Skip to content

Editing cloth textures

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Artist’s Alley Editing cloth textures

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 688 total)
  • Author
    TightFit74
    Participant

Question: how do you get an avatar to wear more as 1 piece of designed clothig? where do you save your designs?

since I would love to see these two combined:

bra2t.jpg

lol, well almost have it there…

Lover
    Participant

Tight, I looked at your ava – the preview pic just shows the standard boy. Probably it's not saved in the preview?

TightFit74
    Participant

Lover, what do you mean with preview pic?

TightFit74
    Participant

Found what you meant Lover. No idea why it disappeared. I didn't change anything… a mystery… The ghost of AChat haunting the game…

Lover
    Participant

It must have something to do with your… wait, just at this moment it looks much better

medjai
    Participant

It doesn't save you creation to make more then one pice, I think keiko is using different UV maps on her works

prias
    Participant

It start to get really interesting, good job Keiko

Urban
    Participant

You could play with the transparency

hentaiboy69
    Participant

well, at the moment this is just a test…..when we have the full release of the system (dunno when we can have it and IF we can have it), it will be more interessing! the tie can have is own model, not only a simple texture, and we can play whit all he clothes (well, hope so!) so we have good chance to create more good stuff.

btw, that doesn't mean your work isn't good, Keiko…..i like it so much!

Janine Dee
    Participant

I can't help but think if they were to fully develop and implement this tool they could probably pull most, or even all development resources from clothing development and channel them into poses, and rooms (as well as room decorations).

I may be blue skying here, but Tom, Susy, and all applicable parties, you may want to put some thought into that. It could help AChat grow exponentially… but I'm guessing you are already considering that idea.

Bear
    Participant

Actually a very good idea Janine,… utilizing the communities input and ideas will also develop a dedicated client base besides, not only freeing up strained development resources.

Thank you for thinking of me Keiko, those are fabulous designs,… love the turquoise on the black shirt, I find that highly compatible. . I use a turquoise belt buckle sometimes when in my black 501's.

Keiko
    Participant

I think that this tool will open the door to a wide range of user generated content as long as restrictions are minimal for both texture maps and distributing.
      If or once this tool is officially implemented into the game, Designers would need access to all texture model types and maps, even skin. (I would love to design a Navi skin from the movie Avatar.)

I also think that it would make sense for AChat to pass majority of it's clothing  development to its members with the exception of new model updates. (hats, hair styles, loose clothing, etc) basically anything that can't be done using only designs. Echoing Janine, Most of us here agree that time spent for the developers in best used focused on poses, rooms, enhancements, etc.

I suggest there should be a simple process for a member to distribute their own designs at their own price on the shop. AChat would receive a percentage of the sale much in a similar way Apple does with iTunes.

Once this tool is more publicly advertised, it will attract a whole new group of people that aren't even aware of (or have any interest in) the forums.

I know this feature is still in the works but I am excited! . Oh, and you're most welcome, Bear.

TightFit74
    Participant

I think they should implement this tool as soon as possible.. There is a lot of talent amongst the members, given the chance they can blossom here. It would only benefit the game, make more diversity possible, especialyy if skin texture etc. are released as well. I do think that each design should be judged by someone on the team, or at least they should give us parameters to stay within..

as for translucency… something like this:

bluedenim
    Participant

I wanted some stripey socks but I can't get them to look good enough to put on here, although I do like the dress and panties in the same design.

Evi01
    Participant

I have seen now a lot of good work here so this tool is so damn great right now.
    And with some time i think the cloth from the community will be outstanding

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 688 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.