*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Trivia Association Game
« previous next »
: [1]
: Trivia Association Game  ( 3299 )
Tommy_72
: 229

« : March 26, 2015, 07:10:39 AM »

Hello guys  :)

Not sure how well this might work, but i just posted Lou Reed's Satellite of Love on the music association game, and it gave me an idea for another game. Each post asks a trivia question. Whoever answers it then asks a new trivia question relating to the answer for the previous one. I'm starting with a music question, but can go in any direction whatsoever. So, to begin:

Who sang backing vocals on Lou Reed's 'Satellite of Love' ?
AusWoody
: 2044

Never push a loyal person to the breaking point

MSN Messenger - mick.woodman@gmail.com
« #1 : March 26, 2015, 07:32:52 AM »

yes  interesting question and i think your trying to trick us

backing vocals were supplied by Gustavo Manzu who also played piano

BUT what i think your askling  is who  was also backing vocals on the last chorus

it was the songs producer  David Bowie

next Question
One of the characters in Shakespeare’s play A Midsummer Night’s Dream is the victim of a spell that puts a donkey’s head on his shoulders. What is his name?
« : March 26, 2015, 07:39:49 AM AusWoody »

Join us in the The Achat Square meeting place for broad-minded  adults - fun and games - http://achatsquare.chatango.com

Mean What I Say  -  Say What I Me
Brandybee
: 6966

Sweet As Honey With A Cheeky Sting. BUZZ !!

« #2 : March 26, 2015, 10:50:13 AM »

Nick Bottom

-----

According to Oberon in A Midsummer Night's Dream, the secret to a highly potent love potion lies in the purple, yellow and white wild flower, "The juice of it on sleeping eyelids laid/will make man or woman madly dote/upon the next live creature that it sees," the fairy king tells Puck.

What is the name of this flower?

:)   :D   :P    THERE'S  A  LITTLE  BIT  OF  DEVIL  IN  MY  ANGEL  EYES       :)    :D    :P
Tommy_72

« #3 : March 26, 2015, 11:48:45 AM »

No trickery intended, Woody! Like my good friend Misdevious, i'm not that devious! However, you are right that David Bowie did indeed sing backing vocals in the final chorus...

The answer that I think you are looking for, Brandy, is 'love-in-idleness'.

Love-in-idleness is another name for the wild pansy. Where does the name pansy come from?

Stone
: 1842

« #4 : March 26, 2015, 12:58:22 PM »

The name pansy is from the French word pensie, meaning thought or remembrance.
Pansy is also an English baby name after the flower. However, Pansy is not popular today as a result of its use as a slang term for a homosexual or an effeminate man.

Did you know that the flowers of pansies and violas are colorful and edible. They have a very mild sweet to tart flavour.

What is the Pansy's  Latin name?

Tommy_72

« #5 : March 26, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »

That would be Viola tricolor var. hortensis.

Why might you be worried if you had an Arion hortensis on your pansies?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: