*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Love Food
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Love Food  ( 16312 )
TightFit74
: 2415

« : May 24, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »

It is the peak in the season for holland's most delicate vegetable, also known as the Queen of vegetables: asparagus.

They are grown in sandy banks and are white, have a very distinct taste and are considered an aphrodisiac (not just because of the fallic shape of it ;D)

They can be eaten frsh between the middle of april and the end of june and because of the warm weather, the quality is excellent this year. I will eat them again tomorrow and thought I'd share a reccipe with you, it was one of the seasonal specialties we sold in the restaurant I had in earlier years.

Asparagus with smoked salmon, sauce bearnaise and potatoes

Most importantly is peeeling the asparagus. they have a thick, woody skin which won't go soft when cooked. Best way to remove it, is to use a potatoe peeler. After peeling, cut off the bottom off the stem, about 2 fingers long (for those with thin finers, 3). Asparagus are cooked for about 20 minutes in water, with sugar, salt and some vinegar added. You need about 450 gr of asparagus per person. This seems much, but it is the main component of the meal.

For the sauce bearnaise you need:
125 gr clarified butter
2 sjalots
1 clove of garlic (optional)
1 ts crushed black pepperkorns
1 egg yoke
1 dl tarragon vinegar/white wine
fresh tarragon
lemon juice

put vinegar, pepper korns and sjalots in a small pot on the stove and reduce to about 25 cc.
Drain and press as much liquid from the left over bits. Put this on a glass bowl and mix in the egg yoke. Put the glass bowl on a pan on the heat and warm the mass ‘au bain marie’. When the mass heats up, start to add the melted butter in a small drizzle and whisk your ass off. Make sure the heat stays low, or the sauce will seperate. When all butter has been emulgated, take the sauce off the heat, add peper, salt and a squeeze of lemon juice and add fresh tarragon leafs.

Cook the potatoes in their skin, around the time of the asparagus there is also a new harvest of potatoes. Use those if you can find them. Asparagus are traditionally eaten with sliced ham, but I prefer smoked salmon. The saltyness and softness of the fish matches perfectly with the sweetness of the asparagus and the acidity of the sauce bearnaise. To complete the dutch tradition, add a crumbled, hard-boiled egg. Drink a white wine or rosé (i’d advie a grauburgunder, a german white wine) with it. Enjoy...

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #1 : May 24, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »

Tight, i can say to you i had eat them so often recently but not the white one......usually my mother go to the montain near where i live and found them in the forest. they are really delicious whit rice and sausages....yummy!

Lover
: 10350

« #2 : May 24, 2012, 03:50:08 PM »

They are very delicious, healthy and (for those who ask about ;) they have less calories. They rae usually white, but also there are green ones.

I like to add them to salad or onto pizza, but also can be used with sauce bernaise or rolled into bacon.
They also have lots of potassium, which you can smell at once after you ate them when you have to go to toilet :D

TightFit74
: 2415

« #3 : May 24, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »

They definitly leave their mark.. But they also stimulate the kidney function and are very appreciated by people on a low natrium diet, because they hardly need seasoning, the seasoning suggested in the recipe, are in fact optional. They taste wonderful by themselves.

I do hope more people will add their recipes for love food.. We have a saying in holland: 'the love of a man goes through his stomach'. But having been a chef for years, I know that goes for girls as well.. Prepare a great meal and many girl will be swept of her feet :)

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Pafe
: 548

« #4 : May 25, 2012, 05:14:57 AM »

Hiya's...

It's almost summer here in the U.S. and that means strawberries!  I love the summer fruits and fresh veggies from my garden.

Here is a quick and simple strawberry recipe that I make often.  It's easy and can be either a light appetizer or a simple dessert, my family and friends can't get enough of it.

Amaretto Stuffed Strawberries

Ingredients:

1-2 pints of fresh strawberries
    1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
    1 tsp. vanilla of almond extract
    1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar

Directions:

Place the softened cream cheese, almond extract and sugar in a bowl and mix until fluffy.
    Put filling mixture into a pastry bag fit with the small star tip and set aside.
    Cut the top/stem off of the strawberries and set them on the flat end, pointing up.
    Slicie an X through the strawberry from the tip to the cut end, but not going all the way through (you want to make a sort of pocket for the filling).
    Put the tip of the pastry bag into the strawberry and pipe the filling in. 

*The strawberry expands when you pipe in the filling, so try not to pipe in too much.  It takes a little practice but you get to eat the first couple of mistakes*

Thanks for letting me share,
Pafe

FoxyRoxxy
: 10457

DESERT ROSE

« #5 : March 18, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »

This is what I am craving right now.

Yes I am bad

LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
FoxyRoxxy

DESERT ROSE

« #6 : April 04, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »

This is what im in mood for 

FoxyRoxxy

DESERT ROSE

« #7 : April 05, 2014, 11:00:46 AM »

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #8 : April 09, 2014, 10:28:52 AM »

all tasty sort of food here.......but i prefear this!

FoxyRoxxy

DESERT ROSE

« #9 : April 09, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »

I am  more in to this Roasted Chicken

Marilyn
: 3771

« #10 : April 10, 2014, 02:23:15 AM »

Looks tasty, Foxy!  :)

My alley: http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,1884.0.html
FoxyRoxxy