Skip to content

all settings resetting-including ignore list

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Got any problems running AChat? all settings resetting-including ignore list

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Misdevious
    Participant

Sounds reverting is one thing, chatlog changing it self from off to on and vice versa is annoying,  ignore list being erased….that's a huge problem.

I know the ignore list is saved locally, any way to get it back?

Lover
    Participant

Hm, this is a problem which has never been mentioned before. Do you have a backup of your ignore list anywhere? Maybe one you did before reinstalling AChat? There is no other way to get it back, cause it's saved on your harddisk, as you said.

More interesting is, why your settings are changing itself. Do you have any old achat-files maybe? I would reinstall and deleting all old AChat-files before. Only those you want to keep (chatlog.txt) I would move to a new folder, called “AChat backup” or whatever you call it.

Misdevious
    Participant

I didn't reinstalll achat.  Also, never messed with any the achat files.

Lover
    Participant

Maybe you should remove AChat and all remaining files and reinstall. Something is wrong, it shouldn't change the settings. To keep your chatlog and, if you have members on ignore now, move both files to an own folder.

Misdevious
    Participant

yes, I suppose I will

also wanted to show this mysterious red x which appeared at the same time this started.

Screenshot_253_zpsmqpjbk0d.png

Lover
    Participant

That's simple: You may not have a fetish

No, also never seen this before. Must be a strange bug or something happened with your software. I would send this to support too and hurry to remove and reinstall AChat.

FoxyRoxxy
    Participant

I would like to say achat is not a perfected program ,I  got some some old massages  from  a few years ago

all programs will not work 100 right they do get bugs  technical problem now and then . this  has happend to me  in the  passed  lossing the  chat  ..
    i just reinstalling  it ….worked good .. but latly  there has been some more bugs  comeing out  ..in time they get them .

Misdevious
    Participant

That's simple: You may not have a fetish

No, also never seen this before. Must be a strange bug or something happened with your software. I would send this to support too and hurry to remove and reinstall AChat.

Maybe they are spying and letting me know I haven't played with my fetish in a long time, lol!

but the x tends to move at times as well, is weird!

Brandybee
    Participant

I have never heard of this complaint before either, of course if other members know different , please let us know…

I'm quite jealous … I want X to show I'm X-rated too.   

FoxyRoxxy
    Participant

I have never heard of this complaint before either, of course if other members know different , please let us know…

I'm quite jealous … I want X to show I'm X-rated too.    

XXX

would be much better BB

Lover
    Participant

If it still happens after reinstalling, please tell us. Also, if everything is fine again.

Misdevious
    Participant

The red x didn't happen, but log gone, guess I goofed there, no big deal though I guess.  Ignore list blank as well.  I haven't roomed yet, and not sure I will today to be able to check stuff out.  I'll give it a few days and see if it resets…in the meantime suffer through cold invite hell!

Lover
    Participant

You should have saved the chatlog before, as I told you The ignore list is empty too, cause on a new system, you don't have anybody on ignore. But if you do now, this one should be there. Probably you have to check your settings and activate “save chatlog” again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.