Skip to content

Editing cloth textures

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Artist’s Alley Editing cloth textures

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 688 total)
  • Author
    TightFit74
    Participant

@Jeanona, you are very welcome. Please, call me Tight as everyone does..

I promised I think I would make some gentlemen's funny pants… So here they are..

@Hentai.. I worked a bit on shades and folds.. tell me what you think?

rocketspants.jpg

sexilicious
    Participant

those look like they can be fun tight i can see it now tracing the pattern before the guy takes them off  :

jeanona31
    Participant

@bluedenim – Hi , well i don't know , I guess it is strange, I found the texture on the net, I personally love the red color in all shades, the rest was all by feel.
    I haven't imagined that the front of the dress looks like this, but I guess not bad for the first time.
    Is there your project , i mean the top, would like to see it  I am just curious cause you said looks just like some you have done !?

Pafe
    Participant

Hiya's…

You people are all so talented!  I would buy things I see here.  I really hope they can implement something where the creative ones, like yourselves, could design things and offer them to the rest of us.  I would gladly be a model for the fashions.  It would also be nice to be able to gift clothing and items to other, too.  I could buy and send… it would be like giving a present. 

Thank you for letting me share,
    Pafe

bluedenim
    Participant

This dress is colored entirely from a sample of freckled skin. Weird

Janine Dee
    Participant

How very Buffalo Bill of you. 

bluedenim
    Participant

not sure if I like that comment, oh wtf, it was a film and I should lol!

Thanks Janine

jeanona31
    Participant

Another project …..

TightFit74
    Participant

Very nice Jeanone.. love the flower pattern…

TightFit74
    Participant

After so many designs have been posted, I think it is time to bring back the subject on how to incorporate independant designers into the game. It is obvious there is plenty of talent to fulfill the great need for more personalisation of avatars. Since this has been introduced, I really don't see an option to escape the implementation of independent designers. This is how I see it happening (best case scenario):

1. AChat allows new subshops/alternate shops for designers. A fee may be charged for renting a shop, a fee may be charged for using/buying (new) templates or whatever deal is negociated.
    2. AChat collects a percentage from the income of the designers, the designers are getting fair pay for their work.
    3. AChat releases the market for outfits and clothing to independent designers and focusses solely on game play, poses and rooms/backgrounds, etc. I can see the design of items to personlize a room to have potential to be in the hands of others as well,  besides AChat itself.
    4. All designs are checked by AChat before they are allowed to be solfd That way, there is a guarantee what is sold, is not offending or breaking any rules.
    5. A change in requirements to wear new garments, doesn't seem necessary in my eyes. The way it works now, seems fair. Being able to distinguish yourself from others through outfits, is a premium's prerogative.

If this is implemented, offering the posibility to others to enter the market for clothing is in whatever form a good idea), I see benefits for all parties concerned.
    For the people online, there is a wider choice of clothing and outfits to choose from, making it easier to make yourself unique. The wish of all if I interpret the posts about outfits right. Being able to be unique in a game, is a drawing feature and I expect AChat to benefit from that attraction. Combines with the requirement to be a premium member, the organisaiotn should be very beneficial from this set up. Besides, extra income through new members, they will also generate more income through the sales of the designers.. More options means higher sales, more members means higher sales as well.
    All in all, I expect the game to get a bigger draw from people playing it the first tie, tryingit out. Being able to create an avatar that is like yourself or the most outrageuos fantasy figure and everything in between, has made other games bigger as ever thought possible.

Philosphing about the future of the game, I do see different area's of AChat rise, country-oriented, interest-oriented, with the connected forums and shops with it. Members creating everything for the game that the mind can imagine, to fulfill the needs of a growing customer base.
    In order to grow, an outside perspective could alter the course of a company dramatically, and I think the a-team chose wisely to experiment with releasing some optios to members, to try out and see. I also believe that being able to design, market and seel your designs in this game, will attract more and talented other designers, which will bring an even bigger audience.

I could go on and on about the positive sides I see in giving the clothing market free to members, but I'd like to hear other opinions as well. So I will swallow my tongue and rest my aching fingers, waiting for you guys to grill me, support me or just spill your own ideas

bluedenim
    Participant

All sounds good to me Tight!

hentaiboy69
    Participant

All sound interessing, i admit it, but in this way is not going to be different from other online adult games (all here know about the one i'm talking!).

Peronally, i wanna ask to you , Tight, about point “2”: aChat is not interessed in A$, so are you thinking about a shop who work whit reall money!? this is the impression i have reading it….if not, i apologize.
    and point 3: at the end we are able only to create texture and not new object whit this application. As i said before, in some dress i'd like to see real shape for trim, bracelet etc… not only shadow: look at Keiko tron outfit: she had create a wonderfull texture and whit some good 3d model, it will be perfect.

This is just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less!

TightFit74
    Participant

@Hentai, Your opinion is very valued.. I'll try and elaborate on point 2..

A$ represent money. They can only be bought through the AChat organisation. The designer are payed an A$ for their design and change them with the organisation for real moeny, where the organisation tjkaes a cut. For axample, if  a dress is sold for a$  200, the designer trades the a$ fror real money and gets let's say 70% of the represented value, in dollars.

Your question about point 3: I am only taking in account the designing of clothes on current templates. I consider it a very good option that there will be people with the skills to create new uv-maps in which to create design that are not that clinging to the exterior of the Avatars. And it is definitly possible, take the angel- and devel's wings.

Another option is the a-team designs the uv-maps, on requestby the designers and a fee is payed to use them. Either the templates are bought or rented. I do too wish for more 3d effects on clothing, I added knifes to the belt of the ranger outit I created but it looks rather silly that they follow the curve of the body. So your point is very valid..

I hope to have clarified my idea a litt more. Thanks for giving feedback on the subject..

hentaiboy69
    Participant

maiby i'm a little dumb today (and this cold weather is killing my neurones)……and i can't follow your world clearly, but what i understand is this: if one of us (designer) create a new texture and aChat team gonna sell it in the shop, i gain some real money from them?!
    Or did you mean if aChat gonna sell my work for 200 A$ i can gain a % on the sell price (dunno, 30% maiby!?)!?

Pafe
    Participant

Hiya's…

I think opening the clothing design aspect of the game to the players is a terrific idea, and I see mainly good things to come out of it.  I like the idea of running the designs by AChat to keep any offensive slogans or pictures out.  Opening of sub shops to the designers is good too, especially with them earning rewards for their efforts.  The only problem that I see right now, would be the copying of designs or patterns, there should be a way to protect the “sub-shop” owners and designers from piracy of their ideas and work.

Since I am writing about clothing, another feature that I would like to see (though it would probably take extensive coding) would be the ability to “try on” an outfit or particular item of clothing before purchasing it.  I mean try it on my avatar to see how I would look in a new top or dress or something.  My friend and I go through the “search pages” clicking on each avatar and checking out how the fashions look on an avatar, and we especially like the avatars that are moving, turning around, etc.  If we find something that really looks good (more creative people combining bits of different outfits) we will even comment to the person wearing it, including the men.  Being able to do that with my avatar in a shop with a design that I am considering would be a great help.

All in all, I would like to lend my support to Tights post about allowing the creative ones to design and market their ideas.

Thanks for letting me share,
    Pafe

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 688 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.