*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  General Chat
« previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
: General Chat  ( 44044 )
apollo13nut
: 262

« #45 : September 24, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »

I find it amazing how many people LIKED the general chat. I was a member LONG before the decided to introduce it. One thing I hated, and maybe I only noticed cause I knew what it was like WITHOUT it, was that the general and private being in the same window, caused the private messages to be scrolled out of frame before being read. So, while the rest of you want it back, I want it to stay dead until the dev team figures out how to do windowed chat (think yahoo, msn, aol, whatever with a SEPARATE box for each person). IF they ever develop multi-box/windowed PRIVATE chat, then sure, bring back public/general
TightFit74
: 2415

« #46 : September 25, 2010, 12:10:02 PM »

I agree with Garryz. It's like giving a toy to a child and then taking it back before it learns how to play with it, because it makes a mess in the room. There was a lot of interaction between people from all over the world, yes spam and nonsense as well, But also frinedly, helping, kind words. I think people who would never have met, met on the chat and became friends.
So it does have it's benefits. I call upon the moderators to rethink their decision and leave it to the community to decide what's useful or not. Find ways to deal with our wants. Isn't that the thought behind it all?

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #47 : September 25, 2010, 04:33:01 PM »

Tight, it could have been a technical issue too. Once it was implemented there was a spike in people either unable to log on or getting kicked off. They didn't say the specific reason why (and people can complain about that if they wish) but until we know it's hard to say they should have kept it.

On that train of thought it COULD be a while as they may have to make hardware upgrades to handle a more open chat function.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Garryz
: 19

« #48 : September 25, 2010, 07:21:47 PM »

The only reason we are even talking about general chat, is that  it was removed without one word from admin, and when they did reply to a post a mess and useless was all the input we got back. In the last few days not one word to clarify why?  All we said if its technical then we understand but if for other reasons we would rather have it than nothing lol.
And also for it spoiling peoples pms, when you had 2 options, 1 switch it off or 2 open toggle chat history where you get a bigger window and can see pms and general in more detail. worked fine for me.
Other point admin said is other rooms where not used, answer is simple general was where people logged onto, and bonds where not given time to form between people so they would move to other areas.
yes it did not have moderators, or spam control or a list of ppl with gender after them or beeing able to click on a person and pm them from general, but it was a lobby where ppl could get to know each other no matter there differences.
So simply Admin if its Tech problems tell us, or bring it back, we enjoyed it lol
TightFit74

« #49 : September 26, 2010, 10:00:46 AM »

Janine,

I know it could be a technical problem.I also had problems staying connected to Achat. If it was, they should fix it right before puttig it back on. But I would like it if someone would tell us what the reason is. So far they have been very vague about it. It would take a lot of guessing away..

caramelcups
: 37

« #50 : September 26, 2010, 01:04:19 PM »

@apollo13nut why didnt you just turn off chat ? This was an option. I agree with yasonline, I want it back. It provided entertainment when friends werent on line... Bring it back!
Unhealer
: 560

MSN Messenger - the.versifier@gmail.com
« #51 : September 26, 2010, 01:46:07 PM »

it must have been a technical issue for them. if they took it down because a lot of people who were like apollo couldnt figure out how to turn it off then thats a pretty easy fix
Janine Dee

« #52 : September 26, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »

And that IS fine to complain about.  ;)

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

sinnnn
: 1379

« #53 : September 26, 2010, 05:49:59 PM »

Achat is alway vague.  They are like the government without the press conferences that really tell you nothing. :-\ :P
« : September 26, 2010, 06:44:36 PM sinnnn »
bobbler

« #54 : September 26, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »

I find it amazing how many people LIKED the general chat. I was a member LONG before the decided to introduce it. One thing I hated, and maybe I only noticed cause I knew what it was like WITHOUT it, was that the general and private being in the same window, caused the private messages to be scrolled out of frame before being read. So, while the rest of you want it back, I want it to stay dead until the dev team figures out how to do windowed chat (think yahoo, msn, aol, whatever with a SEPARATE box for each person). IF they ever develop multi-box/windowed PRIVATE chat, then sure, bring back public/general
agree with that 100%

each person should be able to invite whoever they want in their own *private* chat room, much like you can invite 2 people to have sex with you.  i might want to chat with a few people at once, yet not have the whole community listen in on our conversation
sinnnn
: 1379

« #55 : September 27, 2010, 12:46:37 AM »

Wow, you just been coloring coding.  Hmmmm reminds me of someone who loves writing in Caps and bright ass colors. ::) ::) ::)
TightFit74

« #56 : September 27, 2010, 09:05:36 AM »

I'm dutch, it's in my blood to complain. Especially about something I pay for...lol But usually it's a good sign of someone dutch complains. At least he/she thinks there is something worth complaining about...lol (look at it as an incentive to do better...)
But I do want to express that the chatroom was a positive addition to the program, although the right form might take some time to discover. I assume the moderators are reading what's in the forum and will take our wishes, comments and reasoning into account while creating the new chat (if I'm wrong, just let me know, Tom). I wish them good luck and hope they will have the wisdom to know you can't please everyone...

Janine Dee

« #57 : September 27, 2010, 09:20:56 AM »

Oh Tight sweetie, they've had that lesson beaten into them at this point.  :P I too hope for private chat rooms, and while I would be willing to pay a trivial amount of A$ even if it's free making it an option only open to premiums wouldn't be a bad idea. Either with only premiums able to be in private rooms, or only premiums can open a chat room, but invite anyone in.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

Bear
: 3856

« #58 : September 27, 2010, 10:12:49 AM »

I like that idea Janine... ;)

TightFit74

« #59 : September 27, 2010, 10:26:52 AM »

Janine, I love your idea. I think that would be a great addition to the chat. Pay attention moderators! :D

: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
: