Skip to content

Editing cloth textures

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Artist’s Alley Editing cloth textures

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 688 total)
  • Author
    Janine Dee
    Participant

I personally agree with the percentage based model just because it rewards those who do better work then allowing just about anyone to slap together texture maps and then sell them at the same price as those who actually put in time and effort perfecting their designs.

hentaiboy69
    Participant

i think this solution is quite good.

But at the same time, i'll hope dev team gonna give to designer the chance to work on hats, glowes and shoes too, something really miss in the tool at the moment.

Adera
    Participant

A percentage seems like a good idea, I think it will be appreciated.

HB, they might add that if this works out in a good way.

TightFit74
    Participant

There are a few more templates that I would like to have to work on. For now they gave us the 'regular ones'. We'll have to wait for the results of this test, to be bale to get the other templates as well..

Or maybe they will offer a different way of offering the templates. There area lot of economic models that could be applied to the further development of outfits by independent designers

This offer is a lot better and I will make an overview of my designs that I consider fitting for the shop. Introducing:

“Tight's Fits, clothing for men, women and shemales”

hentaiboy69
    Participant

something we really miss in achat a bump maps, to give the clothes some 3d look. wonder if dev-team had ever think about it!

tom
    Participant

something we really miss in achat a bump maps, to give the clothes some 3d look. wonder if dev-team had ever think about it!

Sorry? Bump maps are there. Should I show samples? The normal maps will be used to create the bump map.

tom

hentaiboy69
    Participant

sorry if i say this, Tom, but it's not easy to notice it in some clothes. Thanks to make me know.

Knowing this, this is a really good news for designer, cause bump maps help a lot whit some of the example we have here.

Keiko
    Participant

Tom,

Speaking of bump maps, I often encountered an issue with the existing bump map of a specific style (in this example the “Cloth2/Waistcoat” for female) which would affect the texture I would upload. In this example you can see the bumps from the ruffles and straps are still visible when I upload a .png (I used plain white for this example) I assume these will be removed for the final product but it would be nice to have them removed during the previewing process so that editing the textures would be more accurate.

BumpMap.png

I am also guessing that Hentai was suggesting small surface bumps like these would be added to member-created textures like simple buttons, straps, etc so they won't appear so flat on the model. The UV maps of the texture shape is already provided and the shape of the breasts, abs, etc are mapped out but it would be nice to indicate specific places where the surface could be raised on those textures for buttons, straps, etc. I apologize if this sounds confusing, I'm not familiar with the correct terms for making model textures. 

1st Box: Texture
    2nd Box: Bump Map
    3rd Box: Bump Map applied to Texture

Rukya
    Participant

lol one thing sure , i will never create something  i tryed to understand what keiko say but its , dont see offense on it , some japanese to me 

bluedenim
    Participant

I understand it Rukya, but I just get word-blindness after the first sentence………. technophobia!

FateInfinity
    Participant

How, I say HOW to have those hairstyles??????????????????????????????????……. 

CondomGirl
    Participant

I want to have those hairstyles.

All of them!

ASAP

THX

Daniela

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Fate, worship dev_team sending them your credit card access data! 

TightFit74
    Participant

In short and less technical:

the 3d details of the clothing seem to disappear when we load them onto the avatar in offline mode. Some parts seem fused with the body, instead of standing out as an object. An example:

The shape at the end of the necklace, is supposed to be a stone, a gem. But it shows like a 2d image this way. The same with the little red dots, they are gems too, but don't show that way. These are the little details that Keiko is referring to.

I hope this made it a bit more clear?

jeanona31
    Participant

– Free usage of the own design.
    – 20% share in A$ after each sold item in the shop, paid e.g daily.

I think that's a simple and clear model, the best and popular designs will be remunerated as they deserve it. The designer's income has no limits, can be very low but also very high in this case.
    I hope you like better this pricing model. Waiting for your feedback again.
    Regards,
    tom

I agree, this offer is a lot better – Thank you Tom .
    We are now certainly more motivated for further work on designing clothes.
    I will make a selection of my designs, so we'll see how things are going.
    I would be grateful if you gave us maps/ templates for the parts of clothing on which we were not able to do so far.

– shoes (boots)
    – gloves
    – shorts ( as a separate map)
    – hat
    – UVW map for the whole figure of the body to be able to do a design for e.g – Long dress (this map would like to get the most)
    I could list more but think for the beginning this much would be enough.

In the meantime – a new outfit..

[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 688 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.