Skip to content

Communication Ideas for Forum. Introduce Yourself & Group / Family Sections

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas Communication Ideas for Forum. Introduce Yourself & Group / Family Sections

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    rod_johnson
    Participant

Hi. I’m new here. Love AChat. I have some ideas and it looks like this is the place to post them. I’ll start with two and a half:

1) It would be great to have an area in the forum for new member introductions. The gain for the experienced user is new members posting intelligently here are, I’m guessing, more likely to communicate intelligently and creatively in-room – if you’re interested in them. Gain for the new member is someone might chat with them on the server because they read the introduction. If there’s already something like this, please point me to it and make it easier to find – I tried.

2) I searched and didn’t find much on the topic of group communication. Not group as in MMF or MSF, but as in “AChat’s Finest” and “AChat’s Sexy Divas” – I’m a member of “AChat Black Studs.” I’d like to see the ability to join a group in AChat. Group manager(s) would have the ability to invite members – and anyone could request membership in a group. On server, ideally, you could see if other group members are online. You could also search for members of other groups online – for example, I could check to see if there are any “AChat’s Finest” online, even if I’m not a member. Most groups have their members enter the group name in a searchable field, but that doesn’t work unless everyone uses the same field and spells it the same way.

2.5) If we had groups, a logical next step would be to have a way to message everyone in the group at once. That way you can say “hey…we’re all going to try and get on 12pm GMT Friday” or “everyone wear red Thursday” etc. Along the same lines, it would be practical to have the ability to message all friends or lovers to say something like “i should be on tonight at 10pm GMT” instead of messaging your list individually.

I’ve met a lot of great creative sexy people here so far and am looking forward to meeting more.

-Rod

Adera
    Participant

Hello rod_johnson and welcome to the forum.

You have some good ideas, the idea about an forum section where people can introduce themselves has been proposed before… though we don’t have that yet so it’s no wonder you put that in your post.

The thing about all the groups like “AChat’s Finest”, “AChat’s Sexy Divas” and such is that they’re just groups made by users that has no support from the devs as of now. I have no idea if they will support this or leave it as it is… I guess we’ll see what happens. Anyway, I think group names like “AChat’s Finest” and such are false advertisement since some are quite horrid in room.

😉 😀

hentaiboy69
    Participant

a big wellcome to you, rod_johnson! New fresh meeat how is carriyng new idea!

oh my gosh! i bet my Mistress will be really happy to have her own group, lol! but at the moment it will remain a dream cause dunno if dev-team have some plan about this, but probably it's not in theyr priority list!

“AChat's Finest”, “AChat's Sexy Divas”…..wonder if they are soo good as the name can make us think of it!

Bear
    Participant

Welcome to the forum rod'

Family/Guilds have been around Achat for a while, however with the population base it hasn't really taken off in much practice.  Exclusive family formatting in itself may not be a desirable direction for the developers to go unless they have considerable broader client base to make certain the non family base is not cut out by “exclusive ” behavior. Your concept would require some form of a registration of a “group” with Achat to create a search parameter, and additional membership lists. for each subsection. I guess Achat could do this, perhaps requiring a hefty group registration fee so as not to clutter the search parameters with every Tom . Harry. Dick group who want to to initiate their own subculture here and clutter the group search parameters with short lived families (the turn over rate here is another matter which they may consider).

So that said is this a function you would pay addition for? Would your members also pay additional fees for such a service? (Donations to assist the guild/family would require a possible by pass of the gifting process since MM gifting is not possible. I seriously doubt the developers would not want a backdoor process to circumvent some of the gifting restrictions they have established here.)

The concept is probably not a huge task but my own experience on another site which has a larger base,… well they did not provide such…leaving it up to the individuals to maintain their  own controls. and grouping format.

Course all of this is my opinion,… at the moment if you feel a strong enough need, perhaps creating an offsite web page for your group will serve the purpose you have outlined to some degree.

Pafe
    Participant

Hiya’s…

Greetings Rod Johnson, and welcome to the crazy place called the Forum. Please continue posting and sharing your thoughts and ideas with us.

I’ve always thought we should have a spot here in the forum as an introduction topic, where new people could post a little something about themselves and where the Forum could welcome them. It would save some space in the actual topics.

As for the group thing, we have a group here in the game called the Nymphomania Sex Police Department, and that has actually spilled over into the Forum, with what I think, are great results. There are actually two places where we can post and be silly… one place is in the Erotic Fantasies category. Read a litte of it and you will see what I mean.

Perhaps you could encourage the rest of your group member to join the Forum and then you could start a topic pertaining to your group, just as Azrielle did for the NSPD.

Thanks for letting me share,
    Pafe

TightFit74
    Participant

Welcome Rod,

you'll find this place crazy at times, but filled people that have a passion for this game.

If attempts were made to create a group like the nspd, I would welcome them gladly in the erotic fantasies section. I see it as a great expansion of interest and fantasies. It could also enforce the A-team (or designers) to aim poses, clothing and appearance, as well as rooms aimed at these groups, if the numbers are big enough. bear has a point, that the member base of the program  is really still too small to justify use of time and resources.

So far, any groups are the initiative of members, without the support of AChat itself. I do wonder if there should be a fee for being able to create and/or be a member of a group. imho it enhances the gameplay and the way people interact with eachother. I see no problem with the search list gettin cluttered. A modified searchlist and an addition to the profile page, you should have a result. The search options aren't limited anyway. For instance, there is no pre-set lists for countries. Nor is it required to fill that space in your personal profile. You would just have to get the name of the group just right, in order to find it.

Room on forum or on another part of the website for an introduction or leaving hints behind on preferences, etc has been asked before. I would rather see the space in the avatar profiles expanded. At the moment I think 64 characters can be entered. Change that number to 4 times as much, and there is plenty of room to write down a few things. Which doesn't mean I don't support the idea of personals on the website/forum, I would welcome that warmly.

Lover
    Participant

Welcome Rod… and thanks for fresh ideas. This is exactly what we are searching for – fun, communication ideas and new ideas for the game and this forum. All people here like to have more then just someone to fuck. I don’t blame it for those who like it, I just tell it as it is.

We are looking for more ideas to improve the game, but also to improve this forum. New boards, events, topics… anything that might be helpful. From my own (life) experience I know, the best is simple to start when you have a new idea – if other like it, they will join you. I also am sure, if A-Team notices there is a big demand for it, they will support us. Some new things in game are ideas of us and also take a look at the erotic story contest, which is supported by them.
    At least, we all have benefit of it. Perhaps you might read this https://funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,1540.msg32033.html#new
    And, of course, all the other topics here 😉

taztexan
    Participant

Other forums I've frequented have the “group” areas and are usually managed by the assigned mods of that area. They are able to allow who they care to on an invitational basis if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure they'd only do that for those groups with popular interest and membership numbers. Something existing guilds/families should look into, organize and propose to the owners.. I'd like to see it and participate in a guild/family for sure..

hentaiboy69
    Participant

taz, it will be a nice idea, but look at how many peoples are posting here now! 3% of all the premium users of Achat!

There are too much peoples who ignoring about forum existenze! really need to work on it more, but i don't want to see it becoming the home of this group ad loose his real purpouse: increase the achat experiense!

taztexan
    Participant

taz, it will be a nice idea, but look at how many peoples are posting here now! 3% of all the premium users of Achat!

There are too much peoples who ignoring about forum existenze! really need to work on it more, but i don't want to see it becoming the home of this group ad loose his real purpouse: increase the achat experiense!

Hopefully in time more and more of the premium member's will discover the benefits of  browsing/participating in the forums. I know I have reaped benefits from it already *cheeky grin*

From what I understand Achat is but only a few short years old and will take time for all areas to take off in popularity. Offering more areas in the forum just might encourage a lurker or newbie to participate or even upgrade their account to premium. Just my thoughts on this….

hentaiboy69
    Participant

mmmmmh……offering new area in the forum will be nice, but Achat need something who can increase the in game experience: we know the dev-team is working on gang-bang action and recently we had see an increase of pose for lgtb oriented users (thanks, dev-team!) bt i'm not so sure this is enough.
    looking at threesome poses, well, i can't say they are so much good, only a few maybe, so this can be a point to increase and we need a better interface, specially the chat, and some rework on the camera controller, to big for a 1024 resolution.

whit this few words, i think i had touch all the most important point we had talk in the past. nothing more to say!

TightFit74
    Participant

I'd like to make an addition. I think the propositions for other sections/spaces in the forum, contribute to the game as well. The forum is part of the game and I think not just as a pool of ideas and discussions about in game issues, but the out-of-game interests as well. The NSPD, the letter chaos, the story contest. HB's drawings, plenty of examples.

Expanding the forum will draw more users as well. Some are not interested in discussing the details of game play, relationships or other subjects. But they might be interested in Art, designing clothes, funny finds, guilds/families, etc. Those are areas that have not been explored much and deserve attention and a place to be. The moderators are discussing a suggestion to change, add and order the section in the forum differently. So there will be more room for more initiatives and activities.

taztexan
    Participant

Cool Tightfit. Look forward to see the fruition of your and the other mods work. Being a moderator is a thankless job at times. I know, cause I was one on another forum I frequented that was of a a hobby I have. Forums have been a wealth of information as the are, but definitely can be improved on. More general conversation. maybe even a section where frees can access, hide all the areas that premium membership allows you acces, but allow frees to ask questions or introduce themselves. Maybe in doing that, more premiums can be recruited which would benefit us all in the end… I've seen several free users get frustrated as they are kinda lost on how to play and what Achat is all about. Just an idea, what do ya'll think?

Lover
    Participant

taz, we staretd this topic for more members in general https://funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,1540.0.html
    and this https://funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,1342.0.html for promoting the forum.
    Perhaps you have more ideas and add them there?

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Expanding the forum will draw more users as well. Some are not interested in discussing the details of game play, relationships or other subjects. But they might be interested in Art, designing clothes, funny finds, guilds/families, etc. Those are areas that have not been explored much and deserve attention and a place to be. The moderators are discussing a suggestion to change, add and order the section in the forum differently. So there will be more room for more initiatives and activities.

this is a good point, Tight….and it will be really good if we can set an area for this stuff a little more under our own responsability. i mean (and correct me if i'm wrong!), you, bear, lover and keiko are not probably allowed to modify the structure of the area whee you are working as moderator. And this, probably, had force Azrielle to create the NSPD page on another platform and not here.

Maybe, this area can be opened for free users too and it can be the bridge between them and premium like us: it can be the perfect place to give them support and to teac them how to correctly use achat and maybe, at least, pull theme to become premium! more visibility for our, sometimes, hidden work over the curtain of achat!

mmmh, those a more then 2 simply cent……but, hey, hope you find it interessing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.