options"...click that and install both versions you see available on that page, the free full and high detailed add-on

good luck  :)
kerena
: 1

« #4 : September 06, 2010, 01:58:28 PM »

I had exactly the same problem. Achat loaded up to 100 %, the music started to play, but before the avatar design screen or the possibility to login came up, I received a Windows error message, which wasn't too conclusive. (I'm running WindowsXP)
For me as well this happened suddenly, because I was able to use achat normally before.

I solved this by setting the compatibility mode of the files VersionUpdater.exe and achat.exe to "compatibility with Windows95".
You can do this by right clicking on these files in Windows Explorer, select "Properties", then select the compatibility tab and chosing compatibility with Windows95.

Things I tried before that didn't help at all were: uninstalling and reinstalling achat (even from a fresh download), updating DirectX, updating graphic card drivers (turned out I had the newest anyway) and curiously also setting the compatibility mode to Windows2000.

I hope this will help some people, it definitely helped me. :)
Harley1956
: 42

Ride it like you stole it

« #5 : September 06, 2010, 08:02:48 PM »

Thanks everyone for your input, at least now I know I'm not crazy and that seveal other people have had the same problem. I will update as soon as I give all the options you have given me a try. Thanks again!
bandit
: 2

« #6 : September 07, 2010, 10:48:28 PM »

thank you kerena worked like a charm
: [1]  
« previous next »
: