Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books… Favorite Movies (remake from Say…)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    sinnnn
    Participant

Was good K an D but wasn't a blockbuster here.  Devil wasn't all that great.  M. kinght is getting boring.

Adera
    Participant

If your ever interested in an good thriller you could watch The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, its an Swedish movie based on an really good book. There are two more movies in the series as its an triology, I don't know if its been released in the US yet though.

sinnnn
    Participant

Yes it has.  

Janine Dee
    Participant

I JUST saw the Boondock Saints both one and two, in a single sitting and if I didn't love the brothers  and their battles I would, and do… really, really love Julia Benz in her cowgirl outfit. 

Adera
    Participant

The second one was a real dissapointment.

Adera
    Participant

Salt was really good imo.

Janine Dee
    Participant

I always grade sequels on a curve. It wasn't as good as the first, but sequels rarely are. I LIKED seeing how everyone was falling in behind the brothers. I also adored Julie Benz… add the red hair and the drawl, top off with a cowgirl outfit……… sorry got distracted there, but I REALLY dig the movies, both and I'm hoping a third does come to fruition.

Lover
    Participant

Agree, Salt is a good one.

Janine Dee
    Participant

Okay I'm missing something…. Salt?

Lover
    Participant

Sinnnn and I talked about “Salt” one page before. Adera wrote this night

Salt was really good imo.

Now that I have watched it I agree

Adera
    Participant

I didn't watch Salt at the theaters, just a blueray at home.

@Janine: Salt -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944835/

I had to check out the cowgirl outfit again in Boondock Saints 2 and its nice in a stylish way. I like it when they have good outfits that are not slutty. I like Angelina Jolies outfits in the first parts of Salt too.

sinnnn
    Participant

the move The Town was great.  Loved it, took Ben Affleck long time but he earned back my respect.  Hate when good actors keep picking bad movies, make them look like cute dolls with no talent.

Red was great.
    Resident Evil- again I want that chic.  Loved the movie can't wait til the 5th one comes out.
    The Sorcerers Apprentice- loved it
    2012 was funny
    Jonah Hex- looked good but sooo not going in my collection(look good was the chic playing his side kick whore :)
    The Expendables-loved it
    Predators- was actually GOOD
    Knight and Day- surprised me, it was really good

Of course going to see Harry Potter, YESSSSSSS and Tron(loved it as a kid, so have to see this new one).

Janine Dee
    Participant

I dunno about Salt, the suspense often annoys me because it is VERY easy to draw it out TOO long and loose the viewers interest. In many ways I prefer a more clearly drawn story like the Boondock Saints where I can see where and how it develops rather then a movie that tries to get clever.

If they sew those threads well it's fine, a horror example would be my beloved Saw movies where the threads are laid out, you just get to see the full weave at the end. Some just get TOO subtle and TOO clever and annoy the fuck out of me.

As far as Affleck, I may have said I liked the Daredevil movie and liked him in it. I felt he really gave the character a humanity that so often is missing in superhero portrayals.

… and again Sinnnn tempts me  I think I'll check Netflix to see if RE3 has made it on there.

Other then that interested in Predators (friends gave mixed reviews) and The Expendables (have heard only good things).

Adera
    Participant

I like the clever movies more () like Memento, Fight Club, A Beautiful Mind and Shutter Island. But the clearly drawn movies can be good when you just want some easy entertainment, its really not like I don't enjoy them.

Janine Dee
    Participant

They CAN be enjoyable, they can also very easily become pretentious. I don't like my entertainment to think it's better then me. 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 217 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.