*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  Cencored banners?
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Cencored banners?  ( 15560 )
apollo13nut
: 262

« : November 15, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »

Does anyone else notice that sometimes what they type in the description box shows up as "I Love AChat" to the rest of the users? (I had a friend point out that mine says that when what I typed is "Cold invites and A$ requests ignored"

If you don't notice, ok, fine....If you do, does anyone else think this is ridiculous?
bobbler

« #1 : November 15, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »

i was wondering why so many banners said that but i had no idea why
apollo13nut
: 262

« #2 : November 15, 2010, 10:59:38 PM »

So does this mean i'm not allowed to re-enforce that i'm HETERO (get WAY too many guys sending cold invites), or warn that I WILL NOT pay A$ (or real for that matter) for ANYTHING, or that i hate cold invites?

Why the reason for the censorship? Is this more proof that the dev team is just that damn lazy and doesn't give a damn?
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #3 : November 16, 2010, 01:48:44 AM »

Can we see it ourselves when we are moderated? Or do we see the message we typed?

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Bear
: 3856

« #4 : November 16, 2010, 09:12:19 AM »

odd seeing that,...and have noted a number of banners bearing the message, thought it first some secret society as it grew. I would be mad to find my banner modified. Paying for a service not to advertise for them.

Janine Dee

« #5 : November 16, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »

Hey, while I have my own issues against the development team if they did this to take some sort of action against the hookers I'll give them some credit.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

TightFit74
: 2415

« #6 : November 16, 2010, 01:28:24 PM »

@Janine: in my view another case of good guys suffering from bad guys that can't behave. Started by the development team themselves. They created the gifting system, all the good intentions taken into account...

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Lover
: 10350

« #7 : November 16, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »

We should test two things:
1.) Do we see it when they ban our description? Usually we should see it when we look at our avatar (not in the editor).
2.) Is it just if we use the term "A$"? Is this  the change-description-to-standard term?

In my opinion it's the wrong decision. I don't like ANY bans of my description. Never! And it doesn't  change anything. Let me explain:
If I read a girl wants a gift, I know I don't talk to her. Now I have to find out during our talk (of course the whores will give us a hint).

Ban users, who offend against terms of condition. Ban users who offend the law (children sex...). Ban users, who just use AChat for their own business. But never ban my description.

NikiSchoolGirl

« #8 : November 16, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »

I can see the description I typed (as I meant to have it viewed) just fine. To test it, I even logged in from 2 different computers. After my friend alerted me, I made a free account and logged into it on one computer and my regular account on another. As myself, I could see it. As the free user, it came up as "I Love AChat"

So based on this, the only way to know if your banner/description was moderated is to have someone tell you.

I agree that this is BS. I paid $30USD back in March for a 1 year member ship; if this is the crap they pull, I will be switching to other game come next March.
Janine Dee

« #9 : November 16, 2010, 06:28:10 PM »

Shit, thank you Niki. Let's all make a gentle persons agreement here. We check on each other, we see the "I love AChat crap." we let them know.

Bathed in moonlight
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul

TightFit74

« #10 : November 17, 2010, 01:52:21 AM »

It is indeed the use of A$ in the banner that gets them moderated. I changed my banner, added A$ and it is visible as "I love AChat". Again, the lack of communications is painful. Without as much as a word they change policies, doing something that intrudes on our customer rights. And I don't want to advertise AChat, i want to put me in the picture... Why didn't they say anythig about this?

Lover

« #11 : November 17, 2010, 01:57:46 AM »

Thanks Nikki. Janine, I agree partially.
I don't believe anyone of us  (people in this forum) will have this description. Although we don't know if there are more moderated terms. And it's easy to find out if members with this description wanna get paid or if they wanna say "I never pay". We just have to talk to them.

But at all it's not correct that we don't see our own description. Even if it's a try to prevent "rule of sluts"

Lover

« #12 : November 17, 2010, 02:00:13 AM »

They didn't say anything because the whores may not know about this change ;)

I understand them in this try. But in my opinion it's the wrong way.

TightFit74

« #13 : November 17, 2010, 02:03:09 AM »

The thing is, imho, that they do this without any notification. If you are trying to regulate banners, say so in your rules. Instead of just changing banners as you please. Explain why certain characters are not allowed and why not. They are now trying to regulate something the caused themselves, against ignoring the group of customers they have.

Lover

« #14 : November 17, 2010, 03:27:23 AM »

Again, I understood their try to fight against those whores. I also support their try to stop them. But imho it's the wrong way. They can't win in this way - if the greedy girls recognize, they change to "must gift me" (or is this term moderated too?). BUT maybe they just wanna get time for a better solution? I do hope so!
The best way for me is a) tell them it's not allowed and they have to stop it b) give them a last warning c) ban them

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: