*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  National Flags
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: National Flags  ( 12250 )
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #15 : April 28, 2012, 09:49:23 AM »

Just as a note I was talking rules on wearing, the flying is a non-issue.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #16 : April 28, 2012, 11:29:32 AM »

Yeah, we can wear our flags too, you especially see the Union Jack flag embroidered on caps and clothing on sale in London and if the England football or rugby teams are playing in big tournaments. The St George Flag is on Tee shirts, rugby shirts, caps, badges, anything a fan might think to buy to show support. 
So no rules on that either :)

Our Forces tend to have their own regimental emblems / caps etc..  which of course can only be worn by them. Their is no restrictions on our flags -flying them or wearing them :)

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Adera
: 3047

« #17 : April 28, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »

Sweden have a coat of arms and the different military branches seem to have their own as well (looked it up just now). These coats of arms cannot be used however you like.

Clothes with the flag printed on them on the other hand are no problem. I can easily go and buy a t-shirt with the Swedish flag printed on it... though unless there is something nationalistic to celebrate or root for people will think that I'm overly nationalistic and racist as well.

Edit: I just read that the only occupational group that are allowed to wear the greater version of the Swedish coat of arms are trained chimney sweepers, they carries this gilt on their belts. They got the honour from Queen Kristina after many of them helped to extinguish a fire at Stockholm caste in 1640.
« : April 28, 2012, 12:04:31 PM Adera »
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #18 : April 28, 2012, 04:35:29 PM »

Love the chimney sweep edit.   Chimney Sweeps are also special in our country too. It is an old wives tale that to shake the hand of a chimney sweep will bring you good luck throughout your life, therefore   brides and grooms on their wedding days hire a chimney sweep to shake their hands as they exit the church. This is to ensure good luck and fortune throughout their married life :)

A lovely English custom :)

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
TightFit74
: 2415

« #19 : April 29, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »

In holland you are only allowed to have the flag flying on certain days. It is forbidden on other days. I'd love to be able to show my support and my pride of my country of origin. Especially during the olympic games and when Holland beats germany and the UK in the european soccer championships.. :D (sorry guys, that cup is ours..)

besides the sporting events, tomorrow is Queen's day in holland and a week later liberation day. It would have been great top fly my national colors on those days.. I am sure that every country has their special days.. So, sooner as later would be good :)

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
medjai
: 415

« #20 : April 30, 2012, 01:49:43 AM »

We have no law against that I can fly our flag when ever I want and will be doing that when Italy brings home that cup prrrrr  ;D
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #21 : April 30, 2012, 01:53:59 AM »

We have no law against that I can fly our flag when ever I want and will be doing that when Italy brings home that cup prrrrr  ;D

even if i'm not so much interessed in soccer, i really hope it!

anyway, in this days, i'm not so proud of too many things are happend here in Italy, but i'm gonna cheer up for our colours!

mrsexlover
: 4985

« #22 : April 30, 2012, 02:57:30 PM »

Hey Tight,

Although, we can not fly our Duth flag, we always have a orange shirt to wear to support our small country this summer when we bring home the soccer cup and the medals from the olympics.  :D

mrsexlover, loving all girls, any shape,size or color

Come and join the chat at the town sqaure http://achatsquare.chatango.com
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: