*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books... (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Favorite Video Games
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 11
: Favorite Video Games  ( 81706 )
Janine Dee
: 2541

« : July 26, 2010, 11:59:41 AM »

Sorry folks, realized I hadn't started this thread yet.

I just recently bought a PS3, and with that PS3 I bought Dante's Inferno.

I bought it because I love the original poem, I bought it because the graphics looked amazing, and I bought it because I loved the idea of the hero's journey through Hell.

If you are a Literary Nazi you should avoid the game. While they strove to honor the source work being guided through the lairs of Hell with an all access pass doesn't make for as good of gaming as Dante the Mercenary who had went on the Crusades after being promised doing so would absolve him of all his sins comes home to find his fiance and his father murdered.

When he finds Beatrice's body her spirit rises and talks to him before being snatched away by a man made of black smoke.

You learn the man is Lucifer, you find out he's dragged her to Hell. You chase after her.

It is awesome.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
sinnnn
: 1379

« #1 : July 27, 2010, 04:39:11 PM »

Ohhh I so fucking adore you babe.

Uncharted 1 and 2

Devil May Cry(all of them)

Call of Duty  2, 3, and 4

MAG

Red Dead Redemption

Heavenly Sword

Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.2, 12, and 13 was alright

Tomb Raider(all of them even the remake)

XBOX360-- Fable

PC games--  Myst (all the series)
(sorry got carried awaya)
Janine Dee

« #2 : July 27, 2010, 05:40:23 PM »

MAG? What is that?

Is Heavenly Sword for the PS3? I thought I remember thinking that one may be fun to play.

Some games I am looking forward to now that I've upgraded.

God Of War 3, as well as the graphically upgraded 1&2.

GTA 4 (and most likely the downloadable alternate versions).

Wet (It's voiced by Eliza Dushku, and since I would pay to hear that woman read the phone book I'll try to find it second hand, but I'm going to try to find it.)

Maybe Metal Gear Solid 4... I've loved the franchise, but have fallen out of love with stealth games.

Anyone know the games and can gave me any info?

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

mikki
: 124

« #3 : July 27, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »

Don't have a gaming system, just what I can play on my PC, play one MMORPG, Perfect World, thinking about getting World of Warcraft, any suggestions anyone?
Janine Dee

« #4 : July 27, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »

How are you managing the MMORPG? I have a friend who admits he lost a year of his life to Everquest, or as he calls it Evercrack.

I ask because there are a ton of offline PC games... I STILL love my Diablo's 1 & 2, and there is even word of a 3... though it's not a reliable word.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

sinnnn

« #5 : July 27, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »

I love all my games.  The addiction last as long as the game.  Some games take week to months to finish.  I try to stretch them out long because I can go days without leaving the house if its a really good game.  I make myself get up and move around.  Its the good games I don't want to see an end to.  I had one game that I got to the end to but I refuse to fight the boss.  I just refuse to let the game end for me.  It was by the same creators as Final Fantasy but they made this game for Xbox360.  Hoping they make it for PS3 too.
bouli

« #6 : July 27, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »

A few of many favourites:

PS3:
Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed 2, God of War 3

PC:
Mass Effect 1&2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Diablo series, Sam & Max series

Janine: If you like Dante's Inferno, gameplay wise, get the God of War series as soon as possible. Trust me on this one. :)
sinnnn

« #7 : July 28, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »

OMG God of War is bloody as hell.

Did you play the latest one.  When he cutted the Centaur I had to clutch my stomach.  Then he used the woman as leverage.  Damn :-[ :'( poor chic
Janine Dee

« #8 : July 28, 2010, 04:12:48 AM »

Well what's the game Sinnnn?

And I've played the first two Gods of War on PS2, but since they are bundled for the 3, and since I really do love them I'm willing to pay for the graphical upgraded and learn to love them all over again, and yes Kratos is not a nice man.  ;D

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Lover
: 10350

« #9 : July 28, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »

I've got the Wii. I love sports games, especially when you can play with friends. Tennis, Bowling...
I also play Formula 1 (very seldom, not enough time) and the new Sports Ressort.

Of course I have the Wii Fit Board and use it sometimes to do some exercises.

I have played Formula 1 on PSP3. Great! A friend has this, using a big monitor and a special racing chair, including an extra wheel. Absolut realistic.

Janine Dee

« #10 : July 28, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »

Oh yeah. I saved up for the BIG gaming TV... the only way to fly... though I haven't bought any gaming chairs... not sure about them because the only ones I've seen are the ones that have rounded bottoms and sit on the floor.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

sinnnn

« #11 : July 28, 2010, 10:05:45 PM »

Don't laugh forgot the name.  I traded my XBOX360 and gave the game to my bro, ordering him never to trade it.  Been months.  Big screen is the way to go.  I love mines, if I could hump it I would.  Yeah I just said that.  The Wii is nice also, but PS3 is suppose to be putting out a new controller just like the Wii.  Find out soon which is better.

I refuse to buy anything else with my games.  I alreay have three expensive addictions as is.  Refuse to add another.  Even tho that chair is sweet.
Bear
: 3856

« #12 : July 29, 2010, 02:48:19 AM »

Years ago had gotten into Everquest...seriously tough game in the old version. Death meant something in that version. Screw up and you could lose your corpse, all gear. That was before they finally created a resurrection graveyard. Remember one kid committing suicide after losing a toon in an irretrievable spot. Some folks took it way too serious.

bouli

« #13 : July 29, 2010, 08:57:38 AM »

Just have to make a recommendation for you guys. Especially the ones who love the simplistic button mashin and loot hoarding of Diablo and the like as well as the witty dialogue of games like Monkey Island and Sam and Max. Check out the new XBLA and PSN game Deathspank.
Simple, but brilliant. And well worth its price.
Janine Dee

« #14 : July 29, 2010, 09:59:39 AM »

I've seen Deathspank in the PSN store... I must admit I hadn't looked twice. I still have to decide what downloads I'm going to want buy for Inferno, but since the cards are in denominations I may end up having a few bucks left to throw at it.

@Bear... there always is. Movies, TV, pen and paper RPG. There always seems to be someone who is unstable enough to take it too far and get someone killed. The problem is that there's always going to be those who are just a LITTLE more stable who then turn around and go after the thing that the person had happened to be latched on when they went over the edge and blame that rather then admit the person was just messed up.

@Sinnnn... I'm not sure that's healthy sweetie.  :P I mean building up all that tension, but not getting that big final release of the ending?  ;) There's always the replay value. I mean I've already beat Lucifer on the first two difficulties as well as completed the Dark Forrest and Gates of Hell arena... at this point I'm planning on starting the next difficulty and looking into downloading the Trials of Saint Lucia. So there are ways to get more bang out of that buck.... and yes I think I crammed all the sexual metaphors I could there.  ;D Including the last one.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

: [1] 2 3 ... 11  
« previous next »
: