*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Selective ignore features?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Selective ignore features?  ( 6593 )
apollo13nut
: 262

« : June 23, 2011, 01:50:37 AM »

I was having a pleasant conversation with a girl that happened to be a strict homo saying no guys on her profile. I did not mind this and the conversation was meaningful to me, something I have come to enjoy more than going into rooms. This made me pause to think about a selective ignore where someone could chat with you, but it blocked room invites. Of course, there should still be the "full" ignore that we currently have. This idea may be similar to others such as being able to customize characters and appear offline, etc...

So what does any one else thing about this idea?
alstott
: 635

« #1 : June 23, 2011, 04:46:15 AM »

well if that includes i'm still available for my friends and just block the room invites...i totally agree..100%..i mean so i not has to go into room for deeper conversation..makes sense..bring it on

there`s  no right or wrong....just the consequences of your actions
TightFit74
: 2415

« #2 : June 23, 2011, 08:56:05 AM »

Apollo, I think that is an excellent idea. As an option, you could turn it on and off, whenever you feel you just want to talk. Whenever you feel rwady to room, you can switch it off.
I think  a few more options in restricting availability to the community would be very welcome...

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Bear
: 3856

« #3 : June 23, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »

I think this is a terrific idea! If this option is blanket in nature for all I wouldn't see it as restrictive as much as an opportunity to maximize one's enjoyment here. After 16 months I should be use to it, but I still find cold invites annoying when trying to hold a conversation.

WilliamXS
: 63

Go for it...you might not have a second change

« #4 : June 23, 2011, 09:44:02 AM »

That an awesum idea...I had that problem to.

Had a MMF invite and cameup with the same guy I got on the ignorelist..duno why she kept inviting  me with that guy.
Well this turkish girl wasnt talking much...guess she didnt understood I'll  pass...cause of that guy.
Anyway......
The developers realy need to fix this  ::)

Everyone has a moment that life goes by in a flash.....make it interesting.
apollo13nut
: 262

« #5 : June 23, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »

So most of you prefer it as a blanket on off rather than a by user system? Hmmm, imagine having both...a blanket on/off for when you want to chat, but an individual user invite block for users you'll never go into rooms with.
Bear
: 3856

« #6 : June 23, 2011, 08:39:02 PM »

@Apollo in my thoughts, if you are in a conversation of general nature it is unlikely they will out of the blue offer a room invite. At least it hasn't happen to me. If I have no intention of rooming, throwing a blanket against cold invites might be nice, though I think most,  who to begin with don't accept colds, would have it up constantly.

It might be a nice to be able to throw it up in character editor when changing clothes.

Bambi_Fawn
: 16

« #7 : June 27, 2011, 10:49:28 PM »

I can see Apollo's point in selective room bans....like a person that i can talk with just fine but is lousy in the room, i just ban him from rooms instead of ignore him completely....or other numerous reasons to block rooming by user instead of overall
Unhealer
: 560

MSN Messenger - the.versifier@gmail.com
« #8 : July 02, 2011, 10:11:42 PM »

doesnt really make sense to do it by individual really, because people you never room with who you dont want to block probably wouldnt be inviting you in the first place
Unhealer
: 560

MSN Messenger - the.versifier@gmail.com
« #9 : July 02, 2011, 10:13:05 PM »

in situations where it would seem applicable, the half-blocked person is more likely to get offended and cuss someone out.
I would see more utility in attaching it to orientation and adding a busy button.
« : July 02, 2011, 10:14:47 PM Unhealer »
Cats
: 36

purrrrr me hazz fun

« #10 : August 17, 2011, 02:04:23 AM »

yea we rlly do need a button for in the mood or just wanna chat or even busy i am also on the forum and still get nailed by random cold invites what is distracting and if ur chatting with someone it is rlly anoying  but then that is also to me with young ppl of 18 i get the feeling i would have sex with someone tht could be my own child.......... :-X

life is simple u have to make choises  and dont look back
: [1]  
« previous next »
: