*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  update problem
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: update problem  ( 26725 )
Lover
: 10350

« #15 : September 27, 2013, 01:16:39 AM »

Loona, can you start AChat without the update?

Loona_Doll
: 3

« #16 : September 27, 2013, 05:52:03 PM »

I can run achat ...just every time I try to load it up i have to get that message. Ive looked in the software and I don't see achat being blocked from what i can tell. 
mrsexlover
: 4985

« #17 : September 27, 2013, 08:33:48 PM »

I have the same thing happening to me, as i use McAfee and normaly have my Realtime Scanning on, that is causing the problem, so when ever i get a message upgrade failed i close down Achat again.

Then i got to McAfee turn the Realtime scanning off and not closing that screen i start up Achat. Now it upgrades just fine and as soon as the update is done and the program starts i turn my Realtime Scanning back on.

Then everything is just fine and all works.

I hope this helps you

mrsexlover, loving all girls, any shape,size or color

Come and join the chat at the town sqaure http://achatsquare.chatango.com
Loona_Doll
: 3

« #18 : September 30, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »

I have the same thing happening to me, as i use McAfee and normaly have my Realtime Scanning on, that is causing the problem, so when ever i get a message upgrade failed i close down Achat again.

Then i got to McAfee turn the Realtime scanning off and not closing that screen i start up Achat. Now it upgrades just fine and as soon as the update is done and the program starts i turn my Realtime Scanning back on.

I hope this helps you

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! That did the trick  ;D
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #19 : September 30, 2013, 05:31:13 PM »

yay to mrsexlover   ;D

Glad your problem is now sorted.     Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Onyx_Stone
: 6

« #20 : October 18, 2013, 08:04:39 AM »

Hi... umm first time on forums so I'll make it quick...  :)  I'm having the exact same problem and I've tried everthing listed here and from other... forum dealeys  ::) I've disabled my firewall and anti-virus while trying to run cleared whatever I don't need from my computer... Tried running as administrator, adding it as an exception (including the version updater from the file location) I completely removed and installed again twice from Achat's uninstall and control panel.(All it served to do was remove two updates I had PAID for already  >:( >:( ) Just can't get it to work  :( I haven't made any changes and I have been on here for a while now... never had the problem until about 2 weeks ago.

Just completely stuck  :-\  Anymore advice or where to look for a guide to sort it would be appreciated but so far not found something that works on the forums :( :( :( Really enjoy the community here and have made quite a few friends... *sighs* I don't want to be forced away from it  :'(
Lover

« #21 : October 18, 2013, 10:17:14 AM »

Dont worry about the updates you have paid for - you still have them.
There is a way installing it "by hand", though its rather hard. Its listed in this board (im not at home now, just using mobile)
You also can send a message to support.

Which soft- and hardware are you using?

happyface
: 20

« #22 : October 18, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »

hello again everyone. I seem to be having an upgrade error.

Ever time I launch Achat Client, the auto updater come on, and startes it update. but as soon as the first blue bar gets up full. I got a message saying.

Upgrade message
Upgrade failed!
if you experience problems,
please restart the program!

now I have tried all the way in the achat folder to update the game or launch it but they all fail. I even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it too and I am still getting same error. this start on 10/16/13. I have not been able to fix it and it as not gone away like most  problems I get lol. If you know any way for me to resolve this please let me know.

thank you for reading.

p.s. I have zero computer comprehension so small, normal words please thanks. :)
Oh and yes my internet connection is working fine. feel free to ask question.

:) :-*
Brandybee

« #23 : October 18, 2013, 04:54:59 PM »

I had a similar problem a couple of months back.  I had to turn everything else off and keep  going back to the beginning and start achat again, sometimes as many as 5 times.  it would then accept the upgrade. It eventually corrected itself and I've had no problems since.

On another occasion, I had upgraded another programme, I think it was adobe, and think it affected Achats programme somehow. On that occasion I had to uninstall everything I could find of Achat from my computer. I then reinstalled from scratch. It fixed the problem

Have you recently upgraded anything new?

Try unistalling Achat completely, then checking that everything to do with Achat is gone from you PC.   Install from scratch again. The number in the lower right hand corner should read   Ver: 1.18

Good luck, I hope it works. Keep us updated on how you get on. I'm sure other members will have other ideas to solve it too.

Also see       Forum Home Page > Support > Slip of the pen (Report bugs) > wont update.     

A similar problem was experienced by another member & mrsexlover found the solution.    ;D

------------------------------

Quote from: mrsexlover on September 27, 2013, 08:33:48 PM

I have the same thing happening to me, as i use McAfee and normally have my Realtime Scanning on, that is causing the problem, so when ever i get a message upgrade failed i close down Achat again.

I hope this helps you

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! That did the trick   ;D

« : October 18, 2013, 05:07:56 PM Brandybee »

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
zoerink
: 2465

I am into the big blue ocean swimming and dreaming

« #24 : October 18, 2013, 05:49:53 PM »

Hope you can fix it Happy!!!

We miss you!!!

KISSES & HUGS & SMILES FOR ALL
Lover

« #25 : October 19, 2013, 03:08:13 AM »

If you remove AChat you have to make sure also the AChat folder is removed, which doesn't happen automatically.

Do you use anti-virsu softaware? Which?
Do you havea firewall? Which?
Are you running windows? Which?

If thius message appears (sometimes it happens to me too) usually the updater can't connect to achat server. I can help tomorrow if you have time - then we make it step by step, slow and easy :)

happyface

« #26 : October 19, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »

Thank you Brandy and Lover. I will try to remove Achat completely this time and see if that works. I will let you all know if it works or not.

:-* :)
happyface

« #27 : October 19, 2013, 10:51:26 AM »

Okay i removed the game and reinstalled it but it did not fix my problem. I even looked at my  Firewall and anti-vires software, Achat as full access.

I am using WIndows 8 and my firewall/ anti-vires software is Mcafee Security Center.

No updates for them have been added to my computer in awhile, my problem started with the last update for achat. I hope this helps.

also I get the error message when auto updater try to ( Extracting compressed files..).
Brandybee

« #28 : October 19, 2013, 12:02:45 PM »

Have you tried  mrsexlovers advice

He advised in another topic ....

I have the same thing happening to me, as i use McAfee and normally have my Realtime Scanning on, that is causing the problem, so when ever i get a message upgrade failed i close down Achat again.

I hope this helps you

happyface

« #29 : October 19, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »

thank you very much Brandy, it worked. I am now fully updated now. thanks for telling me about mrsexlovers advice.

:-*
: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
: