Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books… Favorite Movies (remake from Say…)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Lover
    Participant

We go back in time, ok: “Witness for the Prosecution”, 1957 by Billy Wilder with Marlene Dietrich.

Porkys… I remember pubescent pupils… both on screen and in the audience

Lover
    Participant

“Here come the Men in Black. The galaxy defenders. Here come the Men in Black. They won't let you remember.”

Bear
    Participant

Arsenic and Old Lace is indeed on of the classics;

Jimmy Stewart's… “Harvey” is another fav

Original 65' version…Flight of the Phoenix,  the 2004 remake was ok but not nearly as good IMHO as the original.

Lover
    Participant

I agree with Flight of the Phoenix, though I like Dennis Quaid (The Big Easy, Innerspace, Suspect, D.O.A., Great Ballss Of Fire, Undercover Blues, Traffic, Day After Tomorrow).

Harvey… wonderful! That reminds me to Hitchcock's Trouble with Harry and the variant of this, Weekend At Bernie's.

sinnnn
    Participant

I like IRobot, Armaggedon, Deep Impact,  AI and a kids classic Flight of the Navigator.  Love Robin Williams' movies.

Janine Dee
    Participant

You want great Dennis Quaid then you should see Undercover Blues. He and Kathleen Turner are married spies. He's a martial arts master and she's the markswoman, and it's hilarious.

Bear
    Participant

A couple of fav's from my dvd Library,…primarily due to local connections and interests

Seabiscuit…a true story equestrian story.
    13th Warrior…(may have been mentioned before) another fav' from the library

as a footnote…
    Hildago…although was purported to be a true story, IT IS BEST CONSIDERED FICTION!,(modified this because it has not been proven false, but there is no historical race which matches the description and certain iinvestigations have raised serious questions as to Hopkins own autobiography in authenticity) don't let the tag lines based on real events take you for a ride.  Farnk T. Hopkins' writings as to the American mustang, (one of which I adopted and trained), were real,…that's about the only truth to the man that I have discerned at this time. I know many Europeans have an interest in the western stories, this one,…well represents how folklore sometimes grows beyond reality. I personally still enjoy the story. 

Lover
    Participant

Janine, I mentioned Undercover Blues. It's a good one, though I like Innerspace and Big Easy more.

sinnnn
    Participant

Ohh bear we true blood movie friends.  13warrior, Hildago are in my collection.  Pathfinder was actually not bad. Adam Sandler movies are funny.  Love 51 date, Happy Gilmore, Mr. Deeds, Click, etc.

Bear
    Participant

Liked Pathfinder,…though personally think it paled to 1992 movie “Last of the Mohicans”…(actually the 5 book Leatherstockings series, the third of which is entitled  Pathfinder wiritten by,…Cooper I think the last name is, is a hard copy series I have around here somewhere. One of the classics  written in the 1800's.  Haven't read it in years probably due for a reread…. cross thread reference I know)

Maybe true blood movie friends since I like the Sandler movies you mentioned, have 50 First Dates , Mr. Deeds in the collection.

sinnnn
    Participant

Enemy at the Gates, Gangs of New York, Dances with Wolves,  The Last Starfighter,  Starship Troopers, Ice Pirates, Space Pirates.   The Lost Boys, Speed and Krull.

sinnnn
    Participant

K, I finally saw The Rocky Horror Show.  I'm still reeling in shock.  They had to have been totally wasted to make that movie.  Loved it tho.

Lover
    Participant

No sinnnn! You, a movie junie, did not see this one before? Impossible. But now, let's do the time warp

Bear
    Participant

I am in equal shock that she had not seen it before,…, it's a movie best experienced at a midnight showing where the cult followers do their audience participation. Not even certain if still occurs, but it always stood out as that unique movie experience.

“It's just a jump to the left
    And then a step to the right
    With your hands on your hips
    You bring your knees in tight
    But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
    Let's do the Time Warp again!”

lol,..might be a good party setting for erotic fantasies,…though the guys might be uncomfortable with the required costume dressed in corsets, fishnet stockings and heels…

sinnnn
    Participant

OK rub it in please.  Every time it came on something distracted me.  But I saw it now and I think I need to be wasted to watch it.  I like that rp idea bear.  Guys in corsets, sweet.  Maybe we should ask for that in the outfit section.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 217 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.