Skip to content

Defining AChat.

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Polls Defining AChat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Janine Dee
    Participant

Several threads have inspired this one, but I finally felt this was needed.

While we call AChat a game I think it is more accurate to call it a modified chat program.

Yes, the chat interface may at times leave much to be desired, but at it’s heart it seems you have a chat program where you can customize your avatar from the available options (yes, I know they too can leave much to be desired) and then seek to chat with others which can lead to interactions with those avatars.

Which is actually pretty revolutionary when you think of it.

Some comparable programs tend to be a more sexual MMO, but they are also WELL known for technical issues. Others are known for a more stable platform, because you are controlling all the avatars yourself.

Looking at AChat as it stands it does what it seems to set out to do rather well.

So why did I do the post? I felt that defining the discussion could help, wanting things like a group chat channel, or expanded avatar options, more rooms are all fine suggestions, but some seem to want to expand this to those unstable MMOs, or think that a platform can be made as stable as a single user while having multiple systems communicating.

Still, that’s just my thoughts.

Adera
    Participant

I think its good that you made this post Janine… your pointing out exactly what AChat is and it might serve as a reminder to those who have ideas that are a bit far fetched. 🙂

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Well, my impression is this: some peoples have in mind other adult format (RLC first, i think!) where u can have other enterteinment and not only met a partner, chatting a little (if you are lucky!) and have sex, in different way (RL or not, depend on us!).

About this, i think aChat have a good structure afterall, but at the same time there are some missing:

1 – shemale gender: they are the only one who don't have free pose at the begin, so, if u really wanna have some good time, or you are lucky and met a lot of premium whit pose (impossible!) or u have to become premium by yourself and buy them. Well, i think it's better if the developers make this thingh visible and not hiding it.

2 – premium accout: usually, becoming a premium user give some advantage. well, here be a free or a premium user is the same thingh and this is really frustrating. give to premium something more: basic poses, basic dress or whatever!

3 – shop: work good, but a preview of the object (dress, face, ecc….) is really needed, because isn't easy see how your avatar looks from the pics in the shop. this can be solved whit an online “dressing room” . (that mean u can buy stuff online too!)

4 – about price: they are adding new poses every week and that's good. but i wanna focus on the pose similar for all the gender, like slow lap dance, lap dance or other: they have all the same price (egs 240 A$), so if i wanna take all 3 of them i need 240 x 3 = 720 A$. like i said in another tread, i'm very glad if we can have a sort of promotional package, for a better price.

I think i had write all…..have fun to all!

Avalucia
    Participant

I am guessing this has something to do, at least in part, with the post I made – given the timing (even though I merely stated it more of a thought experiment than anything). So, even with the extensive ambiguity of “some people” tossed around, I feel the need to post, if only to play the Devil's advocate.

I have to ask, what is so wrong with consumers, us, seeking more from the product we pay for? Should we just accept the status quo as it is, or seek to see the product expand out of its current boundaries and become some more than what it is? Ideas may be far-fetched, but many great developments come from subscribers putting their ideas out there for the Devs to see, acting as a greater thought pool beyond their own creative minds. Some ideas are “far-fetched” but others are not, and the advantage of live products is that they can and are always evolving and changing – and such should be expected of live products.

Yes, Achat at its core is a chat program with some animations and avatars put in for sexy encounters. And while it may be fine for some to simply accept that, others may what to see more come from the product they are paying for and thus use this forum as a means to express that desire and generate ideas on how to keep it, at its core, from stagnating.

Let's look at it from a purely monetary format. At $10.00 a month for basic subscription it isn't bad, I paid for it, and am considering the $50 for a year. But in comparison for just pure chatting: MSN = free, Facebook = free, Yahoo and so on are free. They are chat programs as well. For the online aspect of avatars and doing things with other people, MMOs like EverQuest 2 and WoW are typically around $15.00 a month, and also feature fully customizable avatars, though with way, way more options. If I wanted to just sit there and talk in EQ2, I could easily do so in guildchat or the Level 1-9 channel, or even sit in one of the many taverns and have a face-to-face. This is all while in a remarkably stable platform that is able to coordinate thousands of people at once. If I wanted to do more, well, there is an entire world to explore.

There is nothing revolutionary about this, it has been going on for 15 years now with the launch of EverQuest 1.

Now I know it isn't fair to compare the smaller Achat to companies like SOE or Blizzard that deal with multi-millions of dollars. The cost is reflective of the company size, so I refuse to comment on it from just a personal value sense. For what it is, the cost is reasonable. But these are the options available to consumers.

What Achat has going for it that the others do not is the sexual animation aspect, which is loads of fun – but with limited focus comes limited interest. I have about 10 people on my lovers list, most of them premium members. During the last week, with myself logging on for a while at various points throughout the day (about every two or three hours when my child is otherwise engaged), I have, at best, seen 4 of them active during that entire time. That is not every time, but here and there and not at all consistent. So, 40% of my Lovers list is on sporadically throughout the week – each maybe available for 4 hours in a 168 hour period (about 2 to 3% of the time in a week). The other 60% have apparently vanished.

With that in mind, just from my own field of view, while the status quo might be fine for a limited few, it doesn't seem marketable for the vast majority of what subscribers need to keep going and giving out their money – so people who enjoy what is provided here look to find ways to enhance their experiences, give them more to look forward to, more reason to log in instead of finding something else to entertain them.

And if more ideas are generated to make Achat even better, things that the Devs themselves never thought of, and can improve the community and the experience to draw in more people for longer – well, I fail to see how telling people to keep it to themselves and just accept it is especially beneficial.

TightFit74
    Participant

After reading the posts, I'd have to say both ms Avalucia and ms Janine have valid points. In my interpretation, ms Janine signals that some requests, suggestions and ideas do not match with what AChat is at it's core. I see myself that a lot of ideas are imported from other games.
    Ms Avalucia states that any idea is welcome, far fetched or fitting to what AChat is. Stimulating the dev team to be more creative or to close in more to the wishes of their customers.

I don't see a problem in that, the more ideas, the bigger the pond for the devs is to fish in and add to their own imagination. Yet, it is the way that AChat is built technically that defines the outer limits of what is possible in the game/chat program.

Many games offer a world, or worlds to wander around in. Fully customisable avatars, envirornements that are actively changing (like lighting and weather in sl for instance). AChat doesn't. It can't because of technical limitations. Fully customisable avatars it can't offer, due to technical limitations. A common meeting area (other than the search window) it can't offer due to technical limitations.

This game is aiming at a specific group and it is likely that not everyone will like it. Yet I do feel there is a larger group of customers as a year ago, when i started this game. The huge amount of people coming and going is not uncommon for games like this and other forms. People hear about it, check it out and then leave again. Nothing really out of the ordinary. AChat is not as big of a hit like SL, Everquest or WoW. But it is steadily growing, also because ideas we the customers have given, were implemented.

I wonder if a full understanding of the game and its core is important for us to give our ideas.. It is the lack of communications from the dev team that allows us to ask for all kinds of things, possible or impossible. That is also at the core of the game.
    I am sure that in time, while the game grows, more will be able. More of our requests implemented. Don't forget, the game is younger as 4 years and will need a lot of more time and effort to build it bigger.

well, my two cents on the subject…

Janine Dee
    Participant

Avalucia sweetie, I deliberately started a fresh post and didn't mention your because while it helped inspire me wanting to make this post I didn't want to make it anywhere near confrontational.

I just felt that defining the discussion was a needed step because some wanted leaps and bounds and while your post included right in it that your requests were a bit overreaching some come in and expect MASSIVE overhauls and they expect them yesterday.

I want to see AChat keep developing, and growing, I just thought that establishing groundwork would help because comparing AChat to RLC or 3D Sexvilla is  the apples to oranges (yet the one of the most popular things in the numerous other posts that ALSO inspired me to write this) but would require basically altering the very nature of what you are talking about.

I just feel that steps are better then leaps. Like a restoration of the group chat channel before the implementation of the “lounge” type area people have mentioned.

Still, people are certainly free to express all opinions they want. I just wanted to express my opinion that some requests are getting a bit out there.

Again, yours was the most recent Avalucia, but you also said you knew that you wouldn't be seeing those developments any time soon.

Yours was actually happily unique in that aspect. 

Bear
    Participant

Avalucia's point of fatigue factor with the site is spot on. Honestly there are very few players here that push beyond the 6 month mark. that is reality. Solutions though are not always rooted in reinventing the process, much of Janine's point is valid in that we look more for suggestions that might be compatible with the current format. Honestly I am of the opinion that the site has hardly approached ideas which could counter that fatigue level and provide a longer dedicated client base.

The format isn't for everyone. I have visited a popular sex game forum and seen many posts from people who have tried the site, and post basically what Avalucia has commented. It was fantastic graphics but little else to expand on. Many were gamers of the one person sites, which to me are hardly thrilling, but to each their own. To me the attraction of this site is hooking up with a real person and joining in a mutual fantasy, not finding my jollies with a soulless computer graphic. If you walk in this place with a hefty dose of imagination you can thrive, I certainly have. Not all are so fortunate, and need a little push …

That really is the heart and soul of Janine's post, a reminder what ideas and suggestions under the current platform  would tickle the interest of the consumers, what ideas could be implemented that might be quick and easy additions to the current format. Quit frankly the state of heavy influx of hookers is merely a sign that the large segment of the population is highly unimaginative, and of a simple a quick pound the pud and get out mentality.

I have seen a host of good ideas filter thru the forum over the past year and a half. The bulk of these are addressed towards extending the visual capacity of role play,.. outfits,… themed rooms, …group communication improvement. … a healthy dose of development requests for the alternate choice groups FF, MM, SM.

IMHO the site thrives if it can reach the imagination of the subscribers, until it does then creative ideas of extreme makeovers will continue to flow thru here, nothing wrong with that, it merely is a sign of a larger expectation.

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Dear TightFit74, 4 years isn't a short time for an online “games”, to be honest……i see a lot of MMO whit short life then AChat evolved rapidly.

Anyway, the worst point here is the total missing about comunication whit developer, like if they are a secret group and they don't wanna show to the world them secret project to conquer it! in the “Client upgrades” last tread is on 9 march 2010! and looking at it, i don't think it help a lot…..sorry to say, but it's only trash! and now, don't tell me no one had ever think this…..i can't trust him/her!

it's normal, when u pay a month issue, looking for improvement, they are a big piece to make peoples stay here and don't go to other site (RLS or SL). I don't mean AChat have to become like RLC or SL (ridicolous doing this, imho!) but there are some good idea that can be added here. most users ask for a community space and this is not impossible to do. How!? there are different way: an open space for all (maybe only premium!?) or just small room for a max of ten users, or other solution!

Anyway, i'd like to know what other users (we are allways the same here!) and (more important!) the developers thin about this.

Avalucia
    Participant

I suppose it does make sense. If the devs ever look to the forums for ideas, they would have to sort through the impossible to implement as well as the more feasible ideas.

Maybe something along the lines of what Tight suggested, a “what would you like to see” section, with some clear guidelines of what is and is not acceptable for a rational addition to AChat. This way it would be all condensed in one place, and ideas that are too over the top can be cleared out via the kill button. And with clear titles, it would save on repostings of the same idea.

Janine Dee
    Participant

I figure the more we try to meet them half way the more likely we'll see our ideas developed.

What success I've seen in pushing for FF has been through striving to see it from their perspective and then using that to push my suggestions.

Unhealer
    Participant

I'd like them to update more often than they do, but honestly I dont think theres much they could add to the gameplay. they definitely could add more to the chat and such. MAYBE PUTTING THE DAMN PUBLIC CHAT BACK IN FFS. I had a lot more fun in this game when they had that up, but they pulled it down after a couple of days because it was causing “problems” (for the love of god i hope that was just technical difficulties, if it was stupid like someone bitching because they didnt know how to turn it off I will throw my shoe at someone)

hentaiboy69
    Participant

(for the love of god i hope that was just technical difficulties, if it was stupid like someone bitching because they didnt know how to turn it off I will throw my shoe at someone)

never understimate human stupidity, my dear friend!

Unhealer
    Participant

it really pissed me off when they got rid of it, thats part of the reason i stopped resubscribing and just started poking my head in every once in a while

TightFit74
    Participant

@hentaiboy I've suggested before this game feels like a big social experiment.. we're just a bunch of lab rats…

But honestly, I don't think there is big funding behind this game. Otherwise it would be pushed harder, advertised more and developed more quickly. I feel this game was created from a personal vision and desire, developed over years to achieve a good representative concept to the original idea. I have a feeling that just a couple of people started making this game because they wanted a closer, more intimate and personal connection in a virtual, sexual setting.

The aim being that sexual setting. A dream of people all over the world, connecting for an intimate encounter (evet though virtual, intimacy is so connected to sex, it can't been seen seprate from it). Because there isn't a single game (to my limited knowledge) that is aimed solely at interactive sex with a real person in a 3d environment. If anything, that is the core of achat. The possibility for intimate, sexual contact in a virtual setting.

Maybe that is the reason why the dev team is so closed about the program, why they are hesitant to communicate with us. Both with the content of the game as well as how the game is developed. I would probably want to protect my idea or dream as well…

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Maybe u are right TightFit74 or maybe not…..we never know this.
    anyway, yes, mayby they are working on aChat thinking about personal experience and feeling (tha's way there's a lot of MF poses and less for other, maybe)……..but they don't have to forget aChat is an open community, whit different desire and fantasy (or dream, if u like it more),  listen at our idea, then they are free to work on them or not (all us hope they consider our suggestion, i think!).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.