*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Connection Issues
« previous next »
: [1]
: Connection Issues  ( 6108 )
AngelicDream
: 10

« : January 13, 2012, 08:02:11 AM »

At times Achat disconnects on me and fails to reconnect in timely manners.

However, additionally to this issue which is beyond my control. A user reported me for misuse of the service because I disconnected -scratches head- I fail to realize how a disconnect is a misuse of Achat's service. I have since removed the user from my friends. And further reporting it here. Also Achat should put into place that filing a false report is frowned upon. So this is more like a report of the issue and a suggestion for a later feature.

Sent on: 01/13/12 07:04:47 from [  ] to AngelicDream : Angelica bit of a sudden drop - gets you reported.

If Achat staff wish to know that users name I have left the message in my inbox. So they can easily view it. I also feel a bit this is a threat and I really don't log onto Achat for threats.
« : January 13, 2012, 08:04:50 AM AngelicDream »
Adera
: 3047

« #1 : January 13, 2012, 08:06:22 AM »

Eh? He/she reported you for that. :o

I cannot see any misuse in that, you can't do anything about it after all and imo we have the right to leave a room when we feel like it anyway.
AngelicDream
: 10

« #2 : January 13, 2012, 08:13:30 AM »

Eh? He/she reported you for that. :o

I cannot see any misuse in that, you can't do anything about it after all and imo we have the right to leave a room when we feel like it anyway.
Yes they did and I also took it as a threat. I do hope Achat revisits its reporting tool. He was removed quickly from friends, I come here for fun. We all do. I really do hope whatever does cause the disconnects is found. I run a 30 MB Cable connection .. surf and play a few social games online, like SecondLife (in full detail) ... No lag never any disconnects for it. Yet Achat has problems keeping me logged in?
Adera
: 3047

« #3 : January 13, 2012, 08:29:27 AM »

I hope his report will be ignored or that he gets a warning himself for his behaviour.
Lover
: 10350

« #4 : January 15, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »

I'm sure there is misuse of the reporting tool. Some people use it when they think their "God status" isn't accepted.
But I also am sure the A-Team knows this and is carefully handling it.
At all IMO this tool is important and a very goo idea !

Angelic, no one here should be threatened or feel threatened. You also can put this person to youre ignore list. There are enough friendly user.

The reason of disconnection.... too many possibilities. Your connection, the server, a background program...

thyrose
: 1

« #5 : January 18, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »

I also am having a lot of connection issues, even when a chat is enabled in the firewall. i actually cant  log on now, after so many tries, and also freezes up a lot, any way thats my two cants worth :)  ;)
Lover
: 10350

« #6 : January 19, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »

Hi Thyrose, there are many possibilities, we just can guess about the reason. Which anti-virus program do you use? Is Achat enabled there? Did you delete and reinstall Achat? What about other baqckground programs, they can use lots of ressources and kill Achat.
Which internet configuration do you have - lan or wlan? If wlan try lan first.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: