*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  I guess my password just got changed without notifying me or anything..
« previous next »
: [1]
: I guess my password just got changed without notifying me or anything..  ( 5431 )
captinemo
: 6

I tried to log in today and all of sudden it kept saying that my password is wrong, I was pretty shocked as I was sure that I typed it properly..

Can someone tell me how possible is this to happen without even letting me know that my password is changed? or did I get hacked or something?
« : June 06, 2014, 09:01:11 AM captinemo »
captinemo

And more weird that even my Spouse Account got the password changed as well.

We been playing this game since a long while as well, and just of today when I tried to log in it kept saying wrong password and username in the client, so I decided to try the website, and no luck, it kept saying the same and I had 6 tries thing, well I couldn`t login, yet my forums password which is the same as my client account, remain and I could login normally..

I really have doubts that there is some hack happened or so, as I remember quite well that I didn`t attempt to change my password, and it wasn`t easy to guess.
« : June 06, 2014, 08:17:53 AM captinemo »
Bear
: 3856

Appears you two were hacked. Contact support immediately for a password reset.

captinemo

Well I actually did send a ticket asking for an explanation of what exactly happened to our accounts, it`s weird that I even did a full malware and virus scan to my computer, and there is nothing detected.

But will they reset it to the previous password that I know and been using it or how it goes?
« : June 06, 2014, 08:28:47 AM captinemo »
Lover
: 10350

I think they'll give you a new password. The old one has been changed and as it seems you were hacked, the hacker knows it.

captinemo

Umm lol, well if we are really hacked, that sound quite funny, because It`s not like I know alot of people there or have alot of friends or credit there either, I just log in to have some fun with my spouse and that`s all.
« : June 06, 2014, 08:46:37 AM captinemo »
Lover

Yes, might sound strange you both have been hacked same day. Are you the only one having access to your comp?

captinemo

Yep, that`s true, it`s only me, but seriously it`s too weird, I don`t see any benefits for a hacker to get our account as they are not with alot investment, or that we communicate with other people there.
« : June 06, 2014, 09:00:04 AM captinemo »
Lover

Yes true. I'm sure you checked if you didnt change the password by yourself or if shift-key is not activated?

captinemo

No I didn`t change it since months and I been using the same password as my forums one, and no the shift is not activated, the client even had the option "Save password" marked as well.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: