Skip to content

Cant upgrade

- Not logged in to forum -
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kurt69
    Participant

hey there ive read all the “cant upgrade” posts and ive tried all the mentioned  ideas, but none of them are working tried re-stalling tried runnin it with XP SP 3 tried turning onff my fire wall witch iis windows microsoft essentials btw, i was wondering maybe add a manual patch upgrade somewhere, or uploading a new client download with all the patches installed already?

i am a premium member as well
    if anyone can help that would be great thanks 

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Really dunno how to help you……seems like you had try all, so better use the “Support”page

Lover
    Participant

Hi Kurt,

probably you did it, but are you sure you deleted all existing folders first? Then download the last version and install again.

Do you use an anti-virus program?

pietrcal
    Participant

Hi to all, same problem with me on win XP64 platform.
    Upgrader starts downloads the first upgrade step but after that i recieve the “upgrade failed message” . I opened the versionupdate.log file

“Checking version and updating as needed…
    Local release: 1
    Server release: 1
    Local version: 279
    Version on the server: 282
    Downloading upgrade_dir280.7z
    Cannot open extract log for reading!!!
    Could not collect decompressed files !!!”

What could be wrong?

Thanks
    Pietr

Lover
    Participant

Hi Pietr,
    did you try all the suggested ways? Close AChat-client, restart your computer and try again. Did you ever had an update bfore that worked or is this your first one?

pietrcal
    Participant

Hi,
    an update neve run on my PC , always the same problem. But i nfound a way to turn around:

The updater downloads the 1st upgrade and the stops because it can't copy the files and proceed.
    So u manually copy the files to the program directory, the update manually my version number and run again the updater so it downloads the next one-

It'a lot of cut and paste work , but i works

Lover
    Participant

I see Pietr.. but I'm glad you found a way to make it work:)

pietrcal
    Participant

Just installled new test version……. Really good but requires to reinstall updates from 34 to 82..

No way to maje updates work automaticlly on my platform?

medjai
    Participant

I'm not very familiar with your platform but seems to me like it's just a matter of permissions, so you may wanna try execute achat as administrator and see if it works

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.