*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  curious fact
« previous next »
: [1]
: curious fact  ( 6149 )
bobbler

« : December 08, 2010, 08:11:58 PM »

there are 80 pages of members here at 30 members per page = 2400 members

65 pages + have 0 posts...that's about 2000 out of the 2400 members who have not posted here at all

kinda crazy...hmmm?

::)

Lover
: 10350

« #1 : December 09, 2010, 12:18:58 PM »

Crazy, yes :)

And here we have 2400 members of more than 181000 members!

bobbler

« #2 : December 09, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »

right

and *we* make a stink when they don't listen to our suggestions. like the few of us represent all of the rest  ::)
they are about a dozen consistently vocal members here, voicing their opinions. no wonder they don't always listen to us  ;)
Unhealer
: 560

MSN Messenger - the.versifier@gmail.com
« #3 : December 10, 2010, 02:20:06 AM »

yeah, they only post if someone has a technical issue or something too. its good usually imo, they dont promise anything and base their moves on numbers or something
TightFit74
: 2415

« #4 : December 10, 2010, 09:55:09 AM »

Maybe they should rename the forum to: "The dirty dozen" forum instead of AChat forum... :)
I'm sure that if they advertised it a little, more members would post...

But to be honest, the best ideas are posted here... :D

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #5 : December 10, 2010, 11:14:49 AM »

Technically it could be said they started it because they posted what would be coming. They then never said "Well we used to interact with you about new things, but aren't going to do that anymore."

But even more then that I don't think there is a product out there that doesn't use focus groups. If you have a market large enough to sustain a business you have too large a market to poll directly. So you take samplings to try to get an idea of the larger whole.

With every thing obviously digitized they can get good pictures of what will sell reliably, but if they want to grow or innovate in their field that "focus group" is where they can get ideas of where to do so.

That's us. If they want to simply plod along they can certainly do so without ever looking at this page, but if they want to do anything more then churn out more of the same old thing this board is a resource only a fool would ignore.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Bear
: 3856

« #6 : December 10, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »

Spot on Janine

IMO there has been some recognition of suggestions made here...maybe not as quick as what some desire, but there is movement.
This board would be a foolish tool to ignore. Most focus groups are generally 6-12 people,..we probably have a manageable comparative sample of those making suggestions sharing thoughts.

However I am not certain who had the wild hair up their butt and came up with the idea that golf costume...

Lover
: 10350

« #7 : December 10, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »

Dirty dozen is good :D but where are the other ones?

Agree with Janine. And I also believe they started the forum cause "there has to be a forum". Perhaps we have surprised them, using the forum the way we do?! Sometimes this happens...

Urban
: 329

« #8 : December 16, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »

Somes are talking for thousands :o
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #9 : December 16, 2010, 07:04:04 PM »

To be fair I easily consider myself vastly more intelligent then most of the population.  ;D

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Adera
: 3047

« #10 : December 17, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »

Lol Janine ::) :P
: [1]