Skip to content

any time of the year sale???

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas any time of the year sale???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    bobbler

would be cool if the guys gave us a christmas sale…maybe for a few days this week

buy one/get one free
    OR
    50% off all items in the shop

apollo13nut
    Participant

Sounds like a wonderful idea, bobbler! Being a broke college student, I don't know what I could afford, but still sounds great.

islandsun
    Participant

I hear some one say sale !  LOL  I would so be there !

Lover
    Participant

I own most things a man can have   But the new room for half of the price… yess!

Hardbody
    Participant

And maybe they could have a January sale as well 

TightFit74
    Participant

Might be a good oncentive for new members to become premium. No use in buying clothes and/or poses if you can't use them. But if you become premium and can fill your cupboards with clothes and your 'arsenal' with poses, I know I would join instantly… What about a summer and wintersale?

Trekmanalpha
    Participant

The only sale that would be appropriate, would be on Subscriptions… as only the Free members have anything to buy. Those of us who are Premium either have everything, or have what we want. I personally dont want anything else they've got in the shop, so I'm waiting on new stuff.

Janine Dee
    Participant

Well the big idea in support of the sale would be that there are some things most everyone might be willing to buy if they were just a little cheaper. (I for one might consider several of the recent outfits that are just too pricey at normal cost.)

That said I'm just not holding my breath. The store is their big money maker and I doubt a sale would generate THAT much revenue.

Harley1956
    Participant

True Janine…… but….. a sale might generate more than if they dont have a sale…….. they have already paid for R&D of the items…. so ANYTHING they generate would be better than nothing. It's like the unsold airline seat or the empty room at the hotel…. if it just sits there its not bringing in any $$$

Anonymous

there's another (adult) site that i'm familiar that dropped their prices for christmas and their servers were *flooded* with sales, so much so that they changed their policy after that to generate even more sales. the guys might want to give it a shot and see what happens…

Janine Dee
    Participant

You might be right, Bobbler's case might even be a good support for it.

The thing is that with the stock being digital it's not like hotel rooms or airline seats as they don't expire when a plane flies or a day passes with a room empty. So selling it at a lesser price is just selling it at a lesser price. Which COULD very well drive up traffic like I acknowledge above.

I can just see both sides I guess.

Lover
    Participant

It's a question of your strategy  and your values (values you have for the company). As long as you never sell anything cheaper, all customers know and accept this (have to accept). If you once change your prices (e.g. for christmas) the customers are expecting this the next year, too. You are creating a rule; the rule says: I am willing to change the price for special moments.
    This could lead you to the situation, your customers don't buy from the beginning of Novemeber. They just wait for the next christmas sale.

On the other hand, this can give you extra income. People are buying items, they never would buy. So you are creating a good/deep customer relationship, as you are building a win-win-situation.

But if I take a look at the date I believe we havegot the answer.

Harley1956
    Participant

yeah…… looks like you might as well just cough up the bucks……. or be happy with what ya got…..

Lover
    Participant

I have nearly anything, yes. But that's not the reason for my statement. There are some items I would buy at once in a winter or christmas sale. But I believe we don't get it, as we already have christmas in 2 days.

Harley1956
    Participant

I agree with you Lover….. two days out and prices the same…. so no sale this Christmas….. and like you, I too have pretty much what I want or need…. I was curious about the new room… got a chance to see it “BRIEFLY”….. and all it had was a view.. a potted plant… and a bed… so…… I think if nothing else….. cut the cost of that would make alot of people happy. However, those that paid the inflated price of 899 would not be happy campers at all.

I think we are stuck with the status quo….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.