*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Non avatar images?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Non avatar images?  ( 15349 )
sinnnn
: 1379

« #15 : June 29, 2010, 04:41:48 PM »

Bobcats are cut little things.  They scratch, bite, and fuss at everything.  Can be dangerouse and really playful.  Best part is when you tame them they look so damn cute with a diamond collar.   Can't decide if I love them wild/free or so so with a collar.   ;) LOL
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #16 : June 30, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »

Ummm should I be giving advice on wearing the paw boots and gloves?  ;D

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
sinnnn

« #17 : June 30, 2010, 01:36:06 AM »

Go right ahead, teach him for me.  He might not know where everything goes.   ;)
apollo13nut
: 262

« #18 : June 30, 2010, 02:44:42 AM »

Sinnnn isn't the only one to read/know about that "legal" stuff...I am an Information Systems major (it's a fancy type of computer degree) and although I am specializing in computer networks, I was required to do some programming. I also minored in data security and we talked at length about EULA and TOS and the dreaded AUP (acceptable use policy; the contract you sign at work that would get you fired for surfing this board).

Having a background in computers, programming, and computer related laws/ethics, I know first hand that one of the FIRST clauses written is about "decompiling" (the process that turns a program into computer language) and how most say not to.

Now, all that said, have we actually figured out how it's being done yet? If it's not a hack and it's legit, I would not mind knowing how to do it to add a real pic to my profile.
Lover
: 10350

« #19 : June 30, 2010, 10:42:20 AM »

Do you really want to add a real picture? Another question, would you upload a picture of your own? That's my only question. I am not interested, if this is allowed to (this is not my problem), I am interested who wants to show the own picture.
Another point I could imagine, some members add a pic that doesn't show them, but another real person. But then you have to be very careful, as there may be copyrights to this pic. That means, even if it's allowed on AChat, it can be forbidden.

Janine Dee

« #20 : June 30, 2010, 10:58:09 AM »

Lover makes a good point, real pics are a can of worms.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

sinnnn

« #21 : June 30, 2010, 03:46:08 PM »

I'm not planning on real pics.  If I wanted that I wouldn't be here.  But it would be cool to add anime pics or something like that.  Just do something unique since its getting really boring with the limited outfits we have. 

Copyrights,  can be a major pain sometimes. :-\
Janine Dee

« #22 : July 01, 2010, 12:36:37 AM »

Still... there are so many places out there where you can have fan made icons from various tv/movie/anime/etc, etc... I would imagine it could be the same here.

EXCEPT for the fact it's adult use? Where what was letting fans use the images to share their fandom is now connecting their intellectual property with an adult use server?

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Lover

« #23 : July 01, 2010, 07:23:50 AM »

Of course there are many free pics to use. But I'm sure, some members will appear as e.g. Megan Fox, Johnny Depp, George Clooney, Denise Richards, Eva Longoria... you know what I mean. The easiest way to do this is to take a pic from the internet, copy and paste. And then you offend the copyright. I know that some forum operator have been warned.

apollo13nut
: 262

« #24 : July 04, 2010, 12:40:29 AM »

Ok, so to put this issue to bed (and to let Tom and Rab figure out any possible security breeches), I have found the hack tool that allows this to be done and I am putting a lick to it here as well (more for Tom and Rab to investigate, if they choose to do so/have the time).

http://rs16.rapidshare.com/files/404327825/Achat_tools_setup.rar (http://rs16.rapidshare.com/files/404327825/Achat_tools_setup.rar)

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE BY ANYONE!
sinnnn

« #25 : July 04, 2010, 12:47:03 AM »

Wow you go boy.  You are like Dick Tracey for computers Apollo.  ;D
Lover

« #26 : July 04, 2010, 03:46:20 AM »

Good job apollo. Did you also send this to the A-Team directly (Support-button in the upper line)? I think you should do this.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: