*** This forum was active till April, 2021. Now it is read-only, please use the New forum! ***

+  AChat Forum
|-+  Discussions about AChat
| |-+  Share your creative ideas (Moderators: Lover, Brandybee, jayc, Nat33)
| | |-+  backgrounds
« previous next »
: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45
: backgrounds  ( 292509 )
alstott
: 635

« #420 : April 09, 2011, 02:46:28 PM »

lol you guys make my day....i can`t  stop laughing :D oh what about these woods with knotholes on it are they worthless? ;D ;D

there`s  no right or wrong....just the consequences of your actions
TightFit74
: 2415

« #421 : April 10, 2011, 10:39:51 AM »

Don't know where else to post this..

some freak went through a shopping mall with a machine gun in my home town, 2 miles from my house, killing 7, including himself, injuring 10 others. WTF is going in this world!!!!

The mind... the most powerful Aphrodisiac...
Unhealer
: 560

MSN Messenger - the.versifier@gmail.com
« #422 : April 10, 2011, 03:23:48 PM »

happens about once a year, nothing is really changing
Bear
: 3856

« #423 : April 11, 2011, 09:09:21 AM »

Here in the  America's Unhealer that would be true,...in Europe such a matter is extremely unusual.

islandsun
: 1597

« #424 : April 11, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »

Everyday thing where I``m at !

Only couple of stabbings , some wife beating ,bar fights ,  1 rape that I know of > happen on my Island > only police  on the weekends !  Every house hold here own guns  .
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #425 : April 11, 2011, 04:34:33 PM »

"Europe" is a big area, and there are some areas where it is about as common as the States, but I think that we've lost something if we get too blase about it.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Bear
: 3856

« #426 : April 12, 2011, 01:53:07 AM »

Not to say it doesn't happen, but most of the nations there have much more stringent gun laws,.. such episodes are at a higher frequency here in the states.

PseRamesses
: 316

me? a lil fuzzy rabbit and a carnivour of lust ;)

« #427 : April 12, 2011, 02:01:15 AM »

Not to say it doesn't happen, but most of the nations there have much more stringent gun laws,.. such episodes are at a higher frequency here in the states.
u r quite right bear bb. i cant recall any incidents here in europe since the shooting on a school in finland some 2-3 years ago. and yes, u.s gun laws is the only problem here. get rid of the guns and these, and most other, shootings will decrease rapidly. i mean, how many fatal shootings is there in u.s.a each there, any one knows? im shure the number is staggering. r all those lifes wasted worth it as a price for ur right to carry arms to protect urself?

Imagination - the most powerful aphrodisiac in existance
islandsun

« #428 : April 12, 2011, 05:01:41 AM »

Youth gangs , bikers gangs > ecomny >  plays hugh roles  !  Lack youth programs > both parents have to work  >  I can go on and on  > Canada is lack with crime  > for a murder max 25 years  !  one case a man kill 2 yrs old got 6 years pissed me off ! Too much black market guns  ! A crimmanal Doesnt register their gun ! 

Sorry I`m just too passionte when it comes to the unjust  !  Cansda`s gun registery  Isn`t the cure ! Been proven fact already  !
« : April 12, 2011, 05:19:56 AM islandsun »
PseRamesses
: 316

me? a lil fuzzy rabbit and a carnivour of lust ;)

« #429 : April 12, 2011, 06:25:02 AM »

Cansda`s gun registery  Isn`t the cure ! Been proven fact already  !
didnt know it was tht bad in canada sunny :( maybe the close proximity to the u.s plays in? i just know the gun laws work in europe. i mean no system is perfect but at least its better here, thank god.

Imagination - the most powerful aphrodisiac in existance
TightFit74

« #430 : April 12, 2011, 07:22:06 AM »

First time ever someone went on a killing spree in holland. And my hometown has only 70.000 inhbitants.. In allof Holland only 16 million people. They are talking making gun permits even stricter in rules, since the shooter had been under psychiatric care.. He had a permit for 3 guns and used them all. He fired off more than 100 bullits in less than 5 minutes... Huray for GTA

( I know, too easy to point a game, but too similar what happened..)

islandsun

« #431 : April 12, 2011, 07:51:02 AM »

Their very strict here  ! , the cousres I had to take , WERE VERY HARD > Been brought up  with respect to fire arms > All my guns are registered . The gun instructor > talked me in beig the first female on the Island !!!! I was scared shitless , taking the course w all the old timers here !  After the final test ,Instructor  > teased me how I had a higher mark by 1 , then when he took the course !  I felt good about my self <  ;D I have long gun - hand gun  and bow  certificates < Poor mom was disapointed I was`nt a girly > girl  !
Janine Dee
: 2541

« #432 : April 14, 2011, 12:54:38 AM »

Again, define "Europe" that's a pretty big land mass. Something that could be argued to include areas like Belfast.

As far as the GTA mention I posted a longer soap box rant... I believe it was in off-topic, but the short version would be that before they blamed video games they blamed movies and tv, or music, or books, all because it's easier then actually addressing the problem.

And as far as the gun laws... if they were working then how did this event happen in the first place?

I'm sorry, because I'm sure I sound like a bitch right now, but I go into bitch mode when I see blame being put everywhere but the person who committed the act.

Bathed in moonlight
I'm proclaimed by angels cry
Think well
Do take your time
Because your soul
will be mine the day you die

Kamelot, Descent of the Archangel
Adera
: 3047

« #433 : April 14, 2011, 04:25:53 AM »

These are the minimum conditions about firearms in EU but quite a few countries have stronger laws: http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/justice_freedom_security/fight_against_organised_crime/l14011_en.htm

Sweden is definitely not gun free and there's quite a big hunting culture here as well. There are quite a lot of guns owned by civilians but they have to keep them in gun safes so no one unauthorized can acquire them. You can't bring any weapons into public either (including knifes) if its not part of your equipment. So if you go hunting its okay to bring your rifle but not even a pregnant woman can take a pocket knife to the mall without a reason... though the police would most likely return it to her later.

I think registering and licensing of weapons are good since they put control on things and regulate the market so weapons can't fall into the wrong hands very easy.

Many states in the US on the other hand doesn't do much to control firearms, you can buy them without much hassle, then carry them openly and without any registration the second hand market is very free.

But EU really isn't free of gun violence, if you compare countries homicidal rate with firearms then Slovakia (which is part of EU) isn't far behind the rate of the US.

Anyway... I really don't agree with that crap that owning and carrying a weapon should be a human right. If you really feel you need to own a weapon then I see no problem with it if its regulated and you've taken exams and such so your qualified to own one but being allowed to carry it around on you is just stupid and unnecessary (if its not, then something is terribly wrong).

@Tight: Don't put blame on video games, if they where the source of violence then the world would be burning by now. If your homicidal then you don't really need a game for inspiration on how to commit your crime since your going to find a way to do it anyway. No the fact that he'd been under psychiatric care and where still able to own weapons seems to me like a far bigger concern.
TightFit74

« #434 : April 14, 2011, 08:19:35 AM »

@Adera I know it is too simplified to blame a game. I know it's not that though these games do NOT have a preventing influence. A first reaction to something that shecked me and scares me.

All I can say is that the social attention we have for eachother is diminishing, lots of people staying under the radar that woud/could have been noticed if people took more interest into eachother. As Pince/TafKap (or whatever his name is nowadays) wrote a song about: a "Sign of the times"

: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45  
« previous next »
: