*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  Got any problems running AChat? (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Broken forum profile avatars...
« previous next »
: [1]
: Broken forum profile avatars...  ( 5867 )
blossom
: 39

« : June 19, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »

I tried uploading a picture for my forum avatar - doesn't show up... I then noticed that this is the case for a few others as well. The only pics that show cleanly are those that are linked directly from some http:// address. Is this a known problem? Can I look forward to uploading the pic successfully any time soon?
Lover
: 10350

« #1 : June 19, 2010, 08:27:51 AM »

Yes, blossom, we all seem to have this problem. I hope the A-Team read this post and solve our problem.

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #2 : June 19, 2010, 10:23:56 AM »

I'm guessing this forum system is simply still set up for the old user interface and can't recognize the new.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
bouli

« #3 : June 19, 2010, 11:03:38 AM »

I'm guessing this forum system is simply still set up for the old user interface and can't recognize the new.

The forum and client always were completely separate from each other, so they shouldn't affect one another in any way. It's possible avatar pictures were disabled to lower the bandwidth or something, I have no idea.
Janine Dee

« #4 : June 19, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »

I know that in computers when a glitch occurs after an update the update is the first place you check. *shrug*

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

bouli

« #5 : June 19, 2010, 11:09:19 AM »

Yea, for sure. That update would have to be a separate update though. Of the forums, not of the client. :)
Let's just hope we can get an affirmation of whether this was a choice or a bug. Tom, are you around? ;)
blossom
: 39

« #6 : June 19, 2010, 11:46:45 AM »

when a page loads, how much bandwidth will a few teensy weensy 65x65 pixel pics take up? Practically nothing... besides thare are those default actor & musician pics on offer which wil take up exactly the same bandwidth... nope gotta be something else.  :-\
Lover
: 10350

« #7 : June 19, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »

In the settings they could prevent to upload pics. They didn't. So there is the possibility to add pics. Appropriate there must be an error, either in the system or in the hardware.
That means the A-Team has to check for it. And fix the mistake. Or they have to tell us, no pics allowed any longer.

Janine Dee

« #8 : June 19, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »

It isn't just bandwidth sweetie. If it's not properly coded a computer won't recognize it. That's what I'm thinking may be the problem.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

: [1]  
« previous next »
: