Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books… Easy Recipes to tickle your Tastebuds

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    JessiCapri
    Participant

This is a family favorite.

Hint: I use my wire cookie cooling racks on the sheet tray.

JessiCapri
    Participant

Another family favorite:

Recipe in the next post.

JessiCapri
    Participant

As with all recipes feel free to experiment and use things you enjoy more than what’s shown. Example: Instead of using dill which is not an herb I often have in the pantry, I chop up a whole dill pickle. I also prefer a honey mustard with a bite. I know someone who uses a sprinkle of paprika both in it and on top. Enjoy!

JessiCapri
    Participant

In full disclosure this one is a bit more complicated as the crust can be a bit tricky at first. But it is a family and client favorite. Perfect with a scoop of salted carmel ice cream on the side.

This is a pic taken before serving. Right before serving it should be dusted with a bit of bakers sugar.

Pignoli Tart

TART CRUST:
    1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
    1 stick unsalted butter (cubed, chilled)
    1 large egg yolk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 tablespoons ice water (if necessary)
    HONEY AND PINE NUT FILLING:
    2/3 cup local honey
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    1 teaspoon Kosher salt
    1 and 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (cubed, chilled)
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1 large egg
    1 egg yolk
    1 and 1/2 cups pine nuts
    1 lemon (zested, juiced)

DIRECTIONS:
    For the Tart Crust:
    In the bowl of a food processor add the flour, sugar and salt and pulse until combined. Add the butter and pulse until tiny pebbles form. With the machine running, add the egg yolk, vanilla extract and water (if needed) and pulse until dough just comes together with little pieces of butter throughout. Remove to a piece of plastic wrap, flatten into a disk and refrigerate for 1 hour.
    Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
    On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a 13-inch in diameter circle and place in a 11-inch tart pan. Be sure to press the dough into the tart pan and remove any excess dough from the sides. Prick the bottom of the tart with the prongs of a fork. Place a piece of parchment paper in the center of the tart and fill with dried baking beans or pie weights. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the pie shell edges are blonde in color. Remove the baking beans and parchment and bake for another 8-10 minutes until the bottom is of the tart shell is set and light golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.

For the Honey and Nut Filling:
    Lower the temperature of the oven to 325ºF. Place the tart shell on a baking sheet. Scatter the pine nuts in the bottom of the tart shell and set aside.
    In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the honey, sugar, salt and whisk to combine. Cook, whisking continuously until the sugar melts, about 2-3 minutes. Add the butter, and whisk until melted, about 2 minutes more. Remove mixture to a large bowl and allow to cool for 25 minutes.
    Whisk in the heavy cream, egg, egg yolk, and lemon zest, whisking until thoroughly combined.
    Carefully pour the filling into the pie crust. Transfer to the oven and bake until the top is golden brown and the filling is set but with a slight jiggle, about 35-45 minutes.

(Example of what I do in my spare time.)

Vaughan

Today is National Crab Stuffed Flounder Day, so it only seems right we do a recipe for it.

Indulge in the ultimate seafood sensation: crab stuffed flounder! Get ready for a flavor-packed experience as tender flounder meets savory crabmeat stuffing. It’s seafood perfection in every bite!

Crab Stuffed Flounder Recipe
    yield: 6
    prep time: 10 MINUTES
    cook time: 15 MINUTES
    total time: 25 MINUTES

Indulge in this fresh seafood feast with our mouthwatering crab stuffed flounder recipe!
    This easy recipe features a simple flounder fillet generously filled with a delectable crabmeat stuffing.
    Get ready to savor every bite of this flavorful combination.

Ingredients you will need:
    6 filets Flounder or Fluke
    1/4 cup mayo
    1 egg
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    1 can lump crab meat
    1 can tiny shrimp
    1 tsp old bay
    salt and pepper
    1 lemon
    4 tbsp butter
    paprika for garnish
    1 tbsp parsley

Directions
    1. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients, except fish, crab, shrimp and bread crumbs.
    2. In a separate bowl, add crab and shrimp. Coat with bread crumbs.
    3. Add in mayo mixture. Add in juice of 1/2 lemon. Mix in parsley.
    4. Butter a casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    5. Lay the fish flat and add a scoop about a tablespoon size in the center.
    6. Roll fish up and lay seam side down in the casserole dish.
    7. In a small bowl, melt 4 tbsp butter. Mix in juice of remaining lemon.
    8. When finished with all fish fillets, brush with melted lemon butter mixture and garnish with paprika.
    9. Bake your Crab Stuffed Flounder for 15-20 minutes until the fish is white and flakey.

What to Serve with Crab Stuffed Flounder
    Crab Stuffed Flounder goes well with a simple green salad, rice or oven roasted potatoes.
    Some of our favorites that are the perfect complement include sautéed spinach, roasted asparagus, green beans, creamy mashed potatoes, or simple roasted veggies.

Can I use canned crab meat for the stuffing?
    While fresh crabmeat is recommended for the best flavor and texture, canned crab meat can be used as a substitute if fresh is not available. Just make sure to drain the canned crab meat well before incorporating it into the stuffing mixture.

Can I freeze the stuffed flounder?
    It is not recommended to freeze the stuffed flounder, as the texture and quality of both the fish and the stuffing may be compromised upon thawing. It is best enjoyed fresh for optimal taste and texture.

Vaughan

This one is from Vlad0040 – A traditional Delicious Romanian Cabbage Recipe from 1913 & a town called Cluj.

“Varza a la Cluj” is a traditional Romanian dish that consists of layers of tender cabbage, rice, and pork, all baked in a delicious tomato-based sauce. The pork and rice filling is seasoned with fragrant spices like paprika and thyme, giving the dish a warm and comforting flavor that’s perfect for chilly evenings.

To make “Varza a la Cluj,” you start by sautéing onions and garlic until they’re soft and fragrant. Then, you brown ground pork and pepper, along with the spices. Boil the rice. Finely chop the cabbage leaves and saute with onion and water and spices until soft. Then, assemble the dish by layering the rice, cabbage and the pork, and bake for 1-2 hours.

This hearty dish is perfect for a cozy family dinner or for sharing with friends. Serve it with a dollop of sour cream and fresh herbs like parsley or dill on top for a delicious finishing touch. Give it a try and experience the rich and comforting flavors of “Varza a la Cluj” for yourself!

Varza a la cluj – reteta traditionala de la 1913

Ingredients: cabbage (fresh or sour), minced meat, rice, onion, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, thyme, olive oil, sweet paprika

Transcript…
    Boil the rice
    Saute the chopped onion
    Add water, cabbage and thyme
    Add water, cabbage and thyme
    Add paprika and let it cook, lid on
    Saute onion in a wok
    Add the meat
    Add tomato sauce
    In a large oven cooking pan add the ingredients, in layers
    Meat, rice, cabbage
    When ready, serve. Bon Apetit!
    . one hour later….

synner
    Participant

i am gonna try the Varza a la Cluj

JessiCapri
    Participant

I found this interesting as well as precious.

And yes, to those questioning it, it is legit.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.