*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about sex
| |-+  Everything about sex and love (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Just wanted to share my thoughts
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Just wanted to share my thoughts  ( 16304 )
mercer78
: 149

If ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise

« : February 09, 2013, 05:16:05 PM »

Hi all as some of you may know I recently made the decision to take a break from achat possibly permanently.  I thought I would take the time to share my reasons with the group, the main one being I just haven't been enjoying it as much as before.  A lot of the friends i made early on are gone and the problems making new ones have been discussed at length in another topic, http://www.funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,2211.0.html
Some may say I'm giving up to easily but I just don't how trawling through one search after another and getting no responses can be considered fun.  Since others seem to be able to cope with this better or just don't have these issues, so I had to conclude I was the problem which is why I decided to step away despite still having a while left on my subscription.
Well that's it any thoughts, comments are welcomed thanks for reading.
« : September 15, 2019, 06:42:16 AM tom »

Kingdustin
: 598

« #1 : February 10, 2013, 12:49:49 AM »

Mercer i can understand your feelings about the game. I to have considered leaving the game many times and I still do from time to time. but I am lucky enough to have a few close friends still playing. The only one who can ultimately decide is you on whether leaving permanently is the best choice. My best advise I can give is stop playing for awhile and see if you still have the feeling/desire to come back & if you don't, then you should know what the right choice to make is.

true beauty lies in great friendship =)
Lover
: 10350

« #2 : February 10, 2013, 04:15:52 AM »

Mercer, I'm sorry but accept your decision. Only you have the right to decide. It's nice you tell us your thoughts and don't leave without a word (I know you mentioned in another thread, also said you stay for secret valentine). I hoped we have helped you and wish we could have done more.
Think about it one more day. And if you leave you know you always may come back. Or stay here in forum.

hentaiboy69
: 7883

« #3 : February 10, 2013, 04:32:11 AM »

Mercer, yours is the decision and no one have the right to take it for you.....

You are one of the younghest users here in the forum but let me thank you for the thread you mention and you start, cause it give us the chance to think on how everyone of us answer to the approach of others people, here in the "Dreamworld" (thanks to Evelyne, who had use this word to descrive AChat! mwaaahhhh!). This is the proof everyone here can give his efford to think on how we want and what we like and dislike here!

And to quote Lover.....i'm very happy if ytou want to stay here for more and continue to guive us you idea and opinion!

mercer78

« #4 : February 10, 2013, 04:45:58 AM »

Thank you for all the kind words people you've actually made me think I may have been a little hasty in my decision.  Like kingdustin said I am starting to miss it a bit already even though its only been a few days (I used to log in most evenings), but can't decide whether that's genuine desire or just habit.  Maybe I should man up and try again just log in less often ummmm can't decide.  Thanks again for indulging my ramblings.  :D

Lydiarose
: 974

Bitch's Corner

« #5 : February 10, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »

I understand your decision to leave, I to feel the same way, so will leave the game at the end of this month, I have not be into the game over the last week and I"m not missing it.

mercer78

« #6 : February 10, 2013, 10:57:35 AM »

I understand your decision to leave, I to feel the same way, so will leave the game at the end of this month, I have not be into the game over the last week and I"m not missing it.

Wow sorry to hear that hope I haven't inspired a mass exodus because that's the last thing I would want to happen.  I think the game has a lot of potential just it lacks the community spirit and general welcoming atmosphere that the forum seems to have tons of.

Cheya
: 177

Sweet with a Chance oƒ Sass ♥

« #7 : February 10, 2013, 07:40:24 PM »

Owwe sorry to hear that ... hope both of you are not rushing it and come back someday! Have to confess i really enjoyed achat in the very beginning but it became less and less interesting over time for me too. I usually treat achat like a messenger nowadays since i enjoy chatting and teasing all those men out there a lot ;D  ;D  ;D.

The only advices i can give is to take achat in moderation, maybe try to get into better contact with the forum members which all are all very nice and fun to talk with as far as my experiences go  :) or try to write a story for the contests or volunteer for the N.S.P.D.

You can always return to achat, be it as a premium user or not ... i'm sure you will find someone to inflame your interest again or just a few nice people to chat with. Wish you all the best wherever your path shoud lead you  ;)

kisses cheya
« : February 10, 2013, 07:42:20 PM Cheya »

~             Be Sensual, Wild and Wonderful       ~
Bear
: 3856

« #8 : February 10, 2013, 11:15:31 PM »

Indeed I have found that moderation has been a key in my long subscritpuion to the site... nearly 3 years. It is too easy to get caught up in the parade of encouters, and barrage of chatter which descends upon one when online.  It can become overwelmingly tiring,... and leaves one numbed by the shallowness of it all.

I see the forum as a counter to that,... the chance to read the thoughts of many of whom I many never actually meet online,.. or be given the time of day so to speak; to be able to sit back and measure their words and leisurely respond in kind without the constant underlying babble. We do have a richer community than the gameplay in that regard.\ since we get to see beyonf the some feeble efforts of seductive language to read truer into the sense of others.

If one can find a deeper sense of purpose to the site than just sex, you'll find a deeper value to it overall. It might be clothing design, stories, championing a cause or a special club. It will take effort, and I think most here realize and respect any form of commitment. You expand your sphere of influence, forging ties that bind beyond just sexual encounters, which will always mean deeper, more meaningful relationships.

None the less, I wish you the best...

and will say that I hope you find enough.

Momma_andrea
: 9502

Lady of the twin moons©

« #9 : February 11, 2013, 05:33:02 AM »

I understand. I myself just renewed my subscription at the end of January and I was thinking 'Do I really want to?'   There are like 3 guys on here I like and trust. One I never see, the other is time zones away and the third is almost to popular (lol). The story contest was my biggest reason to stay.
Take a break. Hope to see you in a bit.

http://redandbrunettelesbian.tumblr.com
hentaiboy69

« #10 : February 11, 2013, 07:25:26 AM »

oooww......reading all those feeling about Mercer, Lydia and Andrea is a real shock! I mean, i never expect there were many of us who are now bored with AChat!

well, let me say this.......if all of you are gonna take a break for AChat, you are allways welcome in the forum if you want to join just for a laugh. and, of course, i hope to see you back one day, like Andrea said!

Lover
: 10350

« #11 : February 11, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »

Leaving or staying... this question each of us has to decide by himself. I have renewed my subsciption for the 4th time now and I never have regreted it. There have been times with less fun, sure.. but I made a lot of new friends. I started AChat just for sex adventures and it has changed to a social place to meet nice people.
IMO just this forum is worth to stay. Though I have more good reasosn, one very special :)

Andrea, I'm glad you didn't leave... now I can massage your feet ;)

Lydiarose
: 974

Bitch's Corner

« #12 : February 11, 2013, 09:59:27 AM »

I would like to say that I will be leaving the game once i have done Secret Valentine, the reason im leaving is that I dont enjoy the game anymore and a lot of my friends in the game have left over the last few months. I will come into the forum just to have a look ever now and again 

hentaiboy69

« #13 : February 11, 2013, 11:34:34 AM »

lydia, i'll repeat again.......when you want to jump into the forum again after you leave, you are more then welcome!

Everyone who had left is welcome, even a simple "hi" it's fine! big hug for all the friend who had and who are going to leave......i'll gonna miss you all!

sexilicious
: 2755

« #14 : February 11, 2013, 11:51:31 AM »

I know for me I also started getting bored and ended up going to another game where I then had let achat simply be very few times i would come on. However having been into the forum and having several friends mostly across seas it seems, there are times I will still get on the game to chat and maybe play. Fastest and easiest way to catch me though anymore is online the forum cause I tend to check forum maybe several times a day.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: