*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Conflicting Movements
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Conflicting Movements  ( 10826 )
Ardeur
: 198

Ardeur and ... sitting in a tree, K-I-S-. oh my...

MSN Messenger - mellisardeur@hotmail.com
« #15 : February 07, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »

They could partially solve these conflicts by making a clearer division between full and partial or sub animations.
Let's make an example out of the 'show what you feel' category:
Say there's an animation called embrace, which is a full animation.
One of the partners decides to use it and the two persons step towards each other and put their arms around each others waists while gazing into each others eyes.
From that position you can go a lot of ways without the need to step back for another animation, examples: grab ass, kiss, nuzzle neck, sneak nipple tweak, rub/scratch back or the well-known and sometimes animation-breaking "enjoy". When you're not actively using a certain body part in an animation, it should be free to use in another as long as the different animations don't cross of course.
In between animations from one move/pose to another would be great too.Going back to the default action only to move back to a different animation in an  almost similar pose can be a bit immersion breaking.

I don't play two sides of the fence, I'm all over it. ;):-*
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #16 : February 07, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »

Precisely, Bear, Precisely.

Ardeur, I think you are on the right track, but I fear such a reprogramming might be a whole engine upgrade for the AChat system... that said it may become a necessary one if the game wants to truly grow.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Bear
: 3856

« #17 : February 07, 2011, 03:12:54 PM »

I do like that idea of the sub animations to the poses, and that example perfect for demonstrating a need to address discreet actions which could enhance the visual effects.

Take the fm poses Spoons and naughty siesta,..two extremely close poses which could have been grafted,..the second as a sub pose, if one could click and open a secondary widow with the related actions, speed, kissing and fondling etc. this would make as you state an elimination of the loss of immersion in the transition. Also reduce the clutter we see in the main menu of poses.

Ardeur
: 198

Ardeur and ... sitting in a tree, K-I-S-. oh my...

MSN Messenger - mellisardeur@hotmail.com
« #18 : February 07, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »

Precisely, Bear, Precisely.

Ardeur, I think you are on the right track, but I fear such a reprogramming might be a whole engine upgrade for the AChat system... that said it may become a necessary one if the game wants to truly grow.

As I see it right now, a whole engine upgrade might not be such a bad idea. The chat-interface itself is cumbersome and would already be greatly improved with just the implementation of mouse wheel support and single-click conversation partner selecting.

When and if they do a large overhaul on the engine, it might be nice if they implemented something like a free movement socializing zone, maybe a nightclub or bar, moving the game from a 2- or 3-player game with lobby to a true MMO or at least an MO. Imagine walking in your room, teasing your partner in advance by posing invitingly and then moving somewhere else giving another pose until you get "caught"/your partner gets close enough to "engage" in the action you're posing for.

In the bar you can get the whole picking up experience, afterwards you walk home, your partner following.
You step into the elevator, choosing 'go to your room'
Your intended partner selects 'follow <player> to her/his room'
you get the message '<partner> is following you. Let <partner> in./ Slam the door in <partner>'s face!'

I don't play two sides of the fence, I'm all over it. ;):-*
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #19 : February 08, 2011, 01:51:09 AM »

I like the concept, but to play Development Teams Advocate there would have to be a massive hardware upgrade to make that happen as well.

Not to mention that the more options they offer the more glitches that can and will occur. Many compare to Red Light Center, BUT other game is renown for it's glitches.

So maybe the question would be where a happy medium would be found?

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
TightFit74
: 2415

« #20 : February 08, 2011, 04:06:37 AM »

Though I love the idea of a lobby (or different portals) to meet and pick up people, the idea of having to travel through a lot of steps te get to the room, sunds more like an adventure game. For me that would not be a priority. I have all these steps in my mind and like to add them to my words, weave them into the story. Not necessarily want to perform those actions in the game.
But to everyone a different taste. I am sure a lot of people would love the additional freedom of movement, so don't let me discourage anyone :)

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Zinah
: 167

« #21 : February 08, 2011, 10:40:06 AM »

Group rooms are cool in concept but the lag is brutal.  I'd love a group chat room with the option to have a smaller branch room with a pw so it's just for the folks with whom you speak the most.  The idea of a non sexual seating, like 'chat on the couch' or 'sit at the dinner table' would be great!  Hell 'sit on the bed' and chat, dressed, would be a great pose to have.

Bear
: 3856

« #22 : February 08, 2011, 12:52:29 PM »

Definite Zinah under the current system the lag, refresh would be terrible in a room full of people.

The group chat rooms are a nice thought to revisit. Personally would love to see a Hot tub...

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: