*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Conflicting Movements
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Conflicting Movements  ( 10830 )
christinak

« : January 25, 2011, 08:45:43 AM »

Recently I noticed that during sex there were some issues with conflicting movements.  Let's say for example that during fm sex the man gets excited and wants to start thrusting faster.  In response I want my avatar to display pleasure from this.  If I click "Enjoy" my avatar closes her eyes, tips her head back and....ooops, now the man has gone back to thrusting slowly.  It's not just that either.  Many of my emotional responses cause the action on screen to go back to some kind of starting point.  Its very frustrating.
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #1 : January 25, 2011, 11:04:08 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure we've all run into it. I know I may reach to rub her pussy as she is say reaching to play with my breasts, and basically who clicked last is the one who's command is carried out.

It's sort of the nature of the beast with computers. The machine only knows the command it received. So command A has one set of actions and the computer starts carrying them out, but command B comes half a second later and that has a different set so the computer changes over.

Fixing it would require a MASSIVE overhaul, and even then it would almost be certain they would miss something.

Though if the Development Team reads this... have you considered play testers? You could EASILY find volunteers here, and that way you could get early feed back on new poses and tinker with them a bit to make them as well received as possible.

Not only would it be a fresh set of eyes, but it could be those perspectives you would otherwise not have.

Just have it set up as the preliminary pose an executable you would email to the tester directly that would be able to install itself into AChat, and then uninstall itself when the real one comes out.

Though you would probably want to make it coded to the tester, and only usable with someone else who has their own tester version.

Still, seems workable, maybe a good idea?

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Adera
: 3047

« #2 : January 25, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »

I know exactly what you mean, I've learned where I can do certain stuff that won't interfere with what the man did and where I cannot. If its a partner that likes to do things more descriptive I can describe how I feel from what he did instead.

But it would be nice if we could respond how we like. I think the new poses are better in that way, they are often made better so you can mix more actions.
Janine Dee

« #3 : January 25, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »

You mentioned it in another thread Adera, they do seem to be learning.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Bear
: 3856

« #4 : January 25, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »

Well they seem to be picking up better,..one thing about the handcuff pose was the lack of multi-action...I should be able to massage the breast and play with the pussy,..but one option overrode the other...I peg this down to Janine's comment,...a need for beta testers...

It's in their best interest to put out poses with a wow factor...that drive membership...
*raises hand...I'll volunteer*
« : January 25, 2011, 02:56:42 PM Bear »

Janine Dee

« #5 : January 25, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »

Yeah, should go without saying, but better safe then sorry. I'll volunteer as well.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Lover
: 10350

« #6 : January 25, 2011, 04:47:45 PM »

Very good idea Janine. I must not be a volunteer, but if you ask me, just to help to improve AChat, hmmm, ok - I will do ;)

The question is, which action is singualr and which actions can be handled together. This has to be decided. Then (in my mind) it should not be a problem, but I am not the expert in  programming.

Zinah
: 167

« #7 : February 06, 2011, 06:27:43 PM »

I'm chiming in on this because frankly, I can conflict myself.  It's all good, I want to hit the button so my guy knows there are rockets going off and suddenly I'm leaning forward, rubbing myself and not doing anything even *vaguely resembling my happiest moments!  What about head tossing and sheet grabbing as a way to share your joy?
Bear

« #8 : February 06, 2011, 08:24:48 PM »

Indeed Zinah,..an image which makes more sense...

TightFit74
: 2415

« #9 : February 07, 2011, 02:17:52 AM »

I think the idea of beta-testers is a very good one. The feedback the dev-team gets should be very usuable to improve on the pose. Maybe they do have testers, but they sure are not female (lol) and I wonder if they play the game online, as a regular member. Would like to volunteer as well..

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Lover

« #10 : February 07, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »

I also could be a female beta-tester :D

I think the robots are their dummies - if a scene is working they publish it. They probably know about some issues but maybe it's a comp problem or they do belive it's not important. This is my opinioun when I look at some poses.

Tight, thye are online as members (remember Tom's statement about a member called Admin)

Janine Dee

« #11 : February 07, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »

Oh they undoubtedly run bots through to check the animations. Betas would be more to test the "logic" "feel"... to give that human perspective.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

TightFit74
: 2415

« #12 : February 07, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »

Then let me be more speciific: are they online as active players...?

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Lover

« #13 : February 07, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »

Yes.

True Janine.

Bear

« #14 : February 07, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »

No doubt they test, but the value of the beta is an impartial opinion which isn't bound by budget, schedule and deadline.

The value is to avoid the embarrassment of ridiculous releases like the ff 69 strapon

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: