*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  General Chat
« previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
: General Chat  ( 43945 )
Lover
: 10350

« #60 : September 27, 2010, 10:27:41 AM »

100% agree :D

Lover

« #61 : September 27, 2010, 10:38:29 AM »

@apollo13nut why didnt you just turn off chat ?

I can't speak for apollo, but if you wan't to take part at the general chat, you can't turn it off.

Janine Dee
: 2541

« #62 : September 27, 2010, 12:03:28 PM »

Let's assume the Development Team reads this.

Would we want to say pay 1A$ every time we open a room?

In that case I would want to be able to invite in whomever I wished.

I would prefer private rooms being a premium perk. Then people have more reason to pay for memberships, while chat comes back and private rooms do exist. Now, would we want only premiums to be able to enter private chats? Or just that premiums can open rooms but invite anyone they want?

My vote would be it takes a premium to open, but they can invite anyone in.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
TightFit74
: 2415

« #63 : September 27, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »

I would like to see it as a perk for premium members to be able to open chat rooms and be able to invite anyone to it. And I would pay a higher membership fee for it instead of paying $A everytime I open a chatroom. It should be freely usuable. And it would be nice if the chat rooms had no limits as far as numbers of people entering.
The advantage of premium members opening their own chatroom, is that you have a moderator (the one that opens the room) to control what happens inside. Conversations will be 'confined'to the circle that are discussing a subject while "general chat" remains open as a lobby for people to meet. Including the ones that have a two word vocabulary

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Adera
: 3047

« #64 : September 27, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »

An only premium jacuzzi private room would be awsome, just to get a nice premium perk.
TightFit74

« #65 : September 27, 2010, 12:35:45 PM »

Swimwear required! (nice chance to design some new clothing, for the gus too!)

Janine Dee

« #66 : September 27, 2010, 02:41:01 PM »

I would say the swimwear should be optional.  ::)

I would also say that I can't see private rooms as THAT large of a programming hurdle to require a bump in membership fees. I'm just brainstorming ways to make it both available to all (general type chat) while making a premium perk to encourage memberships.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Unhealer
: 560

MSN Messenger - the.versifier@gmail.com
« #67 : September 28, 2010, 03:19:24 AM »

it wouldnt be that bad if there was no actions in the jacuzzi and just kind of scenery
Bear
: 3856

« #68 : September 28, 2010, 09:51:05 AM »

It's a chat room Unhealer,...and for those with a good imagination and descriptive abilities such a setting could launch some interesting encounters. ;D

It should be a premium feature. Staying out of the non-premium conversation though. I have the feeling at some point someones going to gripe about their exclusion if it occurred. One though though if excluded, excludes all non-premiums.

Janine Dee

« #69 : September 28, 2010, 10:35:44 AM »

I'm honestly unsure. I DO believe that opening rooms should be a premium perk. It's if frees should be allowed in rooms that I'm unsure of. I mean I've met some wonderful frees (and yes I encouraged them to go premium) and I wouldn't mind being able to invite them into a chat room I would open, but I think a key point between you and I Bear is I would see that as a perk for me while you would see that as a perk for them.  ;)

Seriously though I think that's the big issue here on AChat. Where those lines are drawn between the premiums, the frees, and letting the premiums use the frees.

Yes I know "use" is an ugly word, but I felt it more accurate in this case.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Bear

« #70 : September 28, 2010, 10:58:18 AM »

Really have no honest opinion in this other than whatever the rule it should be applied evenly. I think that is one area you and I will agree on.

Janine Dee

« #71 : September 28, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »

Yep, right now it's just a matter of feeling out where it should fall.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Lover

« #72 : September 28, 2010, 11:25:25 AM »

I am not sure if non-prem should be allowed to enter a room, a prem has opened. But I think, only prems should be allowed to open a room.

Bear

« #73 : September 29, 2010, 01:13:45 AM »

As a thought, if it is an added feature premiums only. If one has to purchase the option,..then it should be restriction free. 

TightFit74

« #74 : September 30, 2010, 08:49:19 AM »

Lover, in a way, according to me, you said it correctly. A non-prem should be allowed to enter a room. By the one that opened it. And I do agree that should be a prem option only... Non-prems will get their fill in a the 'lobby' I should think. You could tell from what happened in the general chat room.
One more thing though, a comment from the moderator was that the other 3 rooms were hardly used. But if you add an application/addition to the program unannounced, with no explanations how it works and what the feature are, then you shouldn't be surprised that people have to figure out how it works. I'm convinced that in due time, all chatrooms would have filled up...

: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
: