*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  AChat on Mac-OS ?
« previous next »
: [1]
: AChat on Mac-OS ?  ( 4571 )
SquirrelDee
: 43

ICQ Messenger - 9425478 MSN Messenger - squirrel_dee@yahoo.de
« : April 24, 2012, 04:08:11 AM »

Just an Idea - or a solution for people having the problems I noticed with my solution...

When bringing a friend into Achat last weekend we just noticed it.. Ooops there is no Version of Achat for Mac Users..
I do nt know if the "Windows World" is stil so far away from the "Mac OS World" as it was when I was coding (Windows 98 <> MAc OS 7.4) but well..

There is no Mac OS Client for AChat  :( 
Maybe thats an Idea for the future.. but as soon as there is none we found a Solution for that...

Install  version of a Software called "Parallels" http://www.parallels.com (I dont know if the older Versions are already for free but you can also use a trial) - We did it on Mac OS Lion, using Parallels Desktop 7.

Parallels gives you then an operating system vitualization platform - such as VMWare or MSVirtualserver on a Windows platform..

Configure a Virtual Machine and Install any (XP or newer) version of Windows - maybe you have an old License from an older machine you dont use any more - we took Windows XP SP2. If you wish - run updates and do the "standard" security Installations on the virtual Windows system. Go to the AChat Website (from the Virtual Windows), download, install and configure Achat.

Here you go! AChat on MAc OS Lion  :D
Questions? Feel free to use "PM-button"  ::)

Cheers!
Dee

P.S. Sounds a bit complicating - but its fairly easy getting that Installation running. Did it via Remote control Software from my PC on a Mac on the other side of the globe so .. if you want AChat on your MAC OS - that is an easy way to get it running!
apollo13nut
: 262

« #1 : May 23, 2012, 11:58:16 PM »

As far as I know, AChat will forever be Windows based because if I remember correctly, the code requires DirectX, which is Microsoft and Apple DOES NOT allow it on Mac OS (which is actually a modified version of Linux). Sorry to say, but for all non-Windows users, either use some program to run a Virtual Machine (Parallels, VMWare, VirtualBox, etc) or bust. Virtualbox is freeware and runs on Linux, Windows, Mac
: [1]  
« previous next »
: